Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
questionmark

Rabbis decide which Israelis are Spanish

6 posts in this topic

Former Sephardic chief rabbi sheds light on the process that led to Spanish decision to grant nationality to descendents of Jews expelled in 1492, says rabbis will determine who should be recognized as offspring

Former Sephardic Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar sees the Spanish Parliament's decision to grant nationality to the descendents of Jews expelled from the country 522 years ago as "a small correction of a great injustice."

Speaking to Ynet, Rabbi Amar reveals that he was involved in the talks between the Jewish communities and the Spanish authorities, which eventually led to the legislation. The highlight of the talks was a meeting he had with King Juan Carlos I of Spain about six months ago.

read more

At the expense of being called anti - semitic (usual retort in this forum), isn't the whole purpose of Israel's existence is so that members of the Jewish Faith actually have a homeland??

I have no idea why the Spanish King should make every Spaniard alive today guilty of a wrong 500+ years ago. This is so wrong. It is also Unconstitutional, it will never become Law...

At the expense of being called anti - semitic (usual retort in this forum), isn't the whole purpose of Israel's existence is so that members of the Jewish Faith actually have a homeland??

I have no idea why the Spanish King should make every Spaniard alive today guilty of a wrong 500+ years ago. This is so wrong. It is also Unconstitutional, it will never become Law...

I guess it is that most don't feel that Israel will last forever, therefore those who can have a second passport (when Germany started giving out German passports for those expelled by the Nazis and their heirs there was a real run on them by Israelis) will.

Actually, that idea falls under the ideal of Zionism. IF Zionism were not nearly universally hated then I would agree with your point here. The current citizens of Spain owe the Jewish people nothing except common decency and honesty when deciding how Israel will be dealt with among the nations of the world. Beyond that, the Spaniards owe them nothing.

I guess I thought this was about rabbits.

enhanced-buzz-25699-1324414349-7.jpg

1 person likes this

Anti - semitic rubbish. :w00t: