Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Channeling energy

Intangiblytangible.

Hey guys I've been practicing visualization techniques this week to induce an out of body experience. But I've found that when I clear my mind and start doing this there are a myriad of experiences that come. This is very exciting!

The experience I'm here to talk about is some form of energy manipulation. As I've been trying to have an oob experience I found myself hitting what I believe to be the vibrations people talk about. One thing that was getting to me was that if I concentrated to hard on making something happen it never would. I started surrendering to it. It is a strange thing to focus on something and not focus on it. Once I was able to do that I found that I could manipulate the energy with ease. Last night the energy collected in my feet as it usually does. By using the above technique I was able to condense all the energy in one foot. From there I could move it to my right foot and "toss" the energy back and forth. It was harder to do but I then consolidated it into one toe. It felt on fire with all the energy! After that I tried summoning the energy back to both feet at once. I found this the hardest even though the energy seems to naturally want to dissipate throughout the body. I had to hold both feet in my head while holding neither. With that explanation of course it would be harder. I finally brought it up to my hands and tossed it from hand to hand. This was by far the easiest. Much easier than with the feet. The rest of the night I just let the energy flow through me and play with it. Trying various things throughout the night.

So here I am. I have no real idea what this energy is and no real knowledge of chakras although I'm going to do more research today. If anyone has any advice on what this is or advice on focusing it. Or what some cool things are I can do with it. Any thoughts at all. This is something I never expected and never really thought existed so thoughts are appreciated.

One other thing I haven't done this eyes open..

• Like 1

I don't know. I'm asking you both questions. I have no knowledge just an experience. I'm laying it bare to strangers on the internet in the hopes of some guidance. I suppose what I really need is a monk.

Edited by Intangiblytangible.

I don't know much about channeling energies myself. But it sounds like you and me had a very similar experience.

Other than Visualize is there any other steps that you took to get to the Vibration Stage? I believe Humans could do more things than just Astral Project when we reach that Stage. However unless i reach the same stage that you did again i will have to put my theory's on hold.

• Like 1

Sure! I'd love to help. I seem to be a little intuitive as I've picked it up petty quickly.

Basically every day when I go to bed a put a flight mask on to block all the light. I lay in bed on my back, then flex all my muscles, from my toes up. Letting all the tension seep out. At this point start loosening your mind. Clear all your thoughts. If your having trouble focus on breathing through your nose. Breath in then out. It helps to imagine your body sinking with each out breath. The goal is to put the body to sleep while keeping the mind awake by having a focus anchor. At various points it helps me to mix up my techniques. Sometimes I focus on trying to keep a glowing triangle in my head. If I see that I know I'm awake which helps when I'm keeping my head clear as I can fall asleep. Other things are imaging my body falling away and my spirit body glowing there. Other things I do are with the breath out I imagine my energy filling the room. Or on the breath in coming back in.

Remember I've only been doing this a week. But I've reached the point where I can reach the vibrations within 10 minutes and after that can summon the energy with simple thought exercises like those above. I've found my visualization has really improved and this which I was never expecting to happen comes with ease. Honestly I was a sceptic till a few months ago and didn't believe in auras until maybe a month ago.

For the simplest advice, do not concentrate! This is the worst thing you can do. You have to surrender because the force is greater than you. You can't control it you can only harmonize with it. And you will find with harmony the energy will do your bidding with joy. But that is just my subjective experience and I am far from an expert. That is what I'm looking for but I'm finding the spiritual community to be full of spiritually bankrupt people. I wish you all the luck in the universe my brother.

• Like 1

You can't control it you can only harmonize with it. And you will find with harmony the energy will do your bidding with joy. But that is just my subjective experience and I am far from an expert. That is what I'm looking for but I'm finding the spiritual community to be full of spiritually bankrupt people. I wish you all the luck in the universe my brother.

When i was able to reach the stage you described i believe i was doing a descent job at controlling it. I was able to move my astral arms and legs and was seeing through the third eye. All while keeping my mind awake and body a sleep. Or it could of been beginners luck as i haven't been able to reach that stage in months. But when i get it ill know the feeling as i have all ready experienced it.

Also does the feeling of moving your astral arms/legs feel like your moving your own physical ones?

I don't doubt that you controlled it. But you can only control it after harmonizing with it. You can't force it. It's like you're riding something greater than you. If you get shocked or startled you'll lose it.

As for your second question... idk! When I feel like I'm mooning my astral body it's like I can almost see it. Like my hands is still but there is another hand superimposed on it and the fingers flick around. I haven't completed a full transition yet and I believe that I need more practice on visualization. I think that is the key really. You have to be able to see smell taste hear and touch an object with perfect clarity in your mind. With that goal I think I am very far off. It seems no one else has much info on controlling this energy however which makes me sad.

Edited by Intangiblytangible.

Maybe "moving" it is a better word, and will shift how you work with the energy. It's my experience that this kind of energy has a kind of "intelligence" that can inform your mind & body if you are open to it, so that a sort of partnership is formed. Try letting the energy flow through you to a friend, by sitting face to face and holding hands. Visualize it flowing up to your chest, into your heart chakra, and then down your arms and hands. Another exercise is to gather the energy in your solar plexus and visualize it flowing through your solar plexus and into that of a friend, again sitting face to face. Another exercise: sit quietly by yourself, and visualize the energy flowing into and expanding your aura.

Frank Fools Crow, a Sioux holy man, calls it being a "hollow bone." And my experience is like yours, it can't be forced, while sometimes simply giving it permission to flow does the trick. That is an interesting exercise. Just give it permission to flow where ever it wants, and see what happens. And while you're doing any of these exercises, pay attention to any visual images that move through your mind.

I do mostly energy work, channeling it in various ways, meaning I let it flow into my crown chakra, then out through my heart, without trying to direct it. I see it as a kind of informed intelligence/energy that knows more than me about what needs to be healed or what needs to be done, my job is just to serve as the channel or hollow bone. Maybe when we try to control it instead of letting it flow where it wants to go we're missing half of the experience. Here's a link to a website about Fools Crow. He was considered "impeccable", and was Black Elk's nephew. His own nephew is also a medicine & healer, himself. Thomas Mails wrote a book, Fools Crow, Wisdom and Power, that is excellent.

http://www.manataka.org/page163.html

Edited by Beany
  • Like 2

Nice. The spirit that moves through all things

Nice. The spirit that moves through all things

Your right, though I never thought of it in quite that way. When I do energy work with people I keep my mind clear, have no goal or focus, or any ideas about what should happen. I just trust that spirit energy to make it's own decisions, and try to stay out of my own way and keep my mind still. When my mind is quiet that energy/spirit speaks to me and informs me, tells me what I need to know and what I need to do. It's wonderful work, and being able to partner with that spirit has been a blessing.

• Like 2

Your right, though I never thought of it in quite that way. When I do energy work with people I keep my mind clear, have no goal or focus, or any ideas about what should happen. I just trust that spirit energy to make it's own decisions, and try to stay out of my own way and keep my mind still. When my mind is quiet that energy/spirit speaks to me and informs me, tells me what I need to know and what I need to do. It's wonderful work, and being able to partner with that spirit has been a blessing.

Your inner voice is a connection to the great spirit. ( god) of this I have no doubt.

I agree that energy has an intelligence. That's what i like about energy work like reiki, even universal energy shows us and its humbling to be able to let that energy flow without our interference of where it needs to be. Yup we are just the channels.

OP if you were to learn using energy this way, it will forever teach you. I always suggest reiki or qi gong or tai chi to get started.

• Like 1

I agree that energy has an intelligence. That's what i like about energy work like reiki, even universal energy shows us and its humbling to be able to let that energy flow without our interference of where it needs to be. Yup we are just the channels.

OP if you were to learn using energy this way, it will forever teach you. I always suggest reiki or qi gong or tai chi to get started.

Five petal qi gong. I have access to world renown teacher regrettably I have not made full use of it. It's a long drive.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

OK, now I'm going to have to look up five petal qigong. Learning some kind of energy modality is a good idea.

All I found on the net was some wing chung stuff, which is coincidental, because I just recently watch the movie Yip Man. Weren't most of the martial arts originally conceived as spiritual practices rather than combat techniques?

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

OK, now I'm going to have to look up five petal qigong. Learning some kind of energy modality is a good idea.

All I found on the net was some wing chung stuff, which is coincidental, because I just recently watch the movie Yip Man. Weren't most of the martial arts originally conceived as spiritual practices rather than combat techniques?

Probably at the same time. Wing chun was created by a nun to be able to fight against men. Monks are credited with creating most martial arts. But in reality it probably evolved as a family thing first. ----here son, this is how you. Defeat bad guys when they come to our village--- then after a while specific methods became institutionalize. You are not going to be able to learn five pedal unless you know very specific people. Si fu chong really only teaches those close to him or other martial arts masters. I have donated my school to his teachers and and liniage before when they needed a place to train and i have trained with him becaues of my connections and letting his students use my school, but not nearly enough. Like I said its a long drive to Sacramento. I was going to go with him and a group to train at a temple in Thailand for a month. Just qi gong, but swinging with the wife was a no go. I am fairly close with the family he is going to pass it to. Infact the heirs to the system are close friends. SI Fu is getting older, I probably missed the boat on it. Besides that mastering wing chun and bak mei is sort of part of the cariculum. I simply haven't had the time and like I said its a long drive. The style requires a ton of training...... It's not like your corner martial arts school it's the real deal. I'm only 35 I have only been alive long enough to master one set of methods ( but mixed in with a lot of modern fighting). This conversation is motivating me though. The family I mentioned is close enough. Part of the problem is me, in the past I have found wing chun terribly boring, but I am older now maybe I can appreciate it more. Then the benefit of continuing qi gong. Still... It's nearly impossible for me to change my habits as a martial artist, there is no way I could revert to their fighting methods. The way they stand, the way the hold themselves is very foreign and difficult for me. It could only be an augmentation to what I already do.

There are other forms of qi gong you might be able to find in your area.

Edited by White Crane Feather

There's a sensei in the small town I live in, who takes students, but requires observation only for at least the first 2 years. He practices some kind of martial arts where he can put a man down by holding on to one of his fingers, or 2 big men at the same time, even though he's not much over 5 feet tall. He sometimes give demonstrations at our local obon festival.

There's a sensei in the small town I live in, who takes students, but requires observation only for at least the first 2 years. He practices some kind of martial arts where he can put a man down by holding on to one of his fingers, or 2 big men at the same time, even though he's not much over 5 feet tall. He sometimes give demonstrations at our local obon festival.

The stuff is usually bunk beany. I would not get involved with a man like that. He is practicing a form of indoctrination. He will only "hold down" his own students. It's more like sideshow hypnosis, of you stick around for two years doing nothing, then you are the type to follow his lead with these "demonstrations". be careful there is some very hokey stuff out there.

• Like 1

Probably at the same time. Wing chun was created by a nun to be able to fight against men. Monks are credited with creating most martial arts. But in reality it probably evolved as a family thing first. ----here son, this is how you. Defeat bad guys when they come to our village--- then after a while specific methods became institutionalize. You are not going to be able to learn five pedal unless you know very specific people. Si fu chong really only teaches those close to him or other martial arts masters. I have donated my school to his teachers and and liniage before when they needed a place to train and i have trained with him becaues of my connections and letting his students use my school, but not nearly enough. Like I said its a long drive to Sacramento. I was going to go with him and a group to train at a temple in Thailand for a month. Just qi gong, but swinging with the wife was a no go. I am fairly close with the family he is going to pass it to. Infact the heirs to the system are close friends. SI Fu is getting older, I probably missed the boat on it. Besides that mastering wing chun and bak mei is sort of part of the cariculum. I simply haven't had the time and like I said its a long drive. The style requires a ton of training...... It's not like your corner martial arts school it's the real deal. I'm only 35 I have only been alive long enough to master one set of methods ( but mixed in with a lot of modern fighting). This conversation is motivating me though. The family I mentioned is close enough. Part of the problem is me, in the past I have found wing chun terribly boring, but I am older now maybe I can appreciate it more. Then the benefit of continuing qi gong. Still... It's nearly impossible for me to change my habits as a martial artist, there is no way I could revert to their fighting methods. The way they stand, the way the hold themselves is very foreign and difficult for me. It could only be an augmentation to what I already do.

That was fascinating to read about.

The stuff is usually bunk beany. I would not get involved with a man like that. He is practicing a form of indoctrination. He will only "hold down" his own students. It's more like sideshow hypnosis, of you stick around for two years doing nothing, then you are the type to follow his lead with these "demonstrations". be careful there is some very hokey stuff out there.

Agrees, it does sound like a typical indoctrination type method...And yes some of the showmanship of gi gong type supernatural feats you do have to be careful of. Not saying they are not possible, but it's knowing who is really working with energy and who is working with smoke and mirrors.

• Like 1

He has a lot of respect from the elders at the Buddhist temple. I'm a 64 year old grandma, not likely to engage in martial arts training anyway. Plus I always follow my own instincts, which makes me a very bad student & follower. It seems I can get with the program for a limited time, then my skepticism & critical thinking kicks in, and when that happens I wander out of my place in the hierarchy, which drives most teachers crazy. I've never been good at staying in the place other people have put me in. My very first bumper sticker said Question Authority, I guess that says it all.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

How do you make it stop?

Are you asking how to stop or slow down the energy flow? If so, I close down my crown chakra, so it's no bigger than 3" in diameter. That usually works for most people. It's easy to do, happy to describe the process. It takes just a few minutes, and once you've done it a few times, it gets easier.

Only the true originals most likely. Overtime many different styles emerged for Self Defense, Combat, Sports, and Spirituality.