Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Particle or Not, You Gotta Love It!

behavioralist

Servile science (where the science translates into the simple things: money, acceptance, and sex, so that it could just as well be the stock-market or power through nepotism) is inherently incapable of discovering that matter, energy and space (as volume and distance) are vulnerable, and that properly perceived and revered they will behave as “science” forbids rather than as it constrains them to.

The constraint science exerts upon what it observes “can’t exist”, because the observation is simple, rooted in competition for salary and notoriety, and the untamed perception is prohibited from occasionally flushing the conscious like an ocean of the subconscious exhibiting tides because it would distract the conscious from “what really matters”.

When is science ever discovery? If the original Buddha said, “The only lasting solution to a problem comes to us unbidden in rest!”, how many millions of people have become notorious for just repeating or reiterating it? It is one beauty spawning millions of beasts; and it really makes you wonder if beauty should not “hide its light under a bucket”, as Jesus declared it counterintuitive to be doing.

If a beast can turn meditation into drudgery, what can it do to a photon?

Indeed, although I would take the science that you refer to, and call it "currently accepted science" or something like that.

Science has revised itself over the ages, and we shlould prepare for it to do this again soon.

Behavioralist, if you do not have a point for discussion, don't start a discussion thread for it.

I'll give you the opportunity to clarify what it is you want to discuss, but failing that, If you are just going to be soapboxing, use the blog system instead. Depending on your point of discussion, this topic may well be moved to the Philosophy forum as well.

• Like 1

behavioralist, seems like you can turn any random topic into mindless rambling that has little to do with the original subject.

Indeed, although I would take the science that you refer to, and call it "currently accepted science" or something like that.

Science has revised itself over the ages, and we shlould prepare for it to do this again soon.

Prepare for it by becoming aware of the dearth of understanding that can be garnered when the science itself is not permitted to inspire, yes. We follow the progress of the knowledge, and not the reality of the things being studied. The simple dictates that the simple will progress. The profundity of the studied is as trapped by this process as a monkey born in a Cage for experimental animals. Servility is inherently incapable of allowing something to differ from the caged version, because the caged version is the exact same thing to it, if not the better thing (Did you ever read Crichton's Congo, where a tame gorilla has learned to sign and Thinks wild gorillas are "black things" because they won't sign back?)

behavioralist, seems like you can turn any random topic into mindless rambling that has little to do with the original subject.

Are you saying you feel left out of a discussion about hitherto Unexplained Mysteries like "observer effect", or did you come here to contribute something to that discussion and are finding me too stupid to understand your Points? Which is more fun, to mess things up and create a mystery, or to do things expertly and get Little or no notice? Is it more fun to find a superluminal partcle because you can't use the Tools properly? Is it more fun to have a rocket explode because no one watches a good launch any more?

You really do have some milage for Three years here. Maybe you just like to go too fast. Have you tried finding time so unimportant as you are that you can just stop doing anything with it? A true scientist is like a moth; as it begins one Life it has to stop and wait Before the light actually becomes its purview in Another life.

Still waiting for you to make your point, Behavioralist.

In the meantime, as you seem to be pontificating rather than discussing, thread moved to more appropriate forum.

• Like 1

Still waiting for you to make your point, Behavioralist.

In the meantime, as you seem to be pontificating rather than discussing, thread moved to more appropriate forum.

I made the Point that the integrity of Discovery begins with the preclusion of the observer effect. I made it simpler, hoping to involve a less educated participant, metaphorically, as needing to transmutate.

Consider this observer effect: would the other two people, not to mention a few others, have followed up on our discussion, if you had not pulled this pall over it? If you Think they are behaving just as if you had not put in your oar in your way, then you have the very thing we are trying to understand, and you are not trying to understand it with us.

Of course you are kept too busy to enjoy a Deep discussion; but that's what science is, isn't it: business. That's why it isn't science. Being busy amounts to self-importance and is no excuse, but a deflection. Accepting your responsibility as a human being as having defined borders within an order, as in The Disiderata aborts the human mind, making it subconscious.

If you are a human being in your mind, then all doings of human beings are your responsibility, and you can't accept being told how Little responsibility you have; you can't be told to be self-important; backing up how important people are with "higher responsibilities", meaning more profits.

Edited by behavioralist

I made the Point that the integrity of Discovery begins with the preclusion of the observer effect. I made it simpler, hoping to involve a less educated participant, metaphorically, as needing to transmutate.

Consider this observer effect: would the other two people, not to mention a few others, have followed up on our discussion, if you had not pulled this pall over it? If you Think they are behaving just as if you had not put in your oar in your way, then you have the very thing we are trying to understand, and you are not trying to understand it with us.

Of course you are kept too busy to enjoy a Deep discussion; but that's what science is, isn't it: business. That's why it isn't science. Being busy amounts to self-importance and is no excuse, but a deflection. Accepting your responsibility as a human being as having defined borders within an order, as in The Disiderata aborts the human mind, making it subconscious.

If you are a human being in your mind, then all doings of human beings are your responsibility, and you can't accept being told how Little responsibility you have; you can't be told to be self-important; backing up how important people are with "higher responsibilities", meaning more profits.

Each of the above sentences/paragraphs is a different subject, in and of itself and not connected in any way. In other words, you are rambling.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Each of the above sentences/paragraphs is a different subject, in and of itself and not connected in any way. In other words, you are rambling.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." A Einstein.

It is a fact that to say something to everyone is impossible, because most people are too self-satisfied to look deeply with someone who is doing so. It is a fact that it is most popular to simply tell a very simple lie.

Connections require the application of the mind. Consider law: how is the Young offender connected? Who is his mentor? His mentor is alert to this question and making himself very popular! Each of the sentence/paragraps I produced is connected quite intimately. Anything you made of any of them was not what they said, or you would have connected them. Again, this I am saying to your reply (not to you, because the personal is to analyze your bahavior in ways the moderators frown upon) connects to "observer effect", which is to particle physics.

Edited by behavioralist

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." A Einstein.

It is a fact that to say something to everyone is impossible, because most people are too self-satisfied to look deeply with someone who is doing so. It is a fact that it is most popular to simply tell a very simple lie.

Connections require the application of the mind. Consider law: how is the Young offender connected? Who is his mentor? His mentor is alert to this question and making himself very popular! Each of the sentence/paragraps I produced is connected quite intimately. Anything you made of any of them was not what they said, or you would have connected them. Again, this I am saying to your reply (not to you, because the personal is to analyze your bahavior in ways the moderators frown upon) connects to "observer effect", which is to particle physics.

I understand perfectly what observer effect is in quantum physics but you are applying it to things it has nothing to do with and I also know you are calling me stupid, in a roundabout way, for not agreeing with your bizarre poast on science and the limitations of humans to see outside the box. It isn't a new discussion, it is just being described very poorly by you.

I suspect you have some very bizarre ideas that you are about to introduce to us all and this is your way of setting up for the waves of criticism these bizarre ideas are sure to generate. It's an old ploy of folks like you to dismiss critics with the "You're just too stupid to understand my brilliant theories." rationale. Also, there are others here that post the dismissal of critics first and then wind around and around before getting to the point of this topic which you refuse to do, so you aren't even being original in that.

So get to the subject you want to introduce already as requested above.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Really? Because it really sounded more like you were using unnecessarily long words to try and impress people with your brilliance, instead of proposing a rather simple topic.

Well, being that out of the fifty or so threads you have started, maybe, what, three? have gone past the first page, I'm going to go with "No, they likely would not have followed up on it".

Oh, I love a deep discussion, and I will make time for it if I have to. Thing of it is, you do not provide for a deep discussion.

You fancy yourself a behavioralist, but have shown an utter lack in the practice of it. You have come off more boorish than anything else. Keep your ramblings in the philosophy section. Don't post in the Science and Technology section unless you are actually discussing science and technology.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 4

This moderator is getting pretty tired of the almost constant stream of denigration & lack of respect you show for virtually everyone who responds. You & your thoughts & ideas are not superior, nor is your writing. If you feel you have something to teach, go to a different venue. This is not the place for a teacher/student hierarchy.

• Like 1

While we're making requests... I wish that Beany and Aquatus would get their own individual avatars.

It's become an almost immediate response now that everytime I see the white silhouette head, I want to report you (to yourselves).

What are you taking about? That's my selfie.

I'm not a good photographer...

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 2

Really? Because it really sounded more like you were using unnecessarily long words to try and impress people with your brilliance, instead of proposing a rather simple topic.

That's what I think too.

Or, perhaps I should say: After an extensive thought process comparing and contrasting all available examples I've come to a conclusion quite similar in nature.

• Like 2

While we're making requests... I wish that Beany and Aquatus would get their own individual avatars.

It's become an almost immediate response now that everytime I see the white silhouette head, I want to report you (to yourselves).

It may be beyond my technical skills, but I'll give it a shot. I'm basically a Luddite at heart, but I'm dragging myself kicking & screaming into the 21 century.

Did it, it's Ganesh. It's what I had.

Edited by Beany