Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Manchester 'alien' howl mystery solved

UM-Bot

An ominous 'alien-like' noise was heard across the city this week as strong winds battered the region.

Perplexed shoppers took to Twitter to report the ominous howling noise which seemed to reverberate for miles. One Twitter user described it as a "low, evil, end-of-the-world noise" while others likened it to the imminent arrival of an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-mystery-solved

I've heard in the news descriptions of the winds here (U.S) sounding very unusual with the terrible weather we've been having in some places.

An ominous 'alien-like' noise was heard across the city this week as strong winds battered the region.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-mystery-solved

Reply to OP post

I dont understand why would shoppers refering to twitter for this.. Surely most of these shoppers to be local people.

The reason I asked is the hum from the tower was first reported in 2006, and there was 3 separate occasions to eradicate the hum, and in 2012 the winds were so strong the hum could be heard for a few miles

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart
  • Like 1

Ok so this is solution for this scenario what is for the rest of the world? Places where this solution isnt feasible? or why are they happening there? I have theory that this might be in link with heavy solar acitivty.. just a thought ...

Here is link to a nice video about it some events were scary beyond horror scary...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd91NXlKWeM[/media]

Edit : Daaaaaaamn scary to be there when it happens...

Edited by Tesla II

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to figure out what an "alien-like" noise is.

I think it sounds a little like Spanish.

• Like 1

Ok so this is solution for this scenario what is for the rest of the world? Places where this solution isnt feasible? or why are they happening there? I have theory that this might be in link with heavy solar acitivty.. just a thought ...

Here is link to a nice video about it some events were scary beyond horror scary...

That is wicked creepy..... :hmm:

Bet nobody cites this reason...

16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Thess 4:16-18

Reply to OP post

I dont understand why would shoppers refering to twitter for this.. Surely most of these shoppers to be local people.

The reason I asked is the hum from the tower was first reported in 2006, and there was 3 separate occasions to eradicate the hum, and in 2012 the winds were so strong the hum could be heard for a few miles

Very true! I remember when it was first built and the hum was reported and on our local news they had an architect on who was saying it was badly designed and he had predicted this would happen

Here at the beach we get high winds at times and when they get around forty or so MPH they make a sound like a jet engine. In fact, on several occasions we gotten complaints about low flying aircraft. Then we explain to them what it is and many times people think we're messing with them.

Bet nobody cites this reason...

16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

1 Thess 4:16-18

Because it isn`t the reason. The real world gets explained by real ppl and not by preachers and/or preaching.

Because it isn`t the reason. The real world gets explained by real ppl and not by preachers and/or preaching.

Now, now, be kind.

Oh, I wanted it to be the end of the world. Nuts. :(

I know right, I was gone to start an end of the world club and everything, order club member t-shirts and everything.