Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Golden Orb seen outside Space Station

seeder

Well its a good headline but Im not convinced, as usual. Solar panels? Reflected light? lens flare? You decide

Golden Orb Hovers Near Space Station

YT blurb says

Published on Jan 6, 2014

Was watching the live ISS cam and saw this gold orb materialise out of nowhere and then it began to take a solid appearance. As the solar panel moved from behind it...nasa went to blue screen...apparently they noticed the orb.

and some more story

http://nationalufocenter.com/2014/01/filers-files-3-2014-iss-spots-ufos/

SOLVED!!

vv52cd1a00.JPG

• Like 8

I think it's light refraction on the camera lens, as the solar panels crosshatched background moved 'behind' the light refraction, the crosshatching gives it the appearance of a solid object. Just a guess.

• Like 2

have we agreed then on a reflection of some sort?

bn52cd0126.JPG

have we agreed then on a reflection of some sort?

Sorry, missed this one... Yes. I'm pretty sure this is not a ufo, but in fact either a refraction/reflection (the dreaded but often true 'lens flare') or something that is between the camera and its view - ie something on or in front of the viewport. I am currently doing a timelapse analysis and hope to be back in a while (could be minutes, could be days!) with a little annotated animation showing why I am strongly of that opinion..

Hey, Seeder, were there another two requiring image analysis? I've spotted the one that was supposedly the spaceborne Olympic torch and I'll look at that one after this.. but I had the feeling there was another where you or someone requested my input...? danged if I can find it though.

Been a little busy lately...

Here, first, is a low quality animation showing the *position* of the orb in frame. Note that it only moves a very short distance, and also note how the rate seems to be 'linked' to the movement of the Sun relative to the space station and camera..

gallery_95887_22_351147.gif(note - that ISN'T a Youtube video, so clickin' won't do much..)

I will post some higher quality imagery and enlargements later on, along with what I think is happening (which isn't alien visitation). Right now I have other fish to fry, be back a bit later to continue..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 1

Hey, Seeder, were there another two requiring image analysis?

Not entirely sure myself TBH, was it the mars pics thread?

Thanks mate - maybe it is... I'll have another browse.. The one I'm thinking of wasn't an ISS image, iirc, either a Mars thing or another ufo..

On this one, don't have time just now to expand much, but I would also draw any interested reader's attention to the shadow of the manipulator arm that passes across the solar panels as they move, right near the 'orb'. Note how at one point (near the end of the animation, the shadow aligns with the orb and *appears* to give it a 3d appearance - THAT is the only time that it appears even vaguely round!!! It is simply a chance alignment that has been cherry picked and magnified (using poor technique) to get the 'orb'-like look. Be back later to expand..

Cheers to Chrlzs, another ufo/story put to bed :tu:

Thanks mate - maybe it is... I'll have another browse.. The one I'm thinking of wasn't an ISS image, iirc, either a Mars thing or another ufo..

This by any chance?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=261867&st=0

Dat's it - well done..!! I'll leave this one for now, and take a closer look over there, then get back to the yellow ISS/Vostok ufo one....

• Like 1