Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unsolved Triple Murder, North Carolina, 1972

Regi

41 minutes ago, rashore said:

Yeah, that could be a way to throw off the scent, say it was a black man when it was a white man doing it. But if he did contact/hire, why did he hire, and with what money?

Hi Rashore

Weren't they from Detroit, could be that it was about something else and Troy was told what to say if there was organized crime families involved that may have subbed the job out to the Dixie boys.

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Yeah, that could be a way to throw off the scent, say it was a black man when it was a white man doing it. But if he did contact/hire, why did he hire, and with what money?

He owed them. Was going to pay them after receiving inheritance money.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, asheonce said:

He owed them. Was going to pay them after receiving inheritance money.

Well that's some interesting details I didn't know about. Was that in the recent articles and I missed it? I was under the impression that the police didn't know 

• Like 1

Glad this case was solved, I always thought it was Troy Hall that did it one way or another. 

Edited by docyabut2

5 hours ago, rashore said:

Well that's some interesting details I didn't know about. Was that in the recent articles and I missed it? I was under the impression that the police didn't know 

No, it's not anything official. Just my opinion/theory. Influenced a bit by local hearsay.

Here's additional info from current Sheriff.....

https://www.hcpress.com/front-page/durham-murder-case-new-details-revealed-during-interview-with-watauga-county-sheriff-len-hagaman.html

• Like 4

15 hours ago, asheonce said:

No, it's not anything official. Just my opinion/theory. Influenced a bit by local hearsay.

Here's additional info from current Sheriff.....

https://www.hcpress.com/front-page/durham-murder-case-new-details-revealed-during-interview-with-watauga-county-sheriff-len-hagaman.html

My misunderstanding with the reading, I thought you sounded sure of fact there. But it would make sense if Troy met them down south and then had a debt that might be paid off with a tip about the Durhams. And probably side involvement to assist the situation.... but without actually calling the hit himself or doing the deed. That would have been clever. I guess he would need or didn't want Ginny anymore after all of that, so that might be why he divorced her. I wonder how much she feels like she dodged a bullet with the way all of it went down. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rashore said:

My misunderstanding with the reading, I thought you sounded sure of fact there. But it would make sense if Troy met them down south and then had a debt that might be paid off with a tip about the Durhams. And probably side involvement to assist the situation.... but without actually calling the hit himself or doing the deed. That would have been clever. I guess he would need or didn't want Ginny anymore after all of that, so that might be why he divorced her. I wonder how much she feels like she dodged a bullet with the way all of it went down. 

Based on comments from Sheriff in the last link I sent, it sounds like she didn't even realize Troy had passed away a couple of years ago. So that sounds like she has definitely tried to stay as far away from him as possible in last 45 years or so.

Who's to say Troy wasn't part of the Dixie Mafia himself? Rumor had it that his family was involved in dealing drugs for years, plus his first wife died mysteriously from what was ruled a suicide.  The Durhams, his in-laws from the second marriage were murdered, and later a girlfriend in GA was ran over by a car. Seems like he's surrounded by a lot of death to me.