Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

After ‘I’ll Break You in Half,’ apologies...

questionmark

WASHINGTON — Representative Michael G. Grimm of Staten Island, once considered a rising star in the Republican Party, touched off a political firestorm after delivering unusually vitriolic threats against a reporter inside the United States Capitol building on Tuesday night, just moments after the State of the Union speech.

Mr. Grimm apologized to the reporter on Wednesday and also issued a statement expressing regret, but the damage to Mr. Grimm’s reputation appeared to already have been severe, as his threats became the subject of widespread denunciation and mockery.

Mr. Grimm, who was first elected with the help of Tea Party support, has been entangled in controversy involving a continuing federal investigation into his campaign fund-raising, including assertions by several contributors that Mr. Grimm or his chief fund-raiser told them that his campaign would find ways to get around the legal limit on donations.

Read more

• Like 1

he should not have appologised. you either don't say things or stand by what you said.

That only happens in fairy-tale land...

• Like 1

That only happens in fairy-tale land...

it does happen. more often that you think, looks like you are living in fairy-tale land.

just use google, many examples,

it does happen. more often that you think, looks like you are living in fairy-tale land.

just use google, many examples,

My post was a pun on the name of the perp.

My post was a pun on the name of the perp.

are we talking diferent languages here??

your post was a comment on my post that has nothing to do with his name, nor your post that mentined his name.

are we talking diferent languages here??

your post was a comment on my post that has nothing to do with his name, nor your post that mentined his name.

The guy's name is Grimm.

Fairy tales?

• Like 2

lol, yes grimm brothers, lol

well, you won this argument, i totaly did not think of it this way.

:tu:

It's not a case of winning, aztek. I just didn't want a misunderstanding left to lie.

• Like 1

he should not have appologised. you either don't say things or stand by what you said.

So people should never express regret when they realise they made a mistake? Little scary there aztek :unsure2:

• Like 1

So people should never express regret when they realise they made a mistake? Little scary there aztek :unsure2:

of course they should.

but this not the case.

reporter talked sht, and grimm's "i'll brake you" came as a responce to an insult. imo, reporter deserved exactly what he got. for some reason article does not say word by word what reporter said.

the reason grimm made that appology is not becouse realised he made a mistake. he caved in under pressure. that is not something i'd want politicians to do.

Initially, Mr. Grimm sought to justify his behavior and did not apologize.

I tend to apologize & then immediately follow it up with the threat. It makes it easier for me to be unwavering, yet considerate.

• Like 4

I'm not going to Google how the congressman looks because I want to picture him in my mind as Ivan Drago. Forever.

• Like 3

lol, yes grimm brothers, lol

well, you won this argument, i totaly did not think of it this way.

It wasn't really an argument, just a statement or comment.

As to the issue, the politician showed his true colors. They're whores really, just telling people what they want to hear just to get elected, where they become even more vain.

There are a few good ones, but for the most part they're crooks.

Edited by Babe Ruth
  • Like 2

of course they should.

but this not the case.

reporter talked sht, and grimm's "i'll brake you" came as a responce to an insult. imo, reporter deserved exactly what he got. for some reason article does not say word by word what reporter said.

the reason grimm made that appology is not becouse realised he made a mistake. he caved in under pressure. that is not something i'd want politicians to do.

Fair point if that's how you see it :)

of course they should.

but this not the case.

The reporter was not insulting this Congressman. He simply tacked on a question at the end of an interview about this mans Campagn finances. That's what reporters are supposed to do, ask the questions. Rep. Grimm thought he could bully the reporter out of it. He didn't.

• Like 1

Would he be apologising if he wasn't so blatantly caught on camera?

Nope, didn't think so.

• Like 5

Bill Clinton didn't apologize.

When will Republicans Politicians stop sabotaging themselves?

Exactly.

This isn't an exercise in divide. Its another example of GOV getting caught red handed and not being able to offer up the usual line.."I misspoke". BS

Bill Clinton didn't apologize.

Aztek is not the Prezz.

I take my hat off to the reporter if someone said that to me he would've been spitting a few teeth out.I hate bullies I couldn't walk away from a situation like that

• Like 1

When a news service has arranged for a politician to comment on a particular matter, it is considered bad form to switch to another topic simply to catch the pol off-guard. IOW, the "gotcha" question.

Grimm sounds like the borough he (partially) represents - Brooklyn.

If not charged in the campaign finance investigation, I predict this incident will propel him to re-election, given the nature of his constituency. :w00t:

Harte