Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
UM-Bot

New Felix Baumgartner jump footage released

11 posts in this topic

The breathtaking new video shows a first person view of the jump from space in unprecedented detail.

Austrian skydiver Felix Baumgartner became a household name after his record-breaking jump from a high altitude capsule back in October 2012. After leaping from the platform he plummeted more than 127,000ft to the Earth at speeds of up to 843. 6 miles per hour.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/261808/new-felix-baumgartner-jump-footage-released

2 people like this

Words are not enough to describe what this guy did, he without any doubt has the biggest balls on the planet and off it.

1 person likes this

It's already been more than a year since he did it?!

1 person likes this

Darth Vader at 1:40?

1 person likes this

This still amazes me every time I watch it. I think that Travis Pastrana would have done this sans suit ,mask and with no clothes on, the dude is NUTS.

Respect.

That was one heck of a jump.

1 person likes this

That's awesome. Did you notice that the atmosphere was so thing that at the beginning his suit didn't even ripple as he fell? That's why he started the violent spin.

While I realise Baumgartner is Austrian, his effort in breaking the speed of sound merely by falling seems pretty Australian to me. Americans and everyone else can reach those sorts of speeds with rockets and Concord and stuff, but I think it was particularly Australian to achieve it purely by undoing his seat belt and stepping out of his vehicle.

Should've been sponsored by Boags rather than Red Bull: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8w8ye46D6w&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DM8w8ye46D6w&has_verified=1

So tehnically everyone can travel in space using a ballon?

In the same time it seems the descending was without frictioning forces and heat?

So tehnically everyone can travel in space using a ballon?

In the same time it seems the descending was without frictioning forces and heat?

Wasn't travelling fast enough to generate the friction seen with meteors, which travel anywhere from 25,000 to 160,000mph (and sometimes faster). Also, 19 miles is hardly considered "space", especially when turbine jets are still operable at that altitude. For reference, NASA awards astronaut status to those who have traveled at an altitude of 50 miles, while the ISS orbits at around 220 miles from Earth's surface. Even that is considered low Earth orbit.

1 person likes this