Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Exploding Toilet Burns Woman!

Eldorado

"A woman has had to undergo skin grafting on her legs after she was badly burnt in a methane gas explosion caused by the lack of ventilation and cleanliness of a Barcelona bar toilet."

"When the woman switched on the light, a spark acted as a trigger for the methane gas which filled the toilet.

As the victim was sitting down, the gas was compressed therefore causing a strong blast."

Source: http://www.thelocal.es/20140214/exploding-toilet-leaves-woman-badly-burnt

This is why I carry a canary in a cage when there's a chance I may have to 'visit' a public toilet. Poor lady.

• Like 4

decades of **** left uncleaned in the toilet goes KABOOOOM in barcelona

• Like 1

decades of **** left uncleaned in the toilet goes KABOOOOM in barcelona

Decades of other peoples farts. In an enclosed, confined space! She must have been desperate. I hope. *adds Barcelona to list of places to visit while wearing a hazmat suit*

• Like 2

let me guess...Taco Bell?

or... la tasca

• Like 1

Dang right she's suing them. That has got to suck. I mean really. Wonder if any bands were playing in the toilet?

• Like 2

Dang right she's suing them. That has got to suck. I mean really. Wonder if any bands were playing in the toilet?

Those B-52s again?

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Hmm. I'm starting to think air tight rooms for bathrooms and barns aren't the way to go.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hope they have sacked the cleaner after this.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Hope they have sacked the cleaner after this.

They had one to sack?!? :blink:
  • Like 2

Does anyone know if there is any truth at all in this story? I know this has been going the rounds for decades but urban legends have been known to come true, but there are no details at all in it.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is any truth at all in this story? I know this has been going the rounds for decades but urban legends have been known to come true, but there are no details at all in it.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Not without knowing Spanish, I'm afraid. :(

This particular story originates from a radio station, allegedly. http://www.catradio.cat/endirecte/

You could ask if it was a joke news item, if you have Spanish.

Edited by Eldorado