Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Premonitions?

SidandMe

Hi, I'm new but have been following this site for a few weeks now.

I was wondering people's thoughts on premonitions, if you have had any yourself and what people think can explain them?

There are often times I have a dream or a feeling that something is going to happen and then it does.

It can be feeling that a certain person is about to text, or I will receive a text or email and know who it is from before I have read it, even though I have not spoken to that person for any length of time nor am expecting to hear off them.

I think the main one was when I predicted my own accident.

I had a horse and regularly rode. There was no reason to suspect anything would happen as all was going really well (although clearly it is a dangerous sport).

The night before I was due to have a lesson, I ha a dream. In my dream I had a broken leg and was distraught as I wasn't able to walk my dogs, which upset me more than having a broken leg. In my dream I didn't know how I broke my leg, all I remember is it being broken and in a cast.

The next day I had literally just mounted when my horse bucked and I got thrown off, and broke my leg!

I have no idea if you could call this a premonition or whatever. But I do find it interesting.

I also get 'premonitions' about things happening to other people, and will 'know' when somebody is pregnant before they tell anybody or foresee something bad happening, and I always wonder if I should tell the person if I sense something bad is going to happen?

I am very open minded and curious, so neither believe or disbelieve in things like psychics etc.

Yes it is a precognitive premonition.

Funny that you went ahead and broke your leg. I find that those who have learned to trust these inclinations do manage to avoid the unpleasant results.

Maybe next time you will do that.

John

I think if I had dreamt I had broken my leg riding I might have been more cautious but I didn't put two and two together until it happened, and I knew as soon as I hit the floor my leg was broke. Since then I have taken more notice of my dreams and thoughts.

The one day I got a feeling suddenly come over me that my toddler niece was going to tip a pan of hot oil on herself so I warned my sister to keep her away from the oven in case and my sister happened to be cooking with oil at the time!

Is it premonitions, gut feeling? I'm not sure.

Now if I get a feeling that walking my dogs in the park will result in something bad I will walk them on the street instead. Just in case. Maybe I am a paranoid person? I'm not sure.

Not paranoid. Those that trust their feelings and inclinations open intuitive pathways most of us never use.

What you should be aware of is that the logical ego centric brain will fear these things and do everything it can to discourage you. That aspect of you is quite insecure and obsessed with controlling your life, in case you have not noticed.

John

I don't think of that gut feeling as paranoia, but more a strong sense of self-preservation and I've had that before. The trick is to know the difference between a gut feeling and paranoia. That comes with experience.

From Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr:

The most important thing I learned on Tralfamadore was that when a person dies he only appears to die. He is still very much alive in the past, so it is very silly for people to cry at his funeral. All moments, past, present and future, always have existed, always will exist. The Tralfamadorians can look at all the different moments just that way we can look at a stretch of the Rocky Mountains, for instance. They can see how permanent all the moments are, and they can look at any moment that interests them. It is just an illusion we have here on Earth that one moment follows another one, like beads on a string, and that once a moment is gone it is gone forever.

When a Tralfamadorian sees a corpse, all he thinks is that the dead person is in bad condition in the particular moment, but that the same person is just fine in plenty of other moments. Now, when I myself hear that somebody is dead, I simply shrug and say what the Tralfamadorians say about dead people, which is "So it goes."

Edited by Xynoplas

Well on Tuesday another thing happened.

I was sat at home reading and suddenly stopped and had a feeling again that my sister was about to text me. Then my phone buzzed and straight away I thought 'she's pregnant'.....the text was a pic of a pregnancy test! I also know it's a boy, I don't know how I know, but I do.

• Like 1

My friend has some from dreams every once in a wile. They are none thing big just small things, like the car not starting or eating at a certain place with someone having the same conversation. junk like that