Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

seeing shadows and corner of eye phenomena

SerenCat

Hello,

u may or may not think I'm crazy after this but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. No rude comments please or I will be rude back... Ever since I had a bad smoking experience with my ex, I have been seeing strange shadows (I am completely sober) flickering in and out quickly of my vision. They don't just happen in my peripheral vision but they happen in front of my vision too and they r starting to look like people. Am I seeing ghosts or something else??. Today I looked at one of my classmates in my peripheral vision and saw him bathed in a body of light and a shadow around him or he changed into the shadow too sometimes..I also at some point saw a lingering peripheral shadow .am I mad or just highly intuned to things??

Please help if u can... :-)

SerenCat, (welcome to UM)

Please describe a "bad smoking experience". Also, have you your vision checked lately?

• Like 1

Hello SerenCat.

I've had vision experiences as you describe but unfortunately not when I was sober. In my day to day life I do see movements on the edge of my vision but have chalked them up to being some sort of naturally occurring phenom of my eye as it only happens in my right eye and only when I am in a specific place and position.

Drug induced flashbacks may be the cause in your case. I have had those before too but it was a long time ago.

• Like 1

There are various causes that may cause the peripheral and center vision to cause tricks of shadows, lights, blurrs ect.

It could be acephalic or occular migraines, astigmatism, retinal problem, vitreous floaters and/or posterio vitreous detechments, psychological or mental health issues ect.

See: https://www.healthta...f-corner-of-eye

You may want to consult a doctor to make sure you do not have health problems and if eyes issue is suspected, it is likely that you'll be refered to an ophtalmologist.

See: http://www.medicinen...rticlekey=22559

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Agree with many of the posters above, though I'd like to add that exhaustion could also play a factor. I know if I'm up into the wee hours of the morning I'll start seeing "spiders" crawling on my wall. This is especiallynoticable if I've been looking at a TV or a computer monitor for some time. Once I changed my sleeping habits I stopped seeing the litte buggers.

So make an appointment with your optometrist and maybe tac on an extra half hour of sleep at night, see if it does anything for you.

Edited by DecoNoir
  • Like 1