Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

An avid motorcycle rider in the US state of Ohio will be buried with his Harley-Davidson in a transparent casket.

Billy Standley will be embalmed and laid to rest atop a 1977 Electra Glide cruiser in a Plexiglass casket.

An extra-large cemetery plot will be required to fulfil his final wishes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-25987743

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolguy

• toast

• Purplos

• rashore

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh the vanity.

An avid motorcycle rider in the US state of Ohio will be buried with his Harley-Davidson in a transparent casket.

Billy Standley will be embalmed and laid to rest atop a 1977 Electra Glide cruiser in a Plexiglass casket.

An extra-large cemetery plot will be required to fulfil his final wishes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-25987743

At least he didn't ask that his pets be buried with him... what a waste of money.

I just read this story on my Facebook feed. The closest thing I've seen to this is when my buddy 'Fingers' died and they had his Harley right next to his casket inside the funeral home.

I wanna see a pic of him on the bike

*snip*

Here you go.

Edited by Saru
Removed link to graphic content

They better not tell where the plot is or people will dig it up to get their hands on a vintage Harley.

Good thing he didn't ride a horse!

Wouldn't worry too much about random people knowing where he is buried and stealing the bike though- willing to bet the box will be sealed into a vault before the grave is covered. And I have to imagine even if the vault was broken, the box was broken- it would be a serious task to lift the bike out of the grave.

All Harleys should be buried. Even without driver. :yes:

Yeah...why leave that to a relative or sell it off to help pay for funeral arrangements....totally just bury it.

I just saw a pic of it on Facebook...toast do you like Japanese bikes that have no soul or euro trash bikes

I just saw a pic of it on Facebook...toast do you like Japanese bikes that have no soul or euro trash bikes

I own a modified Ducati 1198. This bike has brakes, for example. Harleys dont have brakes, for example.

I ride a Harley Davidson and mine has brakes.

What it DOESNT have is a required valve adjustment schedule, nor the need to adjust a final drive chain.

This isn't a new idea, I saw this floating around on youtube at least a year ago.

If you search it on youtube, you'll find it....several times.