Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
HPunk

Unexplained scratches (yep, another one!)

28 posts in this topic

Forgive me, as I am new here. This seems like something that should be examined by a doctor, but alas, even my doctor doesn't know. I've seen other similar posts here and thought I'd pitch in my two cents.

Over the past few months I have developed random scratch-like marks on my body. They seem to appear out of nowhere, with no required stimuli. For example, I will be sitting at the computer all day in a short sleeved shirt, and they just pop up on my arms out of nowhere. I literally watch as they appear.

I suppose they can appear anywhere on me, but prominently they've been on my shoulders, arms and belly.

They do not itch or hurt; there's no kind of forewarning that I'm going to get them. They just appear. They are also raised slightly. They go away after a few hours.

I've also noticed whenever they appear I feel kind of groggy and tired.

I've been accused of scratching myself. Well, that theory doesn't work for two reasons: 1) 90% of the time, I do not have nails and 2) I've tried scratching myself to reproduce the same results and it doesn't look the same. Also, if I had that bad of an itch I think I'd remember scratching it that violently.

I do not believe I have Lymes, an autoimmune condition or any other kind of skin condition that could cause this. I've never had problems like this before. Also, they're not stretch marks, because I am a pretty thin person with little to no fat over my bones!

I've tried Zyrtec and Benadryl, and neither worked.

I've been documenting my journey here (http://vulpes-roots.tumblr.com/tagged/mystery-rash).

As you can see, some are short, and some are very long. Some are in a kind of cluster, some are parallel, and some "originate" from a certain point.

Now, some further research has shown me that many people are facing the same exact problem:

-A simple "unexplained scratches" in Google Images will show you the same results I have

-http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Unexplained-scratches-appearing-on-body/show/739845?page=1 has MANY people with the same problem

But there are no solid answers as to why this happens. Some even go as far as saying it is a paranormal event. I'm neither here nor there when it comes to the paranormal. I used to be big on New Age things, but when I started questioning my faith most of the paranormal stuff went out the door with it.

Others say it's a conspiracy theory, something to do with hybrids and cloning.

This interests me. Could I really have a demon following me around?! What am I supposed to do?

As a side note I'm also very into taxidermy. I won't rule out that maybe an animal on the other side is mad at me, haha.

Any thoughts?

Edited by HPunk

Yep. Speak to a different doctor about it or ask your present doctor to refer you to a dermatologist and psychologist. No offence.

1 person likes this

that's weird,hmmm I really don't have any advice for you

They look like a single human nail scratch to me. And rather mild scratches, imo. Or as far as I can tell from the pics and you said they don't hurt or itch.

How do you notice them? As in, how do you notice that they "just appeared" right when you notice them and not before?

My husband has short nails too, but they can still have sharp or rough edges, especially after cutting them.

All I can offer, otherwise, no idea either.

They look like a single human nail scratch to me. And rather mild scratches, imo. Or as far as I can tell from the pics and you said they don't hurt or itch.

How do you notice them? As in, how do you notice that they "just appeared" right when you notice them and not before?

My husband has short nails too, but they can still have sharp or rough edges, especially after cutting them.

All I can offer, otherwise, no idea either.

I don't want to sound like I'm mad at you for being skeptical, but I'm telling you I'm not causing these. :/ I can't reproduce the same results on my own. When I scratch myself consciously (or not) it leaves a thick pink mark that goes away in a few minutes. These aren't the same width, they're red, and they last for hours. I'm not an itchy person lol.

As for noticing them, I mentioned there is no way for me to tell when they're coming. I seriously just notice them because they happen to be there. It's not like there's any signs from my body that scream "Hey, you're about to get the scratch marks again!" My most recent picture was taken today. I was on the computer for most of the day and when I looked over I had 3 lines on my wrist. That's it. They just apparently developed as I was sitting there. As for other pictures I noticed the streaks as I was about to hop in the shower and got a picture.

But thanks for your ideas :P

Edited by HPunk

I am not saying this is the cause, but "Hives" popped in my Head while skimming your post?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria

I would not be surprised if the submind can effect the Skin also?

2 people like this

I have one question to ask you. What was the first thing that ran through you mind when you saw you had been scratched the first time? The very first thing that ran throught your mind?

Could be random allergic reactions to some as yet unknown external factor. It is strange that you feel groggy when it happens. Are you on any medications? (You do not have to answer if you don't want to).

Also, when I used to use chainsaws a lot I got wood chippings in and on all of my cloths. These would get washed in the family wash and some small bits of wood 'would' get into to other clothes fibers including things like pajamas and stuff. So other people complained that their clothes were 'spiky' or 'itchy'. Could your clothes be getting contaminated by other peoples stuff?

I would echo bulveye in saying it is probably environmental. I have done a fair bit of butchery over the years and bone chips and even dust can cause all sorta irritations even after clothes have been washed. Mites are another possibility. If you have pets it is easy to not notice your being scratched when it is in such a minor way. Not to mention that mites that cause scabies and other such problems can be passed by animals.

As a sufferer of chronic allergies i'm leaning towards a small allergic reaction also.

Mites, dust, some specific pollen, a random type of material in your shirts, the plastic in keyboards.

You said that you're 'into' taxidermy, but what do you do for a living, as in, spend your most time doing?

You said that you're 'into' taxidermy,

I overlooked that, think of the critters on the animals, or the chemicals he'd be around.

that's almost surely got to be the issue, right?

the very fact that you get so many hits when you google it should reassure you that it's nothing to get alarmed about. i seriously doubt it's a demon or an abduction issue.

they don't hurt they don't bleed or spread or cause you any discomfort. so what's the point in obsessing over them?

1 person likes this

Hi, you say its slightly raised and you get feel groggy and tired when you get them. It sounds like something called Dermatographia to me (also known as skin writing disease), a very mild case of it. I have that at times and mine comes and goes.. it can be triggered off more by stress or warmth eg after a shower so one can mark at some times more then other times. At times just clothes touching my skin lightly have left marks (I currently thou havent had an incident of it for a while thou at one point thou the lightest touch could write on my skin like the photo at wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatographic_urticaria ).

This issue is I think usualy to do with some kind of mast cell disorder. When I get marks due to that, they can last several hours. This issue isnt something to be concerned about. Why I also think it may be this as the extra histamine released when that occurs can cause someone to feel slightly groggy and tired.

Posted (edited)

You are not alone. I had the exact same thing and it only happened when I woke up from sleep. Skeptics will try to explain it as self-inflicted, or you bumped into something in the night. Total nonsense. I'm not an idiot and don't take to fairy tales, but these marks on my left arm are specific and deep enough like a cat scratch but not deep enough to warrant a hospital. It also looks like a very specific pattern, almost like an upside down fork for lack of a better description. It's very wierd. I have had these before in a different pattern and several months ago. I realize that there are things unexplained in our universe but I'd like to figure this out. I don't buy dermatology or "normal" explanations, if you saw this, what looks like an ancient egyptian symbol, you wouldn't be so eager to write it off. It's very specific, not a random scratch, in a pattern. I wish I had someone familar with symbols to examine it.

Edited by vcarbo100870

Posted (edited)

Greetings HPunk,

These random unexplained scratches probably don't belong to you and they haven't been created by them. I'll share a short story that might explain this so you can come to your own conclusions.

Several years ago, I was taking part in a weekend workshop and the first day went by ok, however, the second day the instructor asked if we didn’t mind if she sat down for the duration of the class, she went on to explain that sometime between the yesterday class and this morning, her ankles swelled up and made it very uncomfortable to stand for any period of time. When she lifted the legs of her pants to show us what had happened, it appeared as though she had been wearing shackles. Completely around on both legs, about 2 to 3 inches high, the skin was totally raw, as though the skin had been worn away.

I asked if she didn’t mind, after the class was over I’d like to do some Reiki and see if that would help. She welcomed the assistance, I was aware that more than Reiki would be required, I suggested we look a little deeper, as to the cause.

It became evident shortly into the session that an entity had joined her and the ankle condition belonged to the entity. Apparently the entity was making their presence known/felt as it was aware that I could assist. I called two days later to see how the instructor was doing, fine was the response, the ankle condition disappeared.

Everything happens for a reason and in your situation, someone might be trying to get your attention; them seeking help. When we are tired or we run ourselves down physically, mentally and emotionally, we lower our bodies energy field (aura) and entities have an easier time to attempt to influence us. We can also make ourselves susceptable to outside influences through recreational drug use and that includes alcohol. Keeping ourselves in a positive frame of mind and healthy can assist us to resist those outside influences.

Edited by Geminiwizard
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for not thinking I'm crazy. I know the difference between a mere scratch and the very specific markings on my arm. It looks like an upside down pitch fork for lack of a better description. It's on my left arm near the top. It's a scratch deep enough to sting but not deep enough for a hospital but it's definitely visible. I have a picture of it. Let me know if you have an email where I can send it. This is not the first time I had this. I had it a few months ago before I moved here. Perhaps the presence has already entered me and came with me when I moved to my new apt. I have only been here a month .

Edited by vcarbo100870

Greetings vcarbo100870,

The crazy part would in ignoring the situation altogether. Enlightenment is being able to view our experiences from an informed position so that we can come to our own conclusions. The presence doesn't need to enter you as it can stay around you (within your aura.) If it wanted to, it can follow this posting that I'm writing (at this moment) because there is an energy link that is created through these responses. I've received a psychic attack from an entity that didn't like what I had to say to a lady (about protection) and because the lady was upset because I told her the truth and she wouldn't accept what I had to say. The entity show up at my place that very evening, making his demands.

There are things that you can do to help you strengthen your energy field and also help this energy (entity) to cross-over. I have a animated visual meditation on our website that illustrates how to strengthen your aura: www.awakeningtime.com Try it out and see if it suits your needs. I also have a script that you can follow to help those souls that may require help to cross-over. PM me and give me your email, and I send it off to you... If anyone else is interested I'll either send them a copy also or if the moderators here will allow it, I'll post it here (on this site) as I'm not sure where the best place would be.

1 person likes this

HPunk and Vcarbo, I wanted to ask you a few questions: Are the scratches always around the same area or different everytime? How long and often does it happen? If it's not a physical condition, I would contact a spiritual leader to determine what type of entity (if any) are trying to get your attention. Not all demons are evil and not all ghosts are good; according to what I've researched over the years. Also do you notice or do your friends/family notice a behavioral change? appetite change? change in how you speak, gaining knowledge you don't remember learning? A lot of demons can be religious so depending on the entity, you would have to seek out a spiritual expert that follows or has knowledge in that particular religion....if this is indeed what you believe it to be. Only you can really determine that. Good luck!

Posted (edited)

I too have the exact same situation. ( you should see my neck ) today I did a search on line for unexplained scratches this is going on all over the place. Since april I have had 3 different holy people try to help me. ( would have never known of it's existence until scratches ) no luck. it has gone as far to try to block phone calls. ( also switches words when i type so i anyone reading this thinks I am an idiot )

you are not crazy. A priest blessed my home this past week. I sent him an e-mail that I need more then a house blessing & he has not responded ( yet )

Have you noticed your electronics breaking down? things like that? First priest I contacted acted like I was crazy & I am almost 60 years old ( don't let that stop you from contacting other priest ) there are others that will help. Make sure you take photos. Without photos no one will listen to you. There are psalms to help with evil spirits. try that in the meantime. 90 - 91 - 30 for protection ) against evil 40 - 53 - - 59 - & to over power 29 ( 29 ten times ) here are some links: https://www.google.c...sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Edited by Unexplained Scratches

I too have the exact same situation. ( you should see my neck ) today I did a search on line for unexplained scratches this is going on all over the place. Since april I have had 3 different holy people try to help me. ( would have never known of it's existence until scratches ) no luck. it has gone as far to try to block phone calls. ( also switches words when i type so i anyone reading this thinks I am an idiot )

you are not crazy. A priest blessed my home this past week. I sent him an e-mail that I need more then a house blessing & he has not responded ( yet )

Have you noticed your electronics breaking down? things like that? First priest I contacted acted like I was crazy & I am almost 60 years old ( don't let that stop you from contacting other priest ) there are others that will help. Make sure you take photos. Without photos no one will listen to you. There are psalms to help with evil spirits. try that in the meantime. 90 - 91 - 30 for protection ) against evil 40 - 53 - - 59 - & to over power 29 ( 29 ten times ) here are some links: https://www.google.c...sm=122&ie=UTF-8

You've joking you got a priest round to your house because of marks on your body?It's the 21st century why not try a doctor? I hope he didn't charge you for it!

1 person likes this

There are psalms to help with evil spirits. try that in the meantime. 90 - 91 - 30 for protection

Hi US,

do psalms 90-91-30 also protect the windshield of my Ducati from insect impacts?

Thank you!

1 person likes this

Could be random allergic reactions to some as yet unknown external factor. It is strange that you feel groggy when it happens. Are you on any medications? (You do not have to answer if you don't want to).

Also, when I used to use chainsaws a lot I got wood chippings in and on all of my cloths. These would get washed in the family wash and some small bits of wood 'would' get into to other clothes fibers including things like pajamas and stuff. So other people complained that their clothes were 'spiky' or 'itchy'. Could your clothes be getting contaminated by other peoples stuff?

Would wood :)

You've joking you got a priest round to your house because of marks on your body?It's the 21st century why not try a doctor? I hope he didn't charge you for it!

i wonder...

What's the going rate to have a holy man inspect run of the mill skin irritation? What like fifty cents a scratch?

I've woke up with scratches on my chest and neck before and like you I have no nails as I like to keep them short for playing my guitar. Mines were red and raised and a few of the scratches were bleeding a tiny bit.

I'm not saying that it's paranormal but it was certainly strange.