Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Two new strange recent mars pics

qxcontinuum

One is very intriguing. There are some sort of thin vermicular features coming off the first set of rocks. In centre there are at least two clearly not embedded in the base rock.

0529MR2092009000E2_DXXX.jpg

Second .What are those rocks aligned ? Looks like a kid was playing aligning them

0533MR2111007000E1_DXXX.jpg

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

I have no idea. What I can say though, we are looking at an alien planet. That's pretty damn cool. That second photo almost reminds me of how the high tide mark on a beach, though obviously it's not because they are rocks. Sill looks pretty funky. Strange to see something so uniform on an apparently dead planet.

Edited by krypter3
  • Like 1

I'm going to hazard a guess that in both photos we are seeing mineral veins exposed by erosion of the substrate

Edited by keithisco
  • Like 4

I'm going to hazard a guess that in both photos we are seeing mineral veins exposed by erosion of the substrate

Or, I think I can see a semicircle in the second pic. Might be the rim of a very old crater too.

• Like 2

I have no idea. What I can say though, we are looking at an alien planet. That's pretty damn cool. That second photo almost reminds me of how the high tide mark on a beach, though obviously it's not because they are rocks. Sill looks pretty funky. Strange to see something so uniform on an apparently dead planet.

The bolded says all we really need to know here. Well said.

The amount of light that reaches Mars I find amazes me, They have some nice bright days there.

• Like 2

Well Mars pics can have some odd looking stuff in them for sure, did you see this one yet?

mars_car.jpg

mars.jpg

:lol:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 8

Well, in the first one, if I'm loking at what I'm supposed to be looking at, I suppose it could be like how you get seams of quartz or something like that in the rock. You find that a lot. (on Earth, anyway, and I you might on Mars as well I suppose.)

Well, in the first one, if I'm loking at what I'm supposed to be looking at, I suppose it could be like how you get seams of quartz or something like that in the rock. You find that a lot. (on Earth, anyway, and I you might on Mars as well I suppose.)

these "things" are not just embedded in the rock. Some are actually coming out.

Here are some highlights (yellow color)

And LOL while circling the features i saw something that looks like a phallus... likely rock was shaped by the wind... but funny enough i highlighted in red :-)

ScreenShot2014-02-06at80101AM_zps157f9136.png

I dont see a thing in the yellow circles, and the one in red appears to me - to be a depression/crack, rather than anything sticking out

• Like 1

Have you clicked on the pic enlarging it?

Edited by qxcontinuum

Have you clicked on the pic enlarging it?

You want me to enlarge a...phallus? Sorry -but I get my kicks from the female form :lol:

• Like 3

these "things" are not just embedded in the rock. Some are actually coming out.

No they're not "coming out". They're parts of the rock highlighted by the sun. The 'phallus' is just a small ridge on the rock with the part facing us in shadow, as per the main part of the rock facing us is in shadow. The things you highlighted in yellow are just parts of a near vertical rock face jutting out slightly and highlighted by the sun (which appears be high in the sky judging by the shadows in the pic)

You really have no clue how to interpret a picture like this, do you? Your imagination sees something and you immediately jump to wild conclusions. Remember the previous pics where you interpreted a crater cluster as a bunch of round domed objects and the pit on Mars you interpreted as a raised feature?

Why is this in the ET and UFO forum? Are you suggesting that some rock feature on Mars has something to do with aliens?

• Like 3

2nd pic reminds me of a line of ants carrying

No they're not "coming out". They're parts of the rock highlighted by the sun. The 'phallus' is just a small ridge on the rock with the part facing us in shadow, as per the main part of the rock facing us is in shadow. The things you highlighted in yellow are just parts of a near vertical rock face jutting out slightly and highlighted by the sun (which appears be high in the sky judging by the shadows in the pic)

You really have no clue how to interpret a picture like this, do you? Your imagination sees something and you immediately jump to wild conclusions. Remember the previous pics where you interpreted a crater cluster as a bunch of round domed objects and the pit on Mars you interpreted as a raised feature?

Why is this in the ET and UFO forum? Are you suggesting that some rock feature on Mars has something to do with aliens?

I don't even think it needed an explanation.

• Like 2

I don't even think it needed an explanation.

qxcontinuum isn't like us normal people who look at a rock and see it as a rock.

He sees squirrels and objects that have rolled across the Martian surface where the rest of us see rocks and craters.

• Like 3

qxcontinuum isn't like us normal people who look at a rock and see it as a rock.

He sees squirrels and objects that have rolled across the Martian surface where the rest of us see rocks and craters.

It is gettng tiresome as there is nothing out of the ordinary in either photo except that the photos were taken by a rover from earth and I agree it should not be in this forum.

• Like 4

Because there might be some sort of vermiculite live creature. There you go I said it! Can you prove me wrong without analyzing them or take closer pics? ... no you can't!

There could be alien life forms unseen on Earth on an alien planet can you believe it ? There might be aliens on Mars...wow! I understand this concept is "hard to accept' for someone leaving from the premises that Mars is just a dead Planet Earth like.

What do you think I could say? I won't expect to see Magnolia Trees or Shitake Mushrooms for sure!

Edited by qxcontinuum

Because there might be some sort of vermiculite live creature. There you go I said it! Can you prove me wrong without analyzing them or take closer pics? ... no you can't!

There could be alien life forms unseen on Earth on an alien planet can you believe it ? There might be aliens on Mars...wow! I understand this concept is "hard to accept' for someone leaving from the premises that Mars is just a dead Planet Earth like.

What do you think I could say? I won't expect to see Magnolia Trees or Shitake Mushrooms for sure!

In what way are you qualified to make that assertion?

Because there might be some sort of vermiculite live creature. There you go I said it!

A tiny ridge on a Mars rock highlighted by sunlight is "some sort of vermiculite live creature"? You indeed said it. And it's patent nonsense. Do you even believe it?

May I remind you of your claims about a sunburst pattern on Mars drawn by aliens to communicate with humans that turned out to be marks in the Martian surface caused by a lander's airbag hitting the surface?

Or the rounded dome shaped objects you claimed had rolled across the Martian surface and which are obviously merely a cluster of impact craters?

Or the raised surface feature that you touted in a thread that upon the most simple of examination turned out to be an obvious sunken feature, something like a collapsed lava tube?

Or that a rock on Mars might actually be a rat or squirrel brought there by NASA to see if earth mammals could survive on Mars?

You have a history of posting blatant and ridicilous BS ideas about Martian photos on these forums, only to be easily disproven by the most amateur and obvious of basic analysis.

Can you prove me wrong without analyzing them or take closer pics? ... no you can't!
What's to disprove? You have a photo which you claim that a small ridge of rock lit by the sun is a "vermiculite live creature". It's obvious to every single person looking at the photo that it is not a worm on Mars (calling a worm a "vermiculite live creature" doesn't make you sound intelligent BTW).
There's nothing hard about the concept of Martian life for me or anyone else to accept. It's just that your posted evidence is pathetic and laughable.

Tiny ridges on Martian rocks lit up by an overhead sun are no more evidence of alien life forms than your previous crater cluster was evidence of anything other than your inability to see the obvious in a photograph of something on the surface of another planet.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

Silicone life forms now?

Mars is a fossil.

How long was Mars ‘alive’?

There’s one big problem with accepting even the possibility of fossils in Martian rocks: The most recent models of the geologic evolution of Mars don’t allow anywhere near the time spans for life that were needed on Earth to produce recognizable fossils. Here on Earth, there was a more than 2 billion year gap between the first single-cell life and the development of organisms big and hard enough to leave recognizable traces.

LINK

You know the moon has water too right?

May I remind you of your claims...

Or that a rock on Mars might actually be a rat or squirrel brought there by NASA to see if earth mammals could survive on Mars?

Dude ... can you stop being superficial for once and make sure you understand someone before making false assumptions!

those are all not my claims, can you understand that? They are all pictures and snapshots published all across the internet in thousent of websites. There are thousent of people that have stomped across the very same claims.

Here is the rat;

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rat+on+mars

http://www.foxnews.c...curiosity-rover

http://www.huffingto..._n_3354155.html

http://planetsave.co...at-in-new-image

http://blogs.discove...s/#.UvRT6fYtLs4

http://www.space.com...over-drive.html

http://news.discover...rats-130529.htm

http://www.huffingto..._n_3395623.html

http://www.openminds...mars-1031/21821

http://news.msn.com/...photo-from-mars

http://guardianlv.co...nd-life-on-mars

http://www.geekosyst...m/mars-rat-rock

http://articles.lati...n-moon-20130603

[media=]

[/media]

You want more, how many links? 50 -100 more?

Same for all my previous claims... they are not genuinely mine ? capische Now?

Edited by qxcontinuum

Dude ... can you stop being superficial for once and make sure you understand someone before making false assumptions!

those are all not my claims, can you understand that? They are all pictures and snapshots published all across the internet in thousent of websites. There are thousent of people that have stomped across the very same claims.

Here is the rat;

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rat+on+mars

If 1,000 people make claims about a rock on Mars being a rat or a squirrel or a birdman (oh please ask about that) or a snail or a whatever you're having yourself, it doesn't make it a more or less valid claim. I have assumed nothing, merely pointed out the inanity of your claims about Mars.

Do you really think that the amount of links a Google search generates is evidence of validity?

A Google search for the following exact phrases that are dumb but regularly claimed to be true I randomly thought of and the amount of results:

"Elvis is still alive" : 478,000 results

"The queen is a reptile" : 38,500 results

"The moon landings were faked" : 805,000 results

I could go on, but my point is valid. Should I claim to be right about any of those claims merely because 10s of thousands of twits on the Internet have made the same claim?

"Lots of people have the same opinion as me about a Martian rover photo of this rock, therefore I'm right" is the basic argument you're putting forward and it fails Logic 101.

Your claims should be defendable in themselves and not merely because they are popular claims.

Edited by JesseCuster

If 1,000 people make claims about a rock on Mars being a rat or a squirrel or a birdman (oh please ask about that) or a snail or a whatever you're having yourself, it doesn't make it a more or less valid claim. I have assumed nothing, merely pointed out the inanity of your claims about Mars.

Do you really think that the amount of links a Google search generates is evidence of validity?

A Google search for the following exact phrases that are dumb but regularly claimed to be true I randomly thought of and the amount of results:

"Elvis is still alive" : 478,000 results

"The queen is a reptile" : 38,500 results

"The moon landings were faked" : 805,000 results

I could go on, but my point is valid. Should I claim to be right about any of those claims merely because 10s of thousands of twits on the Internet have made the same claim?

"Lots of people have the same opinion as me therefore I'm right" is the basic argument you're putting forward and it fails Logic 101.

Your claims should be defendable in themselves and not merely because they are popular claims.

may I interject? i am sorry to say that you forgot to mention one thing that is vital for your counter arguement, of those tens of thousands it is most like 75% of those claims are mere duplicates of each other. I have been to sites and forums where people would cut and paste the same article over and over like spam. There are sites that take the same articles, alter it slightly so they won't look like they ripped the article or spam and post it as their own. So with this data,qxc, it isn't 10 of thousands of different people who had discovered these "space animals" on their own but realisticaly a mere hand ful of peoplee who are just linking and forwarding and spamming around the internet. Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Same for all my previous claims... they are not genuinely mine ?

First up, may I point out that the opening post wasn't so bad - at least you were apparently willing to discuss the possible origins of the things you saw. (Although I have to ask, have you never explored natural parks, geological formations, areas of beach and limestone? Maybe this sort of stuff is just common in all the regions where I have lived, or maybe I just get out more....)

But as for the rest of that junk - how's about not wasting our time on this tripe? BEFORE bringing 100's more ridiculous posts about squirrels/rats/lizards, why not try applying a bit of common sense and credulity and NOT bring such silly rubbish to this forum.

Just because *you* think it is either interesting or funny, doesn't mean others are equally easily amused. Have a look at the responses you are getting and maybe take a hint.

Do you capische Now?

• Like 2