Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Colorado 'Mom' found guilty

Dumpnuts

Palisade mom of two toddlers who died guilty on child abuse charge

GRAND JUNCTION — A 12-person jury found Heather Jensen guilty of child abuse that led to the hyperthermia deaths of her two young sons in 2012, but the same jury found her not guilty of criminally negligent homicide.

The split verdict came after a day and a half of deliberations following an emotional four days of testimony about the events surrounding the deaths of William Jensen, 2, and Tyler Jensen, 4. The boys died of overheating while strapped and locked in their mother's SUV on a cold evening in late November...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_25036005/jury-reaches-verdict-heather-jensen-case-palisade-mom

I wish I can say what I want to say.

• Like 2

I hope she gets the full 32 years and i hope she gets beaten to death in prison, there i said it davros although i do have more to add but probably shouldn't

• Like 1

I remember reading about this when it happened.

This is what happens when we allow anybody to have babies and keep them.

Not everyone is fit mentally to be a parent. And it's only the babies that suffer for it.

And we have the nerve to think of ourselves as 'evolved'.

• Like 1

Awake:...

I can understand your feelings and have felt the same... but the only alternative is to have some government agency decide who can have kids and who can't... Do you really

want ANY government to make that decision?...

• Like 3

It is just tragic when a parent puts their ridiculous needs above the safety and welfare of their own children.

I'm not saying that this woman shouldn't be punished, but I think she had already had the ultimate punishment in this case. She'll have to live with the guilt of doing this to those poor little fellows for the rest of her life.

• Like 1

It is just tragic when a parent puts their ridiculous needs above the safety and welfare of their own children.

I'm not saying that this woman shouldn't be punished, but I think she had already had the ultimate punishment in this case. She'll have to live with the guilt of doing this to those poor little fellows for the rest of her life.

I have an itching suspicion that this woman would not feel the same level of guilt that a normal individual would. I don't think this is a simple case of "poor judgment". This is a woman that chose to take her children along on a sexual rendezvous in a nearby car. That act alone speaks volumes of the individual.
  • Like 2

I have an itching suspicion that this woman would not feel the same level of guilt that a normal individual would. I don't think this is a simple case of "poor judgment". This is a woman that chose to take her children along on a sexual rendezvous in a nearby car. That act alone speaks volumes of the individual.

not only that but to go smoke weed too, how pathetic is that? your kids are dead because you wanted to get baked and have sex.

Awake:...

I can understand your feelings and have felt the same... but the only alternative is to have some government agency decide who can have kids and who can't... Do you really

want ANY government to make that decision?...

Yeah, I hear you.

But ya gotta have a license for everything else.....(marriage, car, fishing, hunting, jobs, etc.)

I remember reading about this when it happened.

This is what happens when we allow anybody to have babies and keep them.

Not everyone is fit mentally to be a parent. And it's only the babies that suffer for it.

And we have the nerve to think of ourselves as 'evolved'.

And who is it that gets to decide who can have a baby and who cannot?

• Like 1

I don't know, you have any ideas?

You have echoed my actual thoughts.Hitler was demonized rightfully so for an otherwise good idea in Eugenics.People with genetic, or mental defects are cheered on to pass on their genes, if one ever watched shows like "Oprah."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

Wether one realizes it or not we are programmed to reproduce, but the same distaste for incestual reproduction is not present for genetic overall unqualities.

I may look like a monster now, but future societies will look at intelligence, and the genetic map as a whole for a more balanced, and healthy populace.

People do not want to look at themselves as animals, and think they are part of a perfect creation.

Edited by davros of skaro
  • Like 1

You have echoed my actual thoughts.Hitler was demonized rightfully so for an otherwise good idea in Eugenics.People with genetic, or mental defects are cheered on to pass on their genes, if one ever watched shows like "Oprah."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

Wether one realizes it or not we are programmed to reproduce, but the same distaste for incestual reproduction is not present for genetic overall unqualities.

I may look like a monster now, but future societies will look at intelligence, and the genetic map as a whole for a more balanced, and healthy populace.

People do not want to look at themselves as animals, and think they are part of a perfect creation.

I see it all the time in my job; people have babies that they don't really want, or they can't afford, then they ignore or abuse the kids (I saw one child perish from heat stroke because mom couldn't be pulled away from her pool party)...and DCS is so overrun with complaints that they can't keep up with them.

So......a lot of kids live in sub-standard conditions, with parents who don't want them or hurt them, and it's okay, because it's their parent's human right to procreate.

I would of gladly submitted to a psychological evaluation and a home visit before I brought my children home. (I know not all people feel that way, before you crucify me for having my opinion)

There is no easy answer. I don't have an answer. All I know is what I have seen, and I think we can do better.

• Like 2

I see it all the time in my job; people have babies that they don't really want, or they can't afford, then they ignore or abuse the kids (I saw one child perish from heat stroke because mom couldn't be pulled away from her pool party)...and DCS is so overrun with complaints that they can't keep up with them.

So......a lot of kids live in sub-standard conditions, with parents who don't want them or hurt them, and it's okay, because it's their parent's human right to procreate.

I would of gladly submitted to a psychological evaluation and a home visit before I brought my children home. (I know not all people feel that way, before you crucify me for having my opinion)

There is no easy answer. I don't have an answer. All I know is what I have seen, and I think we can do better.

Given what you describe as seeing in your job, I suspect I wouldn't want your job.

But when you say "...a lot of kids live in sub-standard conditions, with parents who don't want them or hurt them, and it's okay, because it's their parent's human right to procreate..." I also wonder about women who didn't learn about contraceptives, and women who either don't have an abortion clinic nearby or who get screamed at by pro-life protestors if they try to visit one.

I don't claim to have any more answers than the next person, so I think I'll just have to leave this post here...

• Like 1

Meanwhile, more frequently, men kill their entire families, violently, and it doesn't make this forum. Why do you suppose that is?

• Like 2

Deaths like this are really inexcusable. Don't leave the wee ones alone like that, period. Don't matter if you left them in the car for a dash into the store in the middle of summer, tea with your friend in the fall, questionable deeds in the car next door in winter, or having a round of bingo in the spring. Just don't do it, what is so hard to comprehend about that?

Maybe I'm over protective though. Wasn't till my stepsons were of legal babysitting age that I was willing to leave them in the car alone for longer than a gas stop.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, more frequently, men kill their entire families, violently, and it doesn't make this forum. Why do you suppose that is?

Allow me to link this article, written by an Australian comedian and journalist, Charlie Pickering: http://www.mamamia.com.au/domestic-violence-2/charlie-pickering-chat-priorities/

• Like 1

Granted, the mother was responsible for her own children, but she wasn't the only adult present in this scenario. The guy she was with was knowledgeable of the circumstances and complicit.....

• Like 1

If this woman's priorities were about getting high and having sex then I wonder what the rest of her home life with these kids was like.

I am sure this was no the first time the woman did something like this.

When your mind is on drugs and sex it is no wonder that any manner of critical thinking goes out the window.

• Like 1

Allow me to link this article, written by an Australian comedian and journalist, Charlie Pickering: http://www.mamamia.c...hat-priorities/

The USA just got done with one of the most battered day of the year, the Super Bowl. So many family members are beat on that evening. And the reality is all those super NFL games are fixed and thrown. You shouldn't bet on who can win. You bet on who will throw the game and who makes the most on the spread. Men are so stupid to believe this game is on the up-and-up, so stupid to bet on it, so stupid to invest emotions on it. The game is fixed. And women will suffer battering because the NFL refuses to admit the games are fixed.

Edited by regeneratia