Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Hopkinsville Kelly encounter

Ryinrea

This is a strange tale involving a family back in 1955 were they had been attacked by unknown 3-5 feet tall creatures were they had seen a bright flash of light go across the sky before hand. During the time after they saw the light they had a terrifying encounter which apparently led too a shoot out with these creatures when they kept on coming back to their small home in Hopkinsville. This incident apparently caused them to go in too debt to repair their home and apparently a theory was these creatures were owls.

[image]http://www.ufocasebook.com/kellyaliens.jpg[/image]

Edited by Ryinrea
  • Like 1

Not again please.. :no:

• Like 1

Sorry was this brought up already just saw this case today

Haha

If this is the case iam thinking of its pretty interesting people say it was monkeys that broke out of the circus

I loved this story when I was a young man thoroughly convinced that aliens were visiting us back in the late 70s/early 80s,I think its because its like a 50s sci fi film brought to life.I reckon they got freaked out by something,possibly owls and then started blasting away.

• Like 2

One explanation I've heard is they were drunk and shooting at owls.

Or sexual abuse.

Possibly mass hallucination.

• Like 1

I loved this story when I was a young man thoroughly convinced that aliens were visiting us back in the late 70s/early 80s,I think its because its like a 50s sci fi film brought to life.I reckon they got freaked out by something,possibly owls and then started blasting away.

This was by far my favorite UFO story back in the 70's. Unfortunately their description of the "aliens" is too close to owls:

• Big orange eyes just like owls.
  • "Large floppy ears" are fluttering wings.
  • "Claws held up under their heads" are exactly where owl talons are.
  • One creature floated/flew down from the roof just like an owl.
  • The lower bodies were barely visible because owls don't have them.
  • Owls are creepy when you don't expect them or are drunk.

Add in that they never got a good look at them. The area around the house was dark. They saw some of the "aliens" only through windows. Shooting their guns at things through window glass showed that they were acting irrationally. They're lucky someone didn't get injured.

The case makes no sense. Why would aliens go out of their way to play pranks on a bunch of drunk hillbillies with guns? Why did the aliens run and hide when the sheriff showed up, then return after he left?

• Like 2

This was by far my favorite UFO story back in the 70's. Unfortunately their description of the "aliens" is too close to owls:

• Big orange eyes just like owls.
  • "Large floppy ears" are fluttering wings.
  • "Claws held up under their heads" are exactly where owl talons are.
  • One creature floated/flew down from the roof just like an owl.
  • The lower bodies were barely visible because owls don't have them.
  • Owls are creepy when you don't expect them or are drunk.

Add in that they never got a good look at them. The area around the house was dark. They saw some of the "aliens" only through windows. Shooting their guns at things through window glass showed that they were acting irrationally. They're lucky someone didn't get injured.

The case makes no sense. Why would aliens go out of their way to play pranks on a bunch of drunk hillbillies with guns? Why did the aliens run and hide when the sheriff showed up, then return after he left?

I tend to agree but why would they be three to five feet owl? But they were apparently could have been a prank that went wrong lol

Edited by Ryinrea

Because dumb, drunken, isolated hillbillies.

Haha agreed its still could have been a prank by kids or something and they were drunk and isolated hillbillies and you know the rest.

Let me tell a story 'bout a man named Jed,

The poor mountaineer that barely kept his family fed,

Then one day he was shootin' at some food,

The aliens fell in the outhouse stool.

post-103357-0-01781700-1393027124_thumb.

I tend to agree but why would they be three to five feet owl? But they were apparently could have been a prank that went wrong lol

Because when owls are angry at you, they'll fly low at your body. It was so dark around the house that the hillbillies couldn't see that the owls were flying and didn't have bodies below their talons.

• Like 1

Wow alcohol and firearms what a great combination and a way to say welcome..

...to America!

:alien: - "We come in peace! We mean you no harm. We are not like owls!"

• Like 2

I find some cases compelling but this one I think those people were sampling too much of there moonshine, :td:

• Like 1

I find some cases compelling but this one I think those people were sampling too much of there moonshine, :td:

Hawkin,

The new Moonshine is pretty good and now comes in different favors.

Hawkin,

The new Moonshine is pretty good and now comes in different favors.

I thought the Mixed Drink was invented due to Moonshine. Back in Prohibition days they would cut it with juice

because it was so strong and serve it in Speak Easys to patrons.

• Like 1

I thought the Mixed Drink was invented due to Moonshine. Back in Prohibition days they would cut it with juice

because it was so strong and serve it in Speak Easys to patrons.

That is probably true, I think they cleaned up there act, just shows you how if you don't stay up with the times it will leave you behind.

That is probably true, I think they cleaned up there act, just shows you how if you don't stay up with the times it will leave you behind.

I take it you watch that reality tv show Moonshiners. :yes:

• Like 1

I wonder just how many of those Moonshiners blow themselfs up each year in the back woods?

I do know that its mostlikely why they see all the UFO`s ,and eat swamp-rats ! :tu:

I wonder just how many of those Moonshiners blow themselfs up each year in the back woods?

I do know that its mostlikely why they see all the UFO`s ,and eat swamp-rats ! :tu:

Were you sipping moonshine when you had your ordeal Mr. D ;)

I take it you watch that reality tv show Moonshiners. :yes:

I have seen a few shows. Friends of mine go South every Fall for quad riding and they bring back Moonshine, it is pretty pricey runs about $40.00 for a quart jar.