Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Comcast buys out Time-Warner

DieChecker

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-comcast-strikes-deal-to-buy-time-warner-cable-20140212,0,3700600.story#axzz2tBLufve2

Comcast strikes deal to buy Time Warner Cable for $45 billion

I can't help but feel like this headline should read "... for $45 billion, plus Tax."

Imagine if the Federal Government got 5 to 7 percent of such an exchange? That would be 3 billion right there.

Didn't I read one time that they were owned by the Mormon Church or something? Comcast, I mean. I'm sure it was some kind of church.

Didn't I read one time that they were owned by the Mormon Church or something? Comcast, I mean. I'm sure it was some kind of church.

i think the mormon church owned an nbc affiliate station in utah not sure about owning comcast though.

I take it for some reason I can't imagine the anti-trust laws won't apply.

Their argument is that since they don't cover the same service areas, that there is no lessening of competition. Of course the whole cable racket is generally a monopoly in most areas anyway.

I'm a little concerned. Now that people are streaming internet video instead of paying for cable TV, they might lower the data caps to a ridiculously small amount.

This seems like a bad thing. What makes Comcast think this is a good idea. Global domination?

• Like 2

I just got rid of Time Warner....their customer service was absolutely terrible. Interesting take-over....

Agreed. Their CS is terrible and their equipment is absolute garbage. Of course my friends who have Comcast tell me I haven't seen anything yet.