Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Route 666

Jake G.

(Look up route 666 if you have no previous knowledge of it)

As you know the number 666 relates to the devil. Well, this number was given to a road based on its location. On this road, many paranormal thing happened. After it was renumbered its paranormal activity dropped. The paranormal occurrences could be caused by the geography, this area could have a high magnetic field. But, how could changing a number of a road make a difference in the magnetic field around a road? That's how we know it's not based on geography, but the road itself. So, I have theorized the cause of this mysterious power the road has, and I think that the problem is the people. When they read the number of the road, they instantly interpret it as evil, which literally sends negative energy onto the road. Energy can do many things, even create physical objects, like monsters. That's why areas with monsters have a high magnetic field. The energy created the monster. That energy can be directed by a witch of course. So, when it was changed much of the population stopped interpreting it as evil, so not as much energy was sent. Or, the devil himself could have taken advantage of the number, but I don't think that's too likely. So, that's my theory on the subject of the road, and why there are monsters.

There are many number associations with the other side. For instance 111, 222, 333... they all have different significance. Yet 11 is thought to be lucky. As for rt 66 i live on it. Funny thibg is interstate i44 runs the same way. There is a energy that is different then most. That is why the major storms follow the hwys. As for monsters i suppose its what ur definition of a monster is. I have known some human monsters far scarier then those crossed. I appriciate your post. Not many catch on to the electrical current and activity.

• Like 1

Do not forget that people make things up, and history is full of people like this.

• Like 3

I also remeber that the world is full of people who shut down anything they are not willing to understand.

I also remeber that the world is full of people who shut down anything they are not willing to understand.

Don`t you think that this statement is a little bit to arrogant? Did you leased the truth?

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

Not arrogant. .. just the fact people label things they dont understand as stuff that is "made up". It seems ok for others to smash on something they cant understand for their lack of trying but its arrogent when someone points out their lack of trying. Ignorance is defined of lack of knowledge. For someone to attempt to battle experiences and ideas with ignorance seems to go along with our history also.

Not arrogant. .. just the fact people label things they dont understand as stuff that is "made up". It seems ok for others to smash on something they cant understand for their lack of trying but its arrogent when someone points out their lack of trying. Ignorance is defined of lack of knowledge. For someone to attempt to battle experiences and ideas with ignorance seems to go along with our history also.

When you say that someone is "not willing to understand" its arrogant.

• Like 1

When they shut things out that they are unwilling to form a educated opinion about its ignorance

holy derail the thread batman.

as for the OP

666 is not really the number of the devil. check into it and you'll see.

you said:

Energy can do many things, even create physical objects, like monsters. That's why areas with monsters have a high magnetic field. The energy created the monster.

first of all, energy does not create monsters. monsters are imaginary.

your theories as you call them don't really make any sense and really have no basis or foundation.

• Like 3

As for the monsters... i felt i would leave it alone. I agree with you though.

So, R666 is the nonswimmers Bermuda Triangle, isn`t it?

no it's a quite ordinary road i'm afraid. a lot of boring reasons for the naming of the road in the first place but other than that and a few people complaining about it's accident incidences by way of calling it devils highway or whatever, nothing to tie in with the OP theory that i could see.
  • Like 2

Energy isnt necessarily paranormal. Weather amd everyday things are effected by this. Storm fronts follow these areas more then not. Lots of things contribute to it. It doesnt have to do with the road itself.. im sure it was like that before they built it lol

Bermuda triangle is a whole different league. Not paranormal either... but totally different

Im pretty sure that the number 666 is an incorrect translation, the correct "number of the beast" is actually 616.

Either way, its 3 little numbers arranged in a way( if you follow tim minchin, you will see what im getting at).

I seriously thought my truck was jinxed, it had a speight of bad luck and had the reg Y18 FAM, after it burst into flames I sadly came to the conclusion that three 6's make 18 and belzebub himself must of been riding shot gun.

Imagination gets the better of you.

Do not forget that people make things up, and history is full of people like this.

Hey Davros, don't forget that arguing with a newbie and/or someone whose not been educated in these fields is simply a fatuous path my friend. The most we can do is try and educate. If the person is denying all reason and facts then we must simply write it off. Cheers my friend! :tu:

Don`t you think that this statement is a little bit to arrogant? Did you leased the truth?

Hey toast, good seeing ya around, been a while! I'm in complete agreement with you my friend!

holy derail the thread batman.

as for the OP

666 is not really the number of the devil. check into it and you'll see.

you said:

Energy can do many things, even create physical objects, like monsters. That's why areas with monsters have a high magnetic field. The energy created the monster.

first of all, energy does not create monsters. monsters are imaginary.

your theories as you call them don't really make any sense and really have no basis or foundation.

Yes, again, for someone to state that monsters are anything but imaginary and then have people reply in agreement with these asinine statements simply never cease to amaze me. I liken this sort of uneducated blabber as me making a thread stating that " When Bigfoot's are out on the hunt, they will use the powers of a Unicorn Horn to immobilize their prey, after which, the Bigfoot's don't eat said prey the way humans do, but rather have to await a Phoenix to burn up so they can cook their prey." lol :w00t:

As for the OP, I am rather confused as to how you associate generic numbers to having some type of power over this road? Is there anyway you could provide factual evidence supported by scientific means? You state that this road has a much higher Electromagnetic field? Where did you find this information at? Could you post the link? Also, how was this field found? What method(s) were used?

• Like 3

Hey Davros, don't forget that arguing with a newbie and/or someone whose not been educated in these fields is simply a fatuous path my friend. The most we can do is try and educate. If the person is denying all reason and facts then we must simply write it off. Cheers my friend! :tu:

Cheers back to you friend.

I know, and the driving factor is wanting to believe among other things.I live near a famous road all filled with Urban legends.The thing is that it's a long creepy road, and people blow stuff up in their minds.I have been up, and down this road plenty of times.There are people that live near this road that let their Dogs roam at night.Kids come all hyped up about the road, and see Demon Dogs.I have added to people's stories I am sure thanks to me, and some friends with Halloween masks. :clap:

Just because an area is famous for being Haunted, does not mean that it is.One cannot reach for the truth without skepticism, or otherwise they are living in dream land.

• Like 2

Cheers back to you friend.

I know, and the driving factor is wanting to believe among other things.I live near a famous road all filled with Urban legends.The thing is that it's a long creepy road, and people blow stuff up in their minds.I have been up, and down this road plenty of times.There are people that live near this road that let their Dogs roam at night.Kids come all hyped up about the road, and see Demon Dogs.I have added to people's stories I am sure thanks to me, and some friends with Halloween masks. :clap:

Just because an area is famous for being Haunted, does not mean that it is.One cannot reach for the truth without skepticism, or otherwise they are living in dream land.

This is a great way of summarizing what I've been preaching here and elsewhere for YEARS! Nicely put! :tsu:

And you're absolutely correct. One of the largest reasons I stopped being active in this community, and for so long, was because I was growing weary of the "blind faith" mind set that was not only taking root here, but actually overtaking us old timers on the board whom are about investigating each claim with rational, scientific methodology and factual evidence over the "Blind Faith" mind sets whom would be posting and believing in insanely egregious claims.

• Like 2

This is a great way of summarizing what I've been preaching here and elsewhere for YEARS! Nicely put! :tsu:

And you're absolutely correct. One of the largest reasons I stopped being active in this community, and for so long, was because I was growing weary of the "blind faith" mind set that was not only taking root here, but actually overtaking us old timers on the board whom are about investigating each claim with rational, scientific methodology and factual evidence over the "Blind Faith" mind sets whom would be posting and believing in insanely egregious claims.

Exactly, and it only muddies the water for that rare event that can be labled "Unexplained."

• Like 2

Route 666 is definitely interesting and the fact that the US Government would even change the name to begin with is pretty fascinating

I saw a tv show on route 666. They said crazy stuff went on.and when they changed the number stuff stopped .

I think it could be true

how is it fascinating?

did you read the link i posted that explains how it was named?

http://www.fhwa.dot....cture/us666.cfm

Thanks for doing some legwork and posting this. Yet another rational explanation for a claim that "MUST BE PARANORMAL." lol :tu:

I saw a tv show on route 666. They said crazy stuff went on.and when they changed the number stuff stopped .

I think it could be true

Please tell me you're joking?

• Like 3

I think it could be true

It was going to be route 999, but Satan messed up the Government contract to the Sign maker. :yes:

• Like 2