Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baby with 2 faces and 2 brains to be born

seeder

'Our unborn baby has two brains and two faces... but we still want her': Parents defy doctors who told them to abort child who will be seen as a 'freak'

* Renee and Simon Howie, from Sydney, already have seven children

* Baby's condition so rare only 35 cases ever recorded and none survived

* Foetus has single heart, four limbs and a single 'conjoined' skull

* Other children say deformed baby 'still a human' which they will love

* Last baby with condition died in Indian village at two months

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556393/Parents-unborn-baby-Australia-two-faces-two-brains-defy-doctors-child.html#ixzz2t1hx20w8

• Like 2

Indeed poor child, but kind of interesting in a weird way. If the child lives, and has two brains but one body...and two independent mouths etc, would he/she have independent personalities and be able to chat/disagree with itself? But I understand how some parents dont want to abort a child...

• Like 1

This can't be a first. Surely there've been hundreds of two-faced children born before, and they've all grown up to become politicians. :unsure2:

• Like 5

If the child lives, and has two brains but one body...and two independent mouths etc, would he/she have independent personalities and be able to chat/disagree with itself?.

Yes:

• Like 3

Yes:

[media=]

[/media]

Thank you. I was going to refer to these twins but I couldn't remember their names to do a search.

I think this video says a lot.

• Like 2

God bless the (now) unborn child

• Like 2

Yes:

[media=]

[/media]

I like these guys they made me cry, especially when they said "Yeah were going to be moms, but the whole world doesn't need to worry about how we do it, or how we will date". One seems more emotional than the other... They can never get away from each other when they are upset at them or want to be alone. I like how they demand their privacy too. The mom is right, they don't owe the world anything at all and they have a right to live without being bothered. I'm glad they made this short documentary though. Thanks for sharing. I think I saw it before, but... thanks again. :)

• Like 1

I have to play the devil's advocat on this and say that I do understand the doctors' recommendation, as I wouldn't want to live like that. But I can also understand the parent's love to their yet unborn child(ren). I wouldn't want to make that decision. Either way, it could be right or wrong.

I hope they'll have a happy life, and a strong will and self confidence. :)

• Like 3

Yes:

[media=]

[/media]

Wow cheers, Id never seen that one before :tu:

In this case I don't see this baby surviving for too long anyways. What you see on the surface is mostly just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Will the unborn baby survive long enough to be full term? If not will it survive the surgical process of a cesarean?

Is the heart going to be strong enough to support the blood flow of so many active limbs?

Will the baby be able to even eat or will it have to be fed via a tube?

I am on the fence here; I would like for it to have a happy outcome but...I don't know. Guess only time will tell.

• Like 3

As a parent it seems extremely selfish to me that this child's parents have chose to do this.

The chances that this child will survive long-term are slim, and the potential for suffering for this poor baby is high.

There are worse fates than death.

• Like 4

The chances that this child will survive long-term are slim, and the potential for suffering for this poor baby is high.

I would really be concerned about this too, and I agree, it does seem selfish, I can understand loving a child that much indeed, but you are completely right, this seems no more than a life of suffering, and those who have gone before have died. It would be hard to do, but if one really loves a child, I am not sure a life of pain and suffering is a good or loving thing to do.

Glad it is not my call, my heart goes out to the parents.

• Like 3

I would really be concerned about this too, and I agree, it does seem selfish, I can understand loving a child that much indeed, but you are completely right, this seems no more than a life of suffering, and those who have gone before have died. It would be hard to do, but if one really loves a child, I am not sure a life of pain and suffering is a good or loving thing to do.

Glad it is not my call, my heart goes out to the parents.

A heartbreaking choice to have to make - I don't envy them and I fully understand people's reservations on this. I have always preferred to choose life if asked difficult questions but that doesn't mean I'm right or wise and that it is always the best choice, my heart may be too soft for my mind to get a grip on the right course of action. We are all like that a little - too much head not enough heart or too much heart not enough thought. There is no right or wrong just a choice to be made and prayers for the best to be said.

• Like 3

There is no right or wrong just a choice to be made and prayers for the best to be said.

Amen to that

• Like 1

This will be the eighth and "ninth" child for the family. They should have terminated when they had the chance IMO. The parents will be devastated yes but they will still be devastated after bring the children to term and then they die of complications.

Shame on you people.... If born.. How can this poor baby survive, if people keep on ridiculing it and its parents over and over

Trying to humiliate us into silence isn't going to stop us from discussing this topic.

The stark facts are that the odds are stacked heavily against this child and like I said earlier, will it even survive the cesarean?

If the baby is born alive, will its tiny heart be able to support so many limbs? What about the neurological system? Both babies probably won't sleep at the same time either so the nervous system could get over loaded real quick.

Blood types? What about its ability to get nourishment in the regular fashion? There are so many things that can, and probably will, go wrong.

It is is true that these people already have a bunch of kids then it is possible that the woman's reproductive..umm..apparatuses are worn out so to speak.

I mean, sure..I wish them and the baby well but eventually they are going to have to wake up to reality and face the consequences of their choices.

I hate the idea of abortion too but in this case..well, I am sorry to say but I see much hardship for both the parents and the baby.

If that makes me a horrible person then so be it.

• Like 2

If the baby is born alive, will its tiny heart be able to support so many limbs?

Ryu. it is one child, with the right amount of limbs, 2+2.. its just its head thats split into two

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2556393/Parents-unborn-baby-Australia-two-faces-two-brains-defy-doctors-child.html#ixzz2t1hx20w8

Edited by Still Waters
Replaced copyrighted image with source link

Shame on you people.... If born.. How can this poor baby survive, if people keep on ridiculing it and its parents over and over

Being realistic hurts sometimes. Shame has nothing to do with it.

And what ever is going to be for that baby will be, in spite of what you or anyone else has to say. Words won't keep that baby alive, or hasten it's death. Your statement is a bit overdramatic for my taste.

• Like 3

I couldnt go through with this, call me a coward but I would of opted for the termination.

Theres a good chance the child wouldnt survive to lead a fruitful life, would you really want to put a child with such a "disability(?)" through the ordeal of birth a fight for life and if the child survived, no doubt a life regarded as a freak of nature by many.

I would simply terminate and let the feotus go.

• Like 2

I couldnt go through with this, call me a coward but I would of opted for the termination.

Theres a good chance the child wouldnt survive to lead a fruitful life, would you really want to put a child with such a "disability(?)" through the ordeal of birth a fight for life and if the child survived, no doubt a life regarded as a freak of nature by many.

I would simply terminate and let the feotus go.

Exactly not to mention taking food from their other SEVEN kids mouths per-say.