Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

12 Pillars

DeepDark

Has anyone ever heard of a group of beings called the 12 Pillars? Whether it be in books, dreams, past life regressions, astral travel, anything. They are supposed to be a group of 6 masculine and 6 feminine energies who each represent one of the primordial forces but are not the forces themselves. Such as Air, Earth, Light, Dark, ect. All 12 come together at certain points of great change in the world and universe whether it be for good or bad. They are not ultimate beings or being with great and special power. Just a group that brings about change. Does anyone know of this or am I just crazy and chasing a fantasy?

hmmmm 12 pillars, 12 pillars, 12 pillars... i do remember what you have mentioned in the post, but can not put my finger on it... but sound like a mythology story

You may not know, but I like to watch many movies, especially sci-fi, and since some sci-fi movie have references of real mythologies (eg Thor) maybe thats where I heard of it..

I will get back to you, if I do remember it

Very good find davros, I to was thinking on the same era time frame, Greek/Roman, History/Mythology...

but the mention of energies who each represent one of the primordial forces needs more description

• Like 1

@Davros That actually surprisingly helps quite a bit. Thank you!

@Skeptc They are beings who, I believe, take the form of where ever they are. Like, for example, here on Earth they would be human. They've had many lives together and also alone. Along with representing the primordial forces they also represent a virtue, such as strength or loyalty, and something unique to each individual Pillar.

• Like 1

Not 12 Pillars, but I know of one of the Monkey King stories where the Buddha challenges him to jump out of Buddha's hand and get to the Five Pillars at the end of creation (or the five pillars of creation, I can't remember which, although given what happens in the story, Pillars of Creation makes sense in context) the Monkey King does so and because he's Monkey grafittis the place and p***es on one of the pillars.

He travels back to Buddha who shows him Buddha's hand, compete with graffiti and wet patch.

Aren't there a certain number of pillars od wisdom in Islamic philosophy? Or am I thinking Mormonism?

Aren't there a certain number of pillars od wisdom in Islamic philosophy? Or am I thinking Mormonism?

"Seven Pillars of Wisdom" is the title of T.E. Lawrence's autobiographical story about WW1 in the Middle East. A good read, albeit the first two hundred pages or so are an exhaustive description of Arabian politics circa 1915.

• Like 1

Deep Dark... do you recall a dragon and king kai, on this topic

12 tribes of Israel, 12 apostles/disciples, 12 articles of faith, 12 months in a year.

There is lots of 12's in history from what I can recall. So it could be anything really but very cool topic.

• Like 1

@Skeptc Do you mean from Dragon Ball Z? XD And no, I don't. I don't recall there being anything about 12 Pillars in the show.

@Peter Cox Yes, there are! I've done a lot of research on the number 12 and its pops up in many religions and beliefs.

Has anyone ever heard of a group of beings called the 12 Pillars? Whether it be in books, dreams, past life regressions, astral travel, anything. They are supposed to be a group of 6 masculine and 6 feminine energies who each represent one of the primordial forces but are not the forces themselves. Such as Air, Earth, Light, Dark, ect. All 12 come together at certain points of great change in the world and universe whether it be for good or bad. They are not ultimate beings or being with great and special power. Just a group that brings about change. Does anyone know of this or am I just crazy and chasing a fantasy?

Yeah, I have a vague recollection of a book I once read, by a guy who went to Bosnia, and met a really interesting group of "people".

Emissary of Light: A Vision of Peace by James F. Twyman (Oct 1, 1998)

Also saw a very interesting person when I visited Rosslyn Chapel. One individual. One prayer. Always there.

I have to ask if people think this world is really ready to take a step into the next period of evolution. I just,... I am not so sure we are, as a whole.

One of my favorite movies is "Epoch". While I amm sure everyone thinks it mundane, I find a real message in it, a lasting message.

Edited by regeneratia

I forgot about the 12 Olympians....Shame on me.

http://en.wikipedia....welve_Olympians

Also the 12 Tables.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Twelve_Tables

The commision of ten men maybe of intersted too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decemviri

The secret counsul of 3.

http://en.wikipedia....rst_Triumvirate

Ancient trinity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitoline_Triad

Then finally the magic number 7.

http://www.unexplain...60#entry5074763

Edited by davros of skaro

I found the 12 Pillars of Success on Google... It was unsuccessful. :cry:

Where did you first hear about those 12 pillars??