Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Checkout line fight turns deadly

questionmark

CHANDLER, Ariz., Feb. 17 (UPI) -- A checkout line fight at a Walmart store in Chandler, Ariz., Sunday afternoon escalated into gunfire that left one man dead, police said.

Ahhh, another

"blood thirsty savage Americans with guns thread". The same rehash of pointless, point counter - point repackaged as news. Basically degenrating into - because some are idiots then all should be denied their rights. Thank you, no.

• Like 5

in the related news, deaths since 1\1\2014

Abortion: 158130 Heart Disease: 85312 Cancer: 71770 Tobacco: 45650 Obesity: 40041 Medical Errors: 25433 Stroke: 19583 Lower Respiratory Disease: 16158 Accident (unintentional): 14177 Hospital Associated Infection: 12912 Alcohol: 13043 Diabetes: 9497 Alzheimer's Disease: 8586 Influenza/Pneumonia: 8018 Kidney Failure: 5577 Blood Infection: 4365 Suicide: 4814 Drunk Driving: 4409 Unintentional Poisoning: 4142 All Drug Abuse: 3261 Homicide: 2191 Prescription Drug Overdose: 1956 Murder by gun: 1499 Texting while Driving: 781 Pedestrian: 652 Drowning: 511 Fire Related: 456 Malnutrition: 362 Domestic Violence: 190 Smoking in Bed: 102 Falling out of Bed: 77 Killed by Falling Tree: 19 Struck by Lightning: 11 Mass Shooting: 0 Spontaneous Combustion:

more than 2x as many died from DUI, and i don't see a single thread on what to do about dui, not a single politician talks about dui.

i'll keep my gun, thanks.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

In Canadian Walmarts people just buy things and leave.

But it takes all kinds I guess.

Not here. You go to a store and die.

Ahhh, another

"blood thirsty savage Americans with guns thread". The same rehash of pointless, point counter - point repackaged as news. Basically degenrating into - because some are idiots then all should be denied their rights. Thank you, no.

pretty much, didn't take long for them to come out. them and race batters does not take long to come up with more bi..ng and moaning .

• Like 3

I wonder if they got pictures for the people of walmart website?

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

and the gun nuts smile with pride.

and so do the llamas... they don't have guns and go along with anything...

• Like 1

They actually did a study that shows every time there is a mass shooting, public support for gun control lessens. So I imagine these stories have the same effect. just saying. But yeah this sucks for the person who got shot.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/02/12/why-mass-shootings-havent-ushered-in-a-n

"Looking at polling data from the last few shooting cycles, Blackman and Baird conclude that there isn't just a regression to the mean, but that "the mean is in fact declining. In other words, after each spike subsides, support for gun control is even lower than it was before the shooting." They don't think this pattern is inevitable, but for now, "Less support for gun control laws after tragedies is the normal reaction to mass shootings. Not the other way around."

Final-Polling-Data.png

Edited by spartan max2

Oh, the "association, not causation" aka famous denial tactic.

pretty obvious, that people know that gun control, no matter what kind wont stop sickos, not to mention gvmnt showed numerous times they are simply unable to do anything about it.

thus support for gun control as known FAILED approach, is getting smaller and smaller.

not to mention at this point, all these gunhatters arguments like this "stop the madness, stop killing of our children" bs does not fly anymore and actually works against them.,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

They actually did a study that shows every time there is a mass shooting, public support for gun control lessens. So I imagine these stories have the same effect. just saying. But yeah this sucks for the person who got shot.

http://reason.com/bl...-ushered-in-a-n

"Looking at polling data from the last few shooting cycles, Blackman and Baird conclude that there isn't just a regression to the mean, but that "the mean is in fact declining. In other words, after each spike subsides, support for gun control is even lower than it was before the shooting." They don't think this pattern is inevitable, but for now, "Less support for gun control laws after tragedies is the normal reaction to mass shootings. Not the other way around."

Final-Polling-Data.png

I think that's because they don't want to be the next victim.
  • Like 2

I think that's because they don't want to be the next victim.

Well, I hope I am never next to the end result of that: a nice saloon shootout with everybody shooting at everybody.

Don't you know if a gun isn't used its not really murder.

i do now, and also it seems to me, it is not a murder unless happened in usa by a gun.

Edited by aztek

Well, I hope I am never next to the end result of that: a nice saloon shootout with everybody shooting at everybody.

you mean like in Vermont, or others shall issue carry states??? oh, wait, it does not happen there, VT crime is the lowest in usa. ,. so much for you fantasy,.

• Like 1

0DCesoN.jpg

and if he loses it....makes him tw.. of the year award

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

in the related news, deaths since 1\1\2014

Abortion: 158130 Heart Disease: 85312 Cancer: 71770 Tobacco: 45650 Obesity: 40041 Medical Errors: 25433 Stroke: 19583 Lower Respiratory Disease: 16158 Accident (unintentional): 14177 Hospital Associated Infection: 12912 Alcohol: 13043 Diabetes: 9497 Alzheimer's Disease: 8586 Influenza/Pneumonia: 8018 Kidney Failure: 5577 Blood Infection: 4365 Suicide: 4814 Drunk Driving: 4409 Unintentional Poisoning: 4142 All Drug Abuse: 3261 Homicide: 2191 Prescription Drug Overdose: 1956 Murder by gun: 1499 Texting while Driving: 781 Pedestrian: 652 Drowning: 511 Fire Related: 456 Malnutrition: 362 Domestic Violence: 190 Smoking in Bed: 102 Falling out of Bed: 77 Killed by Falling Tree: 19 Struck by Lightning: 11 Mass Shooting: 0 Spontaneous Combustion:

more than 2x as many died from DUI, and i don't see a single thread on what to do about dui, not a single politician talks about dui.

i'll keep my gun, thanks.

If you replace 'murder by gun' into 'gun related deaths' the number jumps up to a frightening high and your point looks less logical.

If you replace 'murder by gun' into 'gun related deaths' the number jumps up to a frightening high and your point looks less logical.

but i'm not gonna replace anything, gun death is a gun death, no matter how you call it. and no numbers will not jump anywhere.

10 times as many people died this year from hospital infections, and 30 times more died from medical mistakes,. than from gun related deaths.

now go ahead, show us how you can make gun related numbers frightening high. please do.

Edited by aztek

but i'm not gonna replace anything, gun death is a gun death, no matter how you call it. and no numbers will not jump anywhere.

10 times as many people died this year from hospital infections, and 30 times more died from medical mistakes,. than from gun related deaths.

now go ahead, show us how you can make gun related numbers frightening high. please do.

Don't worry, I did not ask you to replace anything. I just thought that the numbers would look more fair.

I really dislike this argument (especially when Piers Morgan said it), as it makes no sense. The bad guy is going to get a gun if they are legal or not. And if he was deliberately killing civilians at close range, with you being the next victim in their sights, you wouldn't want someone to shoot back?

It's like saying "No, you can't stop that man from killing me, I might be killed!"

• Like 2