Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
seeder

Dyatlov Pass incident Solved at last?

50 posts in this topic

Were nine hardy skiers who died in the Siberian snow 55 years ago driven MAD by freak wind patterns? Author claims modern weather science has SOLVED the 1959 'Dyatlov Pass' incident

New research into rare weather phenomena has suggested that a 'perfect storm' could have struck the campers in the night, panicking them so much that they would have fled the tent, and fallen victim to the brutal cold before they came to their senses.

Donnie Eichar, who spent five years researching the incident, and undertook the dangerous trek himself, believes that a wind phenomenon called a Karman vortex street could have produced a terrifying, powerful sound which is proven to induce irrational fear in humans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2549761/Were-nine-hardy-skiers-died-Siberian-snow-55-years-ago-driven-MAD-freak-wind-patterns-Author-claims-modern-weather-science-SOLVED-1959-Dyatlov-Pass-incident.html#ixzz2sFYdduEB

4 people like this

It's an interesting idea, that I covered in part in an earlier thread, and begins to look very convincing, though I think it will be difficult to pronounce QED on this as the evidence and culprit is wind, thin air. But this effect combined with a snowslip looks likely to be the real deal, certainly far more realistic, though less interesting, than yeti or UFO.

That was my conclusion to, a freak wind storm.

I used to stay in Karman Vortex Street! I blame my baldness on it.

2 people like this

Picture in one of the cameras showed a mysterious creature about 300 yds away standing by a tree.. The diary of one of the hikers said.. " we know the snoman exists."

Most of the hikers had wounds that could not have been inflicted by humans. The girls tongue was ripped out.. There was blood in her stomach, indicating she swallowed blood after the tongue was removed.

There is an unsolved mystery here.

Picture in one of the cameras showed a mysterious creature about 300 yds away standing by a tree.. The diary of one of the hikers said.. " we know the snoman exists."

Most of the hikers had wounds that could not have been inflicted by humans. The girls tongue was ripped out.. There was blood in her stomach, indicating she swallowed blood after the tongue was removed.

Doubtful.

Doubtful.

Why?

To many questions and doubts of a freak storm, why didn't they stay together to survive?

Pure BS. Link please, or, else, you just making stuff up. I can easily claim: The diary of one of the hikers said.. "we know fairies exist".
2 people like this

Predators had gotten to the bodies. And this is the first I'd heard about any "creature" in a photo, and I've read a fair amount about this case and never heard that mentioned before. I'm guessing it may be an add-on, like how people "enhance" stories that get passed along

How could a storm rip out someones tongue?

Predators. The bodies were there for a time before being found

I still believe it was a big fight in the tent causing the tent to collapse, that made them all separate after wards.

Thats called scavenging animals, or else they fell and bit their own tongue off (yes, that can happen).

Everything that happened there is easily explainable, the only unknown is what scared them from their tents. It wasn't an avalanche. The wind theory IMHO is the best one I have seen yet.

Avalanche AND Wind theory.

You still mucking around with "mystery"?

I can imagine what could exactly had happened.

1. Why these 9 experienced hikers camped in mountain?  They could have camped in forest which was just 600 metres (where the first 2 bodies were found) to survive windstorm. There was something they were afraid of.

2. Tent was cut from inside OK but there were also small holes made which were facing the forest view, looks like they were keeping a watch on something. I think some of the members were keeping watch while others were sleeping. This confirms there was something in that forest.

3. When they finally realized that the thing has come up straight to their tent, 4 members (whose bodies were found in fatal damage in May) made cut in the tent and  then all members jointly escaped and ran for their life in the forest direction, that thing followed them but they didn't looked back.

4. Now the 2 members got separated first and one of them climbed up a tree in fear/investigating where is that thing now and he ultimately fell, since they were shivering in cold, they camped fire.

5. In the meantime, that thing followed 4 people and killed them, i don't think falling in a ditch can give fatal injuries and the ditch was deep enough that any scavenger barely get there and eat only the woman's tongue. Also, the windstorm would have covered their bodies with snow as their bodies were found in summer after snow melted.

6. Remaining members died of cold as they never made back to tent, similar for 2 members who made camp fire but it wasn't enough for them to survive in just underwear and bare foot.

Now, coming to that thing which killed them. It can be Yeti, it can be anything which has power to give injuries similar to a car crash...

On 3/19/2016 at 5:54 PM, Bloodflower said:

Scavengers tend to eat pieces of soft tissue when scavenging, and the tongue is the perfect piece for that. 

1 person likes this

I think it was solve, it was a fight in the tent that cause the tent  to collapse and  them all to running  off in different directions

4 minutes ago, seeder said:

some explanations here....do scroll down them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident#Explanations

That infrasound theory was really grasping at straws. The link between panic reactions and infrasound is really weak. In tests performed only 20% felt mildly anxiety, uneasiness, and nervous feelings. And that was with a constant playing of infrasound over a long period. And none of them did rush out from the test-room with panic, either.

For this being the case in the Dyatlov Pass it would have meant that all nine of the hikers were in that small percentage group that get affected by infrasound. It also means that that Vortex wind he is talking about must have been a very long and steady blow at the exact pitch for them to even build up any anxiety-levels that would suggest their irrational behaviour - rushing out in pitch dark and icy cold weather outside. Also it means that that infrasound would have been that massive that it got them running for 1 kilometres, because the test showed that the uncomfortable feelings from infrasound disappears once you turn it off. On top of that, it doesn't explain the trauma and wounds on their bodies either - in any way.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, EllJay said:

That infrasound theory was really grasping at straws. The link between panic reactions and infrasound is really weak. In tests performed only 20% felt mildly anxiety, uneasiness, and nervous feelings. And that was with a constant playing of infrasound over a long period. And none of them did rush out from the test-room with panic, either.

For this being the case in the Dyatlov Pass it would have meant that all nine of the hikers were in that small percentage group that get affected by infrasound. It also means that that Vortex wind he is talking about must have been a very long and steady blow at the exact pitch for them to even build up any anxiety-levels that would suggest their irrational behaviour - rushing out in pitch dark and icy cold weather outside. Also it means that that infrasound would have been that massive that it got them running for 1 kilometres, because the test showed that the uncomfortable feelings from infrasound disappears once you turn it off. On top of that, it doesn't explain the trauma and wounds on their bodies either - in any way.

Have you read the whole article?

However, major external injuries were found on Dubinina, who was missing her tongue, eyes, part of the lips, as well as facial tissue and a fragment of skullbone;[4] she also had extensive skin maceration on the hands. It was claimed that Dubinina was found lying face down in a small stream that ran under the snow and that her external injuries were in line with putrefaction in a wet environment, and were unlikely to be related to her death.

Edited by seeder

Most people would stay together to survive, not run off in all different directions

6 minutes ago, seeder said:

Have you read the whole article?

However, major external injuries were found on Dubinina, who was missing her tongue, eyes, part of the lips, as well as facial tissue and a fragment of skullbone;[4] she also had extensive skin maceration on the hands. It was claimed that Dubinina was found lying face down in a small stream that ran under the snow and that her external injuries were in line with putrefaction in a wet environment, and were unlikely to be related to her death.

Here is the damages and injures to their bodies. Hardly infrasound.

Three of the ski hikers had fatal injuries: Thibeaux-Brignolles had major skull damage, and both Dubinina and Zolotarev had major chest fractures. According to Dr. Boris Vozrozhdenny, the force required to cause such damage would have been extremely high, comparing it to the force of a car crash. Notably, the bodies had no external wounds related to the bone fractures, as if they had been subjected to a high level of pressure. However, major external injuries were found on Dubinina, who was missing her tongue, eyes, part of the lips, as well as facial tissue and a fragment of skullbone; she also had extensive skin maceration on the hands. It was claimed that Dubinina was found lying face down in a small stream that ran under the snow and that her external injuries were in line with putrefaction in a wet environment, and were unlikely to be related to her death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident#Investigation