Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scotland could join EU in 18 months

questionmark

An independent Scotland could expect to become a member of the European Union within 18 months of a yes vote, according to a senior EU negotiator.

Graham Avery, the European Commission's honorary director general, said the UK government's position on Scotland in Europe was "perplexing" and "absurd".

He also told a Holyrood committee the country could not be compelled to join the euro or Schengen travel area.

read more

ooops?

I wonder what the average Scot thinks of this? Not that your average Scot has a say so, like any where else however the rich believe they can maximize thier own profits, pleebs be damned, that's the way they'll go.

I wonder what the average Scot thinks of this? Not that your average Scot has a say so, like any where else however the rich believe they can maximize thier own profits, pleebs be damned, that's the way they'll go.

I can tell you from trops to Scotland that many would enjoy an independent Scotland. However, that is without being faced with an actual concept, which might change a lot.

But there are so many Scots on this board, and it would be nice hearing their opinion on this. And if my perception from my trips was wrong, please let me know. :)

So Scotland can gain independence later this year then be ruled by Europe 18 months later. Go for it Scotland :tu:

• Like 1

I wonder what the average Scot thinks of this?

The average Scot is wondering what Deep Fried Apples would taste like.

• Like 1