Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell buried by tumbleweed invasion

UM-Bot

Residents of the New Mexico town have found their homes buried underneath mountains of dried up plants.

Well known for being the site of the world's most infamous UFO incident, Roswell has lately been subjected to an invasion of a different kind - thanks to a recent spate of high winds the town has been slowly disappearing underneath huge quantities of tumbleweed.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...leweed-invasion

• Like 1

Well, at least it's lighter than trying to move snow that deep, lol. I wonder what they do with them once they are removed?

• Like 2

I can remember in Arizona that if you left the garage door open you were at times likely to end up with a garage full of tumbleweed.

• Like 4

I can remember in Arizona that if you left the garage door open you were at times likely to end up with a garage full of tumbleweed.

shhh, this is suppose to be a really special occation, aliens, Roswell and all that, the last thing these people want to hear is "it is not aliens getting ready for a softer landing this time round"

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone wants to land in tumbleweed. It's rough, dry and prickly. Of course, it could be some kind of very special tumbleweed that only grows in New Mexico around the Roswell area that is custom-made for aliens to land on.

Seriously though... What do they do with all the tumbleweed? I would have to imagine you can't just openly burn the stuff, that would be a super hazard.

Seriously though... What do they do with all the tumbleweed? I would have to imagine you can't just openly burn the stuff, that would be a super hazard.

Eat them! lol

http://voices.yahoo.com/tumbleweed-edible-wild-food-2993525.html?cat=57

• Like 3

The big question is... Why do these weeds stop tumbling when they get to this particular town?

I smell an alien plot.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

The reverse of this idea.

rocknroll-image02_br.jpg

But the balls all over the ground first? Dumb aliens.

Think about it as something marvelous. When the time comes to die, detach yourself and fly with the wind spreading your seeds.

• Like 1

i put one on my head once at work so i could look like jimmy hendrix.. my buddy laughed till he cried

post-86645-0-27826300-1392122520_thumb.j ohhhhh but... are you eXperienced?

• Like 1