Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow Man with a top hat

Moppy1991

the leader lifted his head when she asked what they wanted and lifted its head and opened its mouth nothing came out except an ooze like a darkness came from the eyes

She is kinda freaked out by it she got chased from a bus station last night in her dream and she called me freakin out... so any help would be appreciated if you can find anything out. I will continue to do some research..

I wish I could remember where I read it, but there are others that have experienced this.

Thats kinda what i thought but all the stories are different

and just have a hard time establishing a connection between the stories and the spirit antagonizing my girlfriend in her dreams, and in wake.

I think most of the reasons that people are seeing the Hat Man have more to do with pop culture and internet memes than anything else, but there are way older belief systems that could account for this lore. Check out Vodou and Baron Samedi.

I'm not discounting that people could be actually experiencing this because my partner and I have had several experiences with shadow beings. None of them were wearing a hat, though.

I think people who encounter these types of entities tend to project their own fears and beliefs onto them. If you stop fearing the Hat Man and viewing him as evil, he might quit acting that way. You might actually try leaving offerings of tobacco and rum.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Sounds like Baron Samedi to me.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Baron_Samedi

bs1.jpg

Ugh...somebody got there first. Ah well. Great image. My partner has actually been Baron Samedi for Halloween. Big fun. Edited by ChaosRose

There is just so much information out there and trying to pin point the coulprit is one serious task...

I think most of the reasons that people are seeing the Hat Man have more to do with pop culture and internet memes than anything else, but there are way older belief systems that could account for this lore. Check out Vodou and Baron Samedi.

I'm not discounting that people could be actually experiencing this because my partner and I have had several experiences with shadow beings. None of them were wearing a hat, though.

I think people who encounter these types of entities tend to project their own fears and beliefs onto them. If you stop fearing the Hat Man and viewing him as evil, he might quit acting that way. You might actually try leaving offerings of tobacco and rum.

• 2 years later...
On 2/6/2014 at 10:24 PM, Moppy1991 said:

hey here

just looking for so some info about the top hat man iv seen him more times than I can count iv been have nightmares about him form when I was 12 im now 22

in my dreams he a tall man in a black suit and a top hat his skin is gray and so is his face eyes are red piecing colour with blood coming and his face from his eyes he has one of them gold glass thing you put over on eyes and a walking stick

iv dreamed about Shadow Man with a top hat for years and they all of the dreams are like being in a horror movie I been staped, bashed, torture ect

it get that bad that if I get hit my him in my dreams I wake up with the same marks on my body when I get up in the morning my dreams chage time to time but I see him all the time in my dreams

I strated to fight back in them and they when away for a few years but now they have come back and they are so bad that my boyfriend says I jump in my sleep and sit up and other stuff it like he obsessed with me and he always say am his and I can run and flight but he will always come back to me I have no fear of the Shadow Man with a top hat because if I run it worse but I have wakening up with hand paints on my body around my neck my arms and legs I draw a pic of his face when I was in high school in my art class and showed my mum and dad they told me to fight back so I did and the dreams now here back and worse then ever

I will never show fear to him no matter what plz help I hope I can get rib of him for good

He is real alright. He's a demon . one night I was just relaxing in my bed room I lit a candle and fell asleep reading a book.  I don't remember falling asleep just closing my eyes and I looked around my room everything was in place, candle still on book on my chest and then , out of nowhere . This black shadow with a top hat right on top of my chest pushing pressure on my chest.  I couldn't move speak, or shake this thing but I was able to close my eyes and in my mind say the lords prayer. When I felt the weight lift off I opened my eyes and I never say it again. I thought I was going crazing. I was not aware their was others that experienced the same. I'm not alone.Their are people out there that are full of stupid comments because it's never happened to them. But I believe you all. And I'm looking to cross paths again with this shadow hatter.

On 7.2.2014 at 6:38 AM, Eldorado said:

Ask him for a dance then flirt with him. He'll freak out cos he's crap at dancing and flirting. Then knock his top hat off.

IMO actually really solid advice, turn the nightmare into comedy. Not saying that would be easy though, you'd have to go lucid for that, but since OP said they've fought the shadow man, I guess it should be possible.

As for the shadow man itself, reminds me of Babadook

Edited by uuner
  • Like 1