Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sir Alec Guinness claims he saw a ghost

Still Waters

Sir Alec Guinness played Marley's ghost on the big screen and was resurrected as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars films.

But the Oscar-winner also had a real-life otherworldly encounter, according to letters published for the first time today.

http://www.dailymail...inness-bed.html

• Like 2

He probably did see a ghost. Lots of people do, I have.

• Like 2

Didn't he also have a premonition of the death of James Dean?He seemed to be surrounded by odd phenomena

http://www.ozzienews.com/chin-wag/alec-guinness-warned-james-dean-about-car-crash/

• Like 1

He also played a ghost once in one of those sci-fi films, just wish I could remember what it was...?

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 2

He also played a ghost once in one of those sci-fi films, just wish I could remember what it was...?

Yeah, me too. I could try to "FORCE" my memories to remember.
  • Like 3

Yeah, me too. I could try to "FORCE" my memories to remember.

Being an ancient astronaut you should be able to remember something from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away... ;)

• Like 4

Not sci-fi, but he played Marley's ghost in Scrooge.

• Like 2

Not sci-fi, but he played Marley's ghost in Scrooge.

He gets around a bit.

I wonder if he has had a few ghostly roles.

Being an ancient astronaut you should be able to remember something from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away... ;)

You know, "I have a bad feeling about this", but you may be right. I will try and "search my feelings" to remember.
  • Like 1

But if any of you try and If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

• Like 2

You know, "I have a bad feeling about this", but you may be right. I will try and "search my feelings" to remember.

You know it to be true.
  • Like 1

Ah, Unsolved Mysteries.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. :yes:

• Like 2

There is no "try". There is do, or do not.

• Like 3

A lie isn't the only or more likely cause, he could simply be wrong...he certainly has the mind set for magical thinking

He said: ‘Alec was quite superstitious... In the Navy he also had a premonition about being drowned in an oncoming storm.

and being wrong.

Edited by Duck33
  • Like 2

Well we will bump into these ghostly things ourselves one day becaue...

Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter ;)

• Like 2

An important thing to consider with regard to his experience is that he was alseep when he heard his bathroom door click open. He immediately woke up. He then saw the ghost of an elderly women. Could it be that it was some kind of lucid dream he was into? Possibly. It is not unheard of. That is what is often refered to Altered State Of Consciousness or (ASC).

That doesn't mean he didn't experience any extra sensorial perception, however. One could argue that this very altered state (if that is what he was actually into) could be the factor, the main cause in this case that makes onself disposed to perceive informations not usually available by the normal human senses.

We will never know but that is certainly one experience that seems to have marked him.

Edited by sam_comm

Very cool I believe him why would he lie for

1. Why not? People lie all the time for no good reason (I'm not calling him a liar, but the old "why would he lie?" when applied to witnesses of ghosts, UFOs, etc. is lousy reasoning and show poor judgment of human nature).

2. Just because you say something that is untrue, it does not mean you are lying about it, you may simply be mistaken about it.

• Like 1

1. Why not? People lie all the time for no good reason (I'm not calling him a liar, but the old "why would he lie?" when applied to witnesses of ghosts, UFOs, etc. is lousy reasoning and show poor judgment of human nature).

2. Just because you say something that is untrue, it does not mean you are lying about it, you may simply be mistaken about it.

At the end of the day, we weren't there so it's hard to refute or validate a personal experience of back in 1983. I guess it is easier to consider this account as a genuine ghost sighting for one who accept the possiblity that this phenomenon may be legitimate. If one does not, he will likely not consider it seriously.

Edited by sam_comm

• 2 weeks later...