Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ambelamba

Speculation on the nature of the Bible

13 posts in this topic

I've been thinking. Well, that's a really bad way to get me...distracted from surroundings. Cannabis should work much better.

You know...maybe we should see the Scripture from a very different perspective. It was never meant to be studied or analyzed.

It's quite possible that folks who assembled the Bible in the current form NEVER expected average people to read it. Well, that explains a lot of things.

All the contradictions in the Bible were, in fact, well-known from the day one. Creating one single coherent, iron-clad codex was never the goal of Church fathers.

They really didn't expect the Bible to be translated to other languages. And even worse, they would never imagine any lay person even attempt to read through the entire Bible. To modern people, it's exactly like going to a local library and read everything from A to Z.

There were more than a couple of reason why most people were not allowed to access to the Scripture. Now I know why. The Church knew the danger of it. They certainly knew that it could be exploited for evil purposes. The last thing they wanted was The Word being available to everyone, for a good reason.

It was simply meant to be an idol. Nothing more. When people started to take its content seriously, tragedy started.

I've been thinking. Well, that's a really bad way to get me...distracted from surroundings. Cannabis should work much better.

You know...maybe we should see the Scripture from a very different perspective. It was never meant to be studied or analyzed.

It's quite possible that folks who assembled the Bible in the current form NEVER expected average people to read it. Well, that explains a lot of things.

All the contradictions in the Bible were, in fact, well-known from the day one. Creating one single coherent, iron-clad codex was never the goal of Church fathers.

They really didn't expect the Bible to be translated to other languages. And even worse, they would never imagine any lay person even attempt to read through the entire Bible. To modern people, it's exactly like going to a local library and read everything from A to Z.

There were more than a couple of reason why most people were not allowed to access to the Scripture. Now I know why. The Church knew the danger of it. They certainly knew that it could be exploited for evil purposes. The last thing they wanted was The Word being available to everyone, for a good reason.

It was simply meant to be an idol. Nothing more. When people started to take its content seriously, tragedy started.

"Knowledge is power" - that can't be stated enough. Controlling the information that your followers receive is a fantastically effective way to keep them subservient. For how long did the Catholic church capitalize on the lack of education? It can be very dangerous when only a handful of people are "qualified" to interpret scriptures. I mean, look what Joseph Smith pulled off: he was the only one who could translate the magical golden plates he found, which means he was the only one who could dictate how his followers were supposed to act.

Yeah.

"Knowledge is power" - that can't be stated enough. Controlling the information that your followers receive is a fantastically effective way to keep them subservient. For how long did the Catholic church capitalize on the lack of education? It can be very dangerous when only a handful of people are "qualified" to interpret scriptures. I mean, look what Joseph Smith pulled off: he was the only one who could translate the magical golden plates he found, which means he was the only one who could dictate how his followers were supposed to act.

Yeah.

That wasn't what I meant. What Catholic Church did was in fact a quarantine.

...so why does it say in the Bible to preach the word to everyone you meet? Not a very effective way to keep the book hidden...

1 person likes this

...so why does it say in the Bible to preach the word to everyone you meet? Not a very effective way to keep the book hidden...

That's one question that I couldn't really answer. In fact, I decided not to think about it anymore, for the sanity's sake.

Well...maybe one way to see it is that it's some kind of...well...malware to be activated when accessed?

That's one question that I couldn't really answer. In fact, I decided not to think about it anymore, for the sanity's sake.

Well...maybe one way to see it is that it's some kind of...well...malware to be activated when accessed?

If there were passages in there about hiding the true message, or keeping the book secret, that would lend credence to your theory.

I do agree that when the book was written, it probably wasn't written with the foresight that one day anyone could put it under a microscope. In fact, I would put good money down that the monks who did the translating were very aware that only a select few would be able to read it period.

2 people like this

And I am pretty sure monks knew the problems with Scripture very well.

2 people like this

In judaism it's a common theme that Priest's can only touch Holy relics/Texts, and inside the Temple of the Holy of Holies the High Priest is only allowed to enter once a year.There is even OT scriptue that says the handicapped is not allowed anywhere near the Temple it's self not to mention menstruating Women.

In judaism it's a common theme that Priest's can only touch Holy relics/Texts, and inside the Temple of the Holy of Holies the High Priest is only allowed to enter once a year.There is even OT scriptue that says the handicapped is not allowed anywhere near the Temple it's self not to mention menstruating Women.

But...sometimes I wonder if OT reflects the ideas of a certain fringe extremists among Israelite, not the whole population and history.

1 person likes this

But...sometimes I wonder if OT reflects the ideas of a certain fringe extremists among Israelite, not the whole population and history.

It reflects the emotion of the prophet/preacher. Def. not the whole population and history. Lot's of exaggeration.

1 person likes this

It reflects many things whatever the many writers wanted people to believe at the time.There have been instances at insulting other races, and tribes with satiracal stories that people believe as true today.

And I am pretty sure monks knew the problems with Scripture very well.

I get the impression that some of the transcribers were barely literate to begin with. Deep thoughts were the purview of those farther up the hierarchy.

Doug

2 people like this

not only did thy not expect the common man to have acess to the bible, they also took stories from other religions. to cover this fact they claim any other religion is a false religion created by the devil to keep people from finding out the stories were stolen. and then the church, in order to keep people from celebrating paganistic holidays, they shove THEIR holidays ontop of them in hopes to irradicate an older "false" religion. THEN they steal ideal,i.e. heaven and hell, to scare people into following their religion. christianity is a tool used to gain power over weak willed and weak minded people.