Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Experiences + Picture

Drayno

Now, this story starts back to the time I joined UM around six years ago. Please read all of this.

This is a story I haven't shared with anyone, so refrain from criticism, because there's a picture at the bottom of this post.

I'm an Agnostic, a bit of a religious skeptic, but I'm open minded about the supernatural and ghosts because of the following account.

I was in ranch-style house I lived in, in Florida. I was in the process of moving, all the furniture was gone. I was in my room with my computer, a sleeping bag, a bag of clothes, and a small 15" television with the original Xbox. My parents were in their room. There wasn't a drop of anything else in the house. The only other furniture or objects were with my parents, in their room.

I started hearing drawers being opened and slammed repeatedly in the dining room, on the other side of the wall from my room. I opened the door, and the sounds stopped. Twenty or so minutes later, it began again. I was confused, since the desk that was in the room (that I'm currently on right now), had been taken by the Mayflower moving company back up to Virginia. Eventually, I began hearing footsteps in my room, voices saying my name, and I looked up online for any paranormal boards I could find. Unexplained Mysteries, of course, was the first one that came up, and I joined and made a topic.

Someone told me to get my cat, since they are in tune with the spiritual side of things, and as I went to grab my cat, the fireplace chain was picked up level to my height at the time, directly in front of me, and the sounds continued for several hours. On the advice of several members, I put my headphones on and drowned out the noises and listened to music and watched various videos on Youtube. The next night came around, and I was cleaning the baseboards of the Florida room, which of course had around eight or nine windows. All open. Dark as can be outside. I looked through the window on the left hand side, closest to the door, where you were able to look into the kitchen window above the sink, and saw a white face with black holes where its eyes were supposed to be.

I moved the next day, and my new house, which was three times the size of my old one, brought some interesting experiences. The first several nights in my new house I would wake up and hear a girl screaming. I would tell my parents about it, but they said they wouldn't hear it. I would take up boxes to the attic, leaving the light switch turned on and the door open, and find the door closed and light switch turned off (while home alone). I would see shadows out of my peripherals, feel weight shift at the end of my bed like someone sat down on it and was watching me. Some times I would even hear breathing. One such occasion (I had sliding glass mirror doors that took up half the wall), a passing car illuminated my entire room, and in the mirrors I saw a black figure sitting in my desk chair, turned towards me.

I immediately covered up those mirrors with blankets.

Other than that, I would continue to experience deja-vu, have lucid, seemingly clairvoyant dreams that tied in with my deja-vu, see shadows, see reflections of people in the shiny knobs of the cupboard, or hear the breathing, feel the weight shift, and feel like I was being watched all the time. I would wake up with large, gaping scratches across my body, and eventually began to question my sanity.

Eventually, I moved to a new house a year and a half later, and one evening I turned around from the cupboard and saw the face I had seen in Florida. I just recall staring into the blackness of where its eyes were supposed to be. Its face was less than half an inch from my own, like it was connected by the nose, if that makes any sense. I couldn't discern any details other than pure whiteness where its face was supposed to be, and would frequently refuse to go downstairs at night after that experience. I just recall that blackness, and to this day, it leaves an empty feeling in my stomach.

Eventually, I began dating a girl this past August, discovering many similarities between us. We had the same blanket as children, both our grandmother's had doll rooms, we had identical views and attitudes towards the world, etc. I ironically had a dream about her house, and about her living in a culdesac, never having seen or been near her house, told her about it, and discovered she lived in one. She eventually revealed to me things started happening around her several months later, and that she'd have dreams about a black eyed figure chasing her down.

Eventually she told me she'd hear footsteps, felt watched all the time. Would hear random objects fall around her house; her little brother started telling her about things he was hearing, that were similar in nature to what she experienced. She had three sharp scratches bellow her naval, like a cat scratched her, but she doesn't own a cat, and couldn't explain why they were there (she bites her nails like me, and couldn't have scratched that deep). She would wake up feel like she was being choked, discover marks on her neck, and began hearing an old voice in her head, speaking an unknown language. Eventually, she told me she saw it at her college, standing in the corner of the room.. And this was after she had starting seeing it, waking up from sleeping, standing by her bed in the middle of the night, watching her.

How I know she was telling the truth was that she described what it looked like to me, before I even told her its appearance..

However, a few days ago, on her iPhone, she was taking pictures of the incense smoke in her room that she was about to post on her tumblr, and ran across this picture that I am about to post. And its appearance is exactly that of what I saw in Florida, and what I saw in my kitchen. She sent me this picture several nights ago, and I uploaded it to my e-mail, and downloaded it to attach it to this post.

post-67646-0-35195400-1392874840_thumb.j

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 2

Sorry I'm unable to give you any answers. I got a chill looking at the photo of the face.

In a way it's possible that there's more than one spirit involved here, some might be friendly and even departed relatives and there may just be a group of them attracted to the house. Or another possibility is that your parents might've dabbled in something a long time ago and the negative energy lingers.

Either way it's likely that both you and your gf were drawn together by a good force.

Put salt around the edges of your house and at the front door.

• Like 2

jesse, I let you explain what paredolia is. also, nice storytelling

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 3

Hm, well I'll probably disappoint you here, but I think you might have some self confirming hallucinations here. Now note, this is NOT an insult. I get the same thing all the time when reading bizarre/ supernatural type stories. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Slrnderman in the lemon tree after a night of reading good internet stories. I suspect going to paranormal boards after a few strange experiences might have done something similar.

As for the photo, can I ask what the context is? Its very odd for a cellphone pic. In fact it looks a bit more like a Polaroid pic of cigarette smoke.

Edit: See people, this is how you post a proper paranormal story. Explain the situation, get some photo or video evidence, and you'll be taken a bit more seriously. Not just "OMG there's a demon in te closit!! Praise me!!!"

Good on you Drayno!

Edited by DecoNoir
  • Like 3

Could be paranoia. I know that even as a skeptic myself, I've such a vivid imagination (and crap sleeping patterns) that influence things like hearing voices, seeing things etc the more I think about it, the more prevalent it becomes. Before slenderman became a 'thing' I was told about him by a friend. This was about 2010. The night I found out about him I was paranoid as all hell as I had to walk home on a foggy night by myself at about 2AM and kept looking about at every little shadow I saw in the fog. Same for when I'm on the verge of sleep; I hear things (babies crying, bones popping and this weird hissing noise all the time). I sometimes see things too when I'm in sleep paralysis though I know it's all in my mind.

However, if what you're seeing is real then I feel bad for you, son (99 problems and a ghost ain't one) because I hate faces like that. Long, blank faces with dark eyes freak me out and I've had trouble with things like that in nightmares since I was a kid. Be cautious of the smoke thing though because if you look hard enough at smoke you'll see anything you want.

Maybe it'd be cool to ask the people who live in your Florida house if they hear/see things. Or maybe they'll chase you off for scaring them.

Edited by Sean93

As for the picture, I see a 'snow monster with it's mouth open'.

On the advice of several members, I put my headphones on and drowned out the noises and listened to music and watched various videos on Youtube.

What kind of advice is that? were they telling you to drown it out and ignore it?

I moved the next day, and my new house, which was three times the size of my old one,

Did you move out of the house because of the experiences you've had (including the one you mentioned) or was it for some other reason?

brought some interesting experiences. The first several nights in my new house I would wake up and hear a girl screaming. I would tell my parents about it, but they said they wouldn't hear it. I would take up boxes to the attic, leaving the light switch turned on and the door open, and find the door closed and light switch turned off (while home alone). I would see shadows out of my peripherals, feel weight shift at the end of my bed like someone sat down on it and was watching me. Some times I would even hear breathing. One such occasion (I had sliding glass mirror doors that took up half the wall), a passing car illuminated my entire room, and in the mirrors I saw a black figure sitting in my desk chair, turned towards me.

Interesting, the only thing I can think of is, that it was someone standing outside the window, and the car illuminated him/her, possibly. I don't know your house, so I can't be sure.

Eventually, I moved to a new house a year and a half later, and one evening I turned around from the cupboard and saw the face I had seen in Florida. I just recall staring into the blackness of where its eyes were supposed to be. Its face was less than half an inch from my own, like it was connected by the nose, if that makes any sense. I couldn't discern any details other than pure whiteness where its face was supposed to be, and would frequently refuse to go downstairs at night after that experience. I just recall that blackness, and to this day, it leaves an empty feeling in my stomach.

Was it the same face, did you feel like it knows you?

Eventually, I began dating a girl this past August, discovering many similarities between us. We had the same blanket as children, both our grandmother's had doll rooms, we had identical views and attitudes towards the world, etc.

How did the conversation about the blankets start?

I ironically had a dream about her house, and about her living in a culdesac, never having seen or been near her house, told her about it, and discovered she lived in one. She eventually revealed to me things started happening around her several months later, and that she'd have dreams about a black eyed figure chasing her down.

Did you ever feel like she was meant to be, like it was your destiny? did you ever dream about meeting her?

Eventually she told me she'd hear footsteps, felt watched all the time. Would hear random objects fall around her house; her little brother started telling her about things he was hearing, that were similar in nature to what she experienced. She had three sharp scratches bellow her naval, like a cat scratched her, but she doesn't own a cat, and couldn't explain why they were there (she bites her nails like me, and couldn't have scratched that deep). She would wake up feel like she was being choked, discover marks on her neck, and began hearing an old voice in her head, speaking an unknown language. Eventually, she told me she saw it at her college, standing in the corner of the room.. And this was after she had starting seeing it, waking up from sleeping, standing by her bed in the middle of the night, watching her.

Her scratches were similar to yours? You ever seen the dark being thing outside what was your house?

She sent me this picture several nights ago, and I uploaded it to my e-mail, and downloaded it to attach it to this post.

For me the pic looks like an extract from a bigger pic just to reinforce an impression, like done here.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

yawns* scary indeed. calm your mind and clear it. your mind is the most powerful part of humans after all. control it and you will be surprised of what you can do with your mind. i went through paranoia before i think and all i remember is i imagined a trash bin then a paper and what i been fear of. put the "fear" wrapped in a paper and throw it in the trash and never look back and sleep and for me, that mind set is a part of what i called "brainwash" or mind reset about things around you. fight your negativity with positivity energy and double it with positive people and surroundings. it is all about the mind set and just don't let "it" bring you down to their negativity energy zone, it will make you think you losing your mind.sometimes a little bit prayer can flow in the positive energy to your mind set and help you thru. religious is just a practice of mind controlling your own beliefs and stuff which keep you pretty much to stay in positive energy to prevent negativity thoughts that can destroy a personality.

and about the similarities of people experiences, its a nature of mind to able to connect other people mind and usually it happens unconsciously. Humans go through the same bull**** everyday only with different time and places and different people. when you go through those stuff, always remember somewhere on earth and some people actually can feel other people experiences through the power of mind they have. its like a statics waves and a radio receiver but its a brain waves and mind receiver. some people able to decode the waves and interpret it with their mind set and when they receive it they will feel like they go through it as the person who gives out the brain waves. Probably what people called telepathy stuff. well, i don't know much more.it is just an opinion. if both negativity can't get through to positivity , then one of you need to generate positive mind double times to change the negativity to positivity view.

re-arrange your mind set. if its still there, seek for professional positive consultant in any way you can. Make sure it is safe. good luck.

Sorry I'm unable to give you any answers. I got a chill looking at the photo of the face.

In a way it's possible that there's more than one spirit involved here, some might be friendly and even departed relatives and there may just be a group of them attracted to the house. Or another possibility is that your parents might've dabbled in something a long time ago and the negative energy lingers.

Either way it's likely that both you and your gf were drawn together by a good force.

Put salt around the edges of your house and at the front door.

Well, considering how close she and I are naturally, I wouldn't rule out the possibility!

jesse, I let you explain what paredolia is. also, nice storytelling

http://www.skepdic.com/pareidol.html

I see what you're saying about the picture Brian.

But with her and I's experiences, her describing the same thing without me describing it, and her picture paint an interesting situation.

Thank you, though.

Hm, well I'll probably disappoint you here, but I think you might have some self confirming hallucinations here. Now note, this is NOT an insult. I get the same thing all the time when reading bizarre/ supernatural type stories. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Slrnderman in the lemon tree after a night of reading good internet stories. I suspect going to paranormal boards after a few strange experiences might have done something similar.

As for the photo, can I ask what the context is? Its very odd for a cellphone pic. In fact it looks a bit more like a Polaroid pic of cigarette smoke.

Edit: See people, this is how you post a proper paranormal story. Explain the situation, get some photo or video evidence, and you'll be taken a bit more seriously. Not just "OMG there's a demon in te closit!! Praise me!!!"

Good on you Drayno!

Well, she has a back room attached to her main room where she burns incense and smokes. So it's the combination of several different kinds of smoke. As I was outside smoking a cigarette and enjoying a light snowfall, she sent me the picture. From what I can tell, it looks like she focused in on the picture. Which isn't hard to do with an iPhone (I have an iPhone 4 and she has an iPhone 5, and the photo editing options are easy to access, like cropping, or changing the contrast). That isn't to say you can do some photo shop or anything of the sort on an iPhone. Considering the experiences she's reiterated to me, I doubt she'd have any motivation to fake the picture.

As for the physical phenomena like the light switches being turned off and the door closing, in the time span of me going downstairs, while home alone - in conjunction with all the other things I was experiencing... I don't know. As skeptical as I am to begin with, I realized you have to experience things in succession until it becomes apparent that there's a trend. I wasn't on any psychotropic medication at the time, nor was I doing any drugs or drinking alcohol. I had been to counseling before, but it was mostly just a result of home troubles than any sort of problems with my mental health. So, having gone through such a succession of experiences for months, I began to consider it wasn't delusions of grandeur. After seeing the fire place chain being picked up in front of me the very first night, I knew I wasn't just imagining things.

Could be paranoia. I know that even as a skeptic myself, I've such a vivid imagination (and crap sleeping patterns) that influence things like hearing voices, seeing things etc the more I think about it, the more prevalent it becomes. Before slenderman became a 'thing' I was told about him by a friend. This was about 2010. The night I found out about him I was paranoid as all hell as I had to walk home on a foggy night by myself at about 2AM and kept looking about at every little shadow I saw in the fog. Same for when I'm on the verge of sleep; I hear things (babies crying, bones popping and this weird hissing noise all the time). I sometimes see things too when I'm in sleep paralysis though I know it's all in my mind.

However, if what you're seeing is real then I feel bad for you, son (99 problems and a ghost ain't one) because I hate faces like that. Long, blank faces with dark eyes freak me out and I've had trouble with things like that in nightmares since I was a kid. Be cautious of the smoke thing though because if you look hard enough at smoke you'll see anything you want.

Maybe it'd be cool to ask the people who live in your Florida house if they hear/see things. Or maybe they'll chase you off for scaring them.

I suppose, like Brian pointed out about the pareidolia, you start to see what you want.

The thing was, I had experienced random little phenomena over the years; when I was eight I thought I saw a doll turns its head (like I said in the OP, my grandmother had a doll room), a girl standing in my doorway when I was nine and seeing through her into the bathroom across the hall. It was very scattered, and most of the time I left it off as my own imagination playing tricks on me. Around the time I joined, the phenomena began picking up. It became condensed, frequent, for over a year and a half.

As for the picture, I see a 'snow monster with it's mouth open'.

What kind of advice is that? were they telling you to drown it out and ignore it?

Did you move out of the house because of the experiences you've had (including the one you mentioned) or was it for some other reason?

Interesting, the only thing I can think of is, that it was someone standing outside the window, and the car illuminated him/her, possibly. I don't know your house, so I can't be sure.

Was it the same face, did you feel like it knows you?

How did the conversation about the blankets start?

Did you ever feel like she was meant to be, like it was your destiny? did you ever dream about meeting her?

Her scratches were similar to yours? You ever seen the dark being thing outside what was your house?

They were basically telling me not to feed it with my fear, and to yeah, drown out the noises.

I was in the process of moving because my dad had gotten a job out of state; moved up to Virginia from Florida, and was away for several months, and then came back down to move my mom and I back up to the house he had gotten and had been staying at. It just happened in the middle of me moving, for some reason.

I was on the second story, on a hill, and the chair and desk were directly to the left of my bed, in between my bed and the wall. And directly below that, from the middle of my bed, was the mirror. The thing was my chair was always pushed in at night so my parents wouldn't think I was up when I wasn't supposed to be (which I was), and the chair was pulled out, even though I had pushed it in several hours before. The figure itself, I couldn't make out any details. Other than I heard someone there, and saw a dark outline.

The face is the same face I've seen, yes.

And I just brought the blanket out of my closest and she freaked out, saying she had the same one as a kid. And even showed me a picture a few months ago of it.

I have felt like I was meant to meet her, sometimes. She and I are very close, and I've never clicked with anyone so instantaneously before.

Yes, very similar. Deep, like a cat scratched you. I've been biting my nails since I was five, and have scratched myself in my sleep, but the results are drastically different.

For me the pic looks like an extract from a bigger pic just to reinforce an impression, like done here.

She could very well have cropped it for emphasis.

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 2

yawns* scary indeed. calm your mind and clear it. your mind is the most powerful part of humans after all. control it and you will be surprised of what you can do with your mind. i went through paranoia before i think and all i remember is i imagined a trash bin then a paper and what i been fear of. put the "fear" wrapped in a paper and throw it in the trash and never look back and sleep and for me, that mind set is a part of what i called "brainwash" or mind reset about things around you. fight your negativity with positivity energy and double it with positive people and surroundings. it is all about the mind set and just don't let "it" bring you down to their negativity energy zone, it will make you think you losing your mind.sometimes a little bit prayer can flow in the positive energy to your mind set and help you thru. religious is just a practice of mind controlling your own beliefs and stuff which keep you pretty much to stay in positive energy to prevent negativity thoughts that can destroy a personality.

and about the similarities of people experiences, its a nature of mind to able to connect other people mind and usually it happens unconsciously. Humans go through the same bull**** everyday only with different time and places and different people. when you go through those stuff, always remember somewhere on earth and some people actually can feel other people experiences through the power of mind they have. its like a statics waves and a radio receiver but its a brain waves and mind receiver. some people able to decode the waves and interpret it with their mind set and when they receive it they will feel like they go through it as the person who gives out the brain waves. Probably what people called telepathy stuff. well, i don't know much more.it is just an opinion. if both negativity can't get through to positivity , then one of you need to generate positive mind double times to change the negativity to positivity view.

re-arrange your mind set. if its still there, seek for professional positive consultant in any way you can. Make sure it is safe. good luck.

I've been meditating and burning candles and incense as a way to ensure I'm not over-stressing about things.

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

• Like 1

Do you still see the dark figure these days? still have dreams and nightmares? or has it faded in frequency with time?

Do you still see the dark figure these days? still have dreams and nightmares? or has it faded in frequency with time?

Actually, not really. And with her being the one to experience all of this, I have a feeling it shifted its attention from me to her.

As for the dreams and nightmares, I have insomnia, so I don't sleep, because I have very vivid, lucid nightmares when I do sleep.

As for the dreams and nightmares, I have insomnia, so I don't sleep, because I have very vivid, lucid nightmares when I do sleep.

I'm sorry to hear that, I used to have real trouble sleeping a few years ago, made my world feel upside down. Did you seek any help for your insomnia? if you can't sleep at all, i think that's a big problem.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that, I used to have real trouble sleeping a few years ago, made my world feel upside down. Did you seek any help for your insomnia? if you can't sleep at all, i think that's a big problem.

I've already contacted a psychiatrist to prescribe some sleep aides!

Unfortunately, I still have another month to wait.

Way to go American healthcare (but that's another issue entirely, dude) !

Edited by Drayno

Drayno, why do *you* think she cropped and shrank the picture? Have you asked her, and is there some reason why she wouldn't provide the original?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's a very creepy photograph. I find it interesting that you both share the same experiences even before the two of you met. I can't say for sure what happened but I find it hard to believe that it's just a hallucination because how can you both hallucinate the same thing?

Again, I'm not sure what to make of it but it sounds like something's attached to you, as you described it being there and things happening when you moved from house to house. I'm a strong believer in the paranormal but I don't want to say that it's something when it's not.

This is just my opinion but it does sound to me like something is going on with both of you

One person telling another a story can feed your mind. When she explained to you what she saw, that could have triggered something in your mind, making you think that is what you saw.

" ya, that's what I saw "

You said you posted this before? Is the description of that thing in that post?

As for the picture. I have seen, and taken very similar pics on purpose with smoke. Try it yourself.

• Like 1

Interesting story.

If I was in your shoes I'd be doing house clearing and protecting myself. I lived for 2-3 years in a house which had a demon in it (I later found out that the 2 past tennets previously there had been Satanists).

My situation thou wasnt anywhere near as dramatic as yours sounds, my haunting considered of not that small objects vanishing and later reappearing in strange places eg on the toilet seat.. except a dramatic experience I had with the fire in the fireplace. My house used to freak out friends too (the something is watching feeling thing with a not nice feeling). If a friend stayed over, they end up banging on the bedroom door in the middle of the night, wanting to sleep in the same room cause of being scared by "feeling eyes watching".

When I moved, we got occassionally thing happen, both my children had stuff thrown at them (that was probably the thing which worried me some but the issues werent very common (and what I know was a house haunting demon had been left behind), so I wasnt all that worried about a haunted house and never thought of my second house as being so. Once had a door knob turn and a door open itself and on another occassion a crystal slide a bit along the bookshelf. My youngest thou did suffer in that house and incidences often scared her (she's a natural medium thou ...her experiences were a bit like the movie Six Sense but my daughter was experiencing that stuff before that movie ever done so I know she didnt get it from there ), I doubt things would of been different no matter where we were living.. it wasnt the house it was her.

Edited by sea-dove

As for the picture. I have seen, and taken very similar pics on purpose with smoke. Try it yourself.

Do you mind sharing one of the pics you took with smoke?. Im wondering just how real someone can get something in a pic to look which is just done with smoke.

Do you mind sharing one of the pics you took with smoke?. Im wondering just how real someone can get something in a pic to look which is just done with smoke.

It is posted here somewhere..Not searching until I am off..Work 16 hour days....

But, for now..

smoke.png

smoke_texture2788.jpg

14661332-human-scull-appearing-in-smoke.jpg

• Like 3

It is posted here somewhere..Not searching until I am off..Work 16 hour days....

But, for now

Thank you.. it does show how easily it would be to probably get a face or image out of smoke.

Edited by sea-dove