Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possession

Puterpaws

So I just watched "The Conjuring" the other night, and yes, I understand that it is a film, but it got me wondering about possession. Does anyone have experience in either being possessed (if you have, I am truly sorry for what you have had to go through) or have witnessed an exorcism? I just wonder if it's similar to how films have portrayed them.

• Like 1

no-one gets possessed, there is a logical explanation for why people act the way they act which seems like they are possessed.... but 7 out of 10 times its a prank hoax

• Like 3

I believe that people can become possessed, but whether it is an outside entity that posses people I am not so sure.

I do not claim to know about the type of possession that was pictured in the film.

It is possible that one can cause the phenomenon by his/herself. For example alcohol abuse can cause possession of sorts.

Though I do not think that mere alcohol use is sole cause of possession.

There are deeper wounds in persons soul or psyche if you will.

To get rid of your possessor is to get to know your demons.

We all have them and to know their names is to know the root cause of ones ill behavior be it alcoholism or something else.

Meditation can be helpful.

Edited by SophiaStar

I think possession by demons or demonic spirits is real but many times it is faked like so many other things. I've never witnessed a possession myself but I have seen a ghost.

This story here I think is real.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/27/a-real-life-demon-possession-is-being-reported-in-indiana-the-details-are-almost-too-horrifying-to-believe/

Considering the complete lack of evidence that 'demons' exist, I would take any claim of possession with a MASSIVE grain of salt. As for you being interested in if film portrayals are accurate, you could try seeking out a Catholic priest who has been trained in exorcism? I'm not sure if that type of instruction is considered classified, or if they would even discuss it with you, but if you truly are interested it could be worth a shot.

• Like 1

I bought a book that supposedly contains the Roman Ritual off ebay...based on the typos in it I am somewhat skeptical. I do remember seeing an interesting episode on SyFy's Paranormal Witness that dealt with a priest in Indiana who trained and performed exorcisms. Although the episode 'recreated' the events, it was intriguing and, if true, pretty shocking and scary what the folks who went through the experience must have dealt with. Here's a link: http://www.syfy.com/paranormalwitness/episodes/season/3/episode/19/the_exorcist

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I was in Sunday school confirmation class my pastor talked of doing an exorcism where a woman was turned into a goat and brought back to her normal self after ridding her of the demon. Sketchy, right?

In college a former friend of mine faked possessions left and right. She'd be possessed by ghosts, demons, and even....faeries. I wasn't buying it. It escalated to the point where we were investigating a grave yard and her boyfriend and her both became "possessed" and started choking each other.

I don't really believe either of the above but I do believe there are forces out there beyond out understanding. Who's to say real possessions can't happen?

• 2 weeks later...

To the original poster

Possession is real, Ive experienced it myself.

As a psychic healer once got called in to try to help another who was completely posssessed.

Scary experience dealing with possessed other.. she had evil voice coming from her (just evil laughing), she was completely not conscious herself..completely unresponsive even to pain.. and her body was weirdly rigid like a plank even when we picked her up and carried her to the lounge (she wasnt bendable).

Before I was called in by her partner to try to help.. she'd been left laying on a cold shower floor not moving from early that morning till late at night when I got the phone call, with him being too scared to go near her. When I got there, her body was so cold, she actually felt like a dead body. She got possessed as we'd worked the day before at a psychic expo doing pranic healing demostrations and she'd been one of the 2 other healers who had been accompanying me with this. I actually think I know the guy she picked up the possession from, we worked on this guy who had the most dreadful discusting energy Ive worked with and I felt something large move in his auric field. She wasnt taking care (didnt do our normal protection stuff before she started doing the healings that day).

Unfortunately I couldnt help this other.. thou I tried help too. I got a healer friend to join me unfortunately he was only a reiki channel and we worked on her for hours.. with no response.. her chakras were like prunes and working on them, her energy field had gone very small, it was near impossible to get her chakras to accept energy.. I was trying to force energy into her unresponsive body (other then the occasssional evil laugh). In the end I had no choice but to get her husband to ring an ambulance (he really didnt want to but there was no way I was going to have her left like that after 18hrs with no water or anything) and they come and picked her up and took her to hospital still completely unresponsive.

She came too the next day in hospital and freaked out.. fled from the hospital and ended up being taken back (they had their security go after her and detained her).. she rang me several days later from the hospital for help but I'd been left scared as whatever she carried was too much for me to be able to help her (that laugh and what the being did to her), so I never went and saw her. (I actually wish I'd been able to film this.. it was really strange.. her plank body even on lifting it). I have no idea what ended up happening to her. Unfortunately at that point of time (this was before I went throu my possession and the clearing of it) I knew of no healer where I are more experienced then myself to aid her.

With myself I messed around with the occult a lot when I was younger (years of trying to learn trance channelling mediumship, trying to bring things within my body, I had lived in a house where a demon was where Satanists had previously lived etc), did things I didnt know better not to do. I didnt know that thinking i was in the state of love and light wasnt enough to protect me when doing healings on others so I wasnt shielding myself. . I was possessed (not like her thou...just in a way in which I'd get not nice thoughts etc.. my father says he once caught me doing something very nasty which I do not remember, or have screwed up memory of). . It took MANY different people (shamans, lightworkers, healers) to free me from the entities I had within me (A couple of born again christian friends had previously tried to help me but I couldnt stay there while they prayed over me.. I would of attacked them and really hurt them so I had to stop them from praying after only a minute of prayers or I was going to hit them, it made me feel like I wanted to kill my friends.. it really made me feel terribly violent as the things within me reacted to their prayers (Im not christian and wouldnt have believed this if I hadnt experienced it). They would of had to tie me up to be safe...so I just ended up calling that off and just told them I was fine to get them to stop.

I had weekly healings with experienced healers who could see this stuff, getting entities removed for years (a few different healers told me I was the worst case they'd come across, my aura was full of holes and tears), a couple of weird things happened during those eg one time this huge wind came out of my mouth and just blew and blew during one healing... after these weekly healings didnt work.. the things just ended up coming back and reattaching to me.. things ended up culmulating in a whole group of spiritual psychic healers (who worked with the angels) working on me in a circle. I was on the floor, and as they started sending the energy my way I thrashing in pain as it felt like things were actually ripping themselves out of my body, I felt like I was being ripped apart. (I cant remember now, I may of been actually screaming too, I know I was crying out).. my body was also contorting in weird ways.. in positions I couldnt normally hold at all. I got quite bruised up during this due to my thrashing thou there was a lot of room .. I ended up thrashing into the legs of the chairs.

Im fine now but I went throu several years of hell due to entity attachments and things like that. (I also had some issue with non physical alien implants but that was nothing like the entity possession problem and the alien implant stuff was easy for a couple of experienced healers to remove from my etheric field and chakras)...

Thou I wasnt a part of this.. I know there was multiple people, a group got possessed one time at one of the spiritualist churches in my capital city. Apparently they had a guest person in who was teaching them stuff and ran a class. (I cant remember what now..it may of been connecting to spirits or channelling?) and this guy obviously didnt know what he was doing and during a meditation all the members that were there ended up possessed to the point none of them came out of the meditation!!!. This guy then paniced and left them all there on the floor out of it, completely abandoning them all. Someone else had to be brought it to fix everyone. (word of advice beware some spiritualist churches and if something seems wrong, do not participate even if everyone else is).

Anyway..that's the most crazy possession Ive heard about so far (Ive been in psychic healing fields for 20 years)... Ive no idea what happens elsewhere.

Edited by sea-dove

sea-dove, I swear your stories sound like from books I have read. I need to find them.

• Like 2

sea-dove, I swear your stories sound like from books I have read. I need to find them.

I tell ya' alot of members here can easily make a side career being writers.

• Like 3

Possession is real, I’ve experienced it myself. As a psychic

healer once got called in to try to help another who was completely possessed.

(…) she was completely not conscious herself..completely unresponsive even to pain.. and her body was weirdly rigid like a plank (…) she'd been left laying on a cold shower floor not

moving from early that morning till late at night (…) her body was so cold, she actually felt like a dead body. (…)

These indicators are showing that the person was in big trouble and that the situation required immediate help by professional medical/psychological care. A low body temperature can be resulted by low blood pressure and a rigid body can lead to breathing

arrest. And it does not need a medical education to recognize such symptoms as critical.

But your “therapy” was as follows:

Unfortunately I couldn’t help this other.. thou I tried help too.

I got a healer friend to join me unfortunately he was only a reiki channel and we worked on her for hours.. with no response..

her chakras were like prunes and working on them, her energy field had gone very small, it was near impossible to get her

chakras to accept energy.. I was trying to force energy into her unresponsive body (…).

So after the person was in big trouble for a long time it was done what have had to be done from the beginning on:

In the end I had no choice but to get her husband to ring an

ambulance (he really didnt want to but there was no way I was going to have her left like that after 18hrs with no water or anything)

and they come and picked her up and took her to hospital still completely unresponsive.

(…) she rang me several days later from the hospital for help

but I'd been left scared as whatever she carried was too much for me to be able to help her (…), so I never went and saw her.

I have no idea what ended up happening to her. Unfortunately at that point of time (this was before I went throu my possession

and the clearing of it). I knew of no healer where I are more experienced then myself to aid her.

Finally she got the professional medical/psychological help by others, that you are not able to provide, you confirmed that already.

If the story is based on reality I have to say that you are a charlatan and quackster and you should not endanger ppl those are in

trouble with your kind of “therapy” as it seems that you even do not have a medical knowledge, or the common sense, on the

lowest level to be able to recognizesymptoms those can be dangerous to life and/or to mental conditions. Even if you believe in chakras/healing/energy/reiki theories it must be clear for you at what point these theories should not be executed first and as a

try to help in case of critical and dangerous symptoms are on the display.

And, so called "possessions" are an indicator for a mental dysfunction, it has nothing to do with ghosts/spirits/devil and friends.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

But you got a laptop working now!

Yeah, but I'm still a lazy b******.

• Like 1

Hi! I'm new...or actually started revisting this site after several years.

About "The Conjuring"...it is my opinion that any story/movie that Lorraine Warren is involved in is a big fat heaping pile of crap. I believe she is a fraud.

So...about possession, I don't know if its real but its one of those things I'd truly have to see to believe.

• Like 2

Well possession is an interesting thing to read about at least. I've also been reading about conversion disorder(hysteria)and that got me into reading about dancing mania(I found that fascinating) and so then I started to listen to Black Sabbaths St. Vitus Dance.. and now I'm moving onto Prodigys Breathe.

Anyway I'm too busy dancing.. cant type anymore for now.

*oh that doesn't mean I don't believe in it though. I'll just dance on the fence.

Edited by Kazahel
  • Like 1

Well possession is an interesting thing to read about at least. I've also been reading about conversion disorder(hysteria)and that got me into reading about dancing mania(I found that fascinating) and so then I started to listen to Black Sabbaths St. Vitus Dance.. and now I'm moving onto Prodigys Breathe.

Anyway I'm too busy dancing.. cant type anymore for now.

*oh that doesn't mean I don't believe in it though. I'll just dance on the fence.

Hello there! Nice to meet you! I don't recommend dancing on fences. It could cause an unfortunate injury! But...if by dancing on fences you mean to say you are wishy washy or indecisive...BIG FAT SIGH OF DAMN!!! that kinda sucks!

Hello there! Nice to meet you! I don't recommend dancing on fences. It could cause an unfortunate injury! But...if by dancing on fences you mean to say you are wishy washy or indecisive...BIG FAT SIGH OF DAMN!!! that kinda sucks!

A better way to look at it would be I keep an open mind about the subject. I understand there is a lot of self created problems and that some people can be easily suggestible(types that can be hypnotised easily).So a person could simply be suggesting to another they might have a demon in them and that could be enough for someone to act it out. That's why I don't like reading about people suggesting things like astral leeches(parasites)for example because to me its a form of attack by just suggesting it. I understand its a form of attack but I don't think others do and they can be easily swayed and affected/infected. Same as how some are easily cursed by just the suggestion of it. But I also do believe in real curses. Don't get me started on that lol, if you want to read about that search for 'curse' under my name.

So in cases where there are multiple people who are really focusing on someone and trying to exorcise them, I think they are basically doing more harm than good. I think they are reinforcing the belief and it can almost spread like mass hysteria. So the one trying to help could be affected/infected and it goes on and on.

Now that doesn't mean I think all cases are just from suggestion though. I've personally been testing things myself for many years. Mainly invocation during lucid dreaming and I've experienced many things which I feel are not just from me. But these things are too hard to talk about in detail and could still be coming from my subconscious. It also seems to be explained as synchronicity. Anyway personally I find it offensive when I read about people being possessed as like demons as if possession is a bad thing. To me that's when I think its suggestion. To me even calling something a demon is offensive because I believe everything comes from God.

So the logic and science side of me says its most likely coming from the subconscious and is classed under psychology but the personal side of what I've experienced says it could be much more because of the amazing experiences I've had over the years. But I cant prove anything for a fact. So if I am asked what do I believe I have no choice but to say I don't know, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.. That's why I started to call(invocation)Ariel, YHVH and Yaldabaoth during lucid dreaming and I still do. I'm experimenting with it. I find the experiences quite amazing sometimes but in the end I cant prove they are legit or just creations from my mind. So how could I not be dancing with the ideas.

Like to give a quick example of how I started.. I got a Tetragrammaton tattoo when I was younger. I picked it because it felt right. Not that long after I decided I wanted to see if angels exist. So I thought what better way to summon(call) one than during a lucid dream. So I picked out from a book of many names and sigils an easy one to write and the name was Ariel. I know that all sounds nooby(was about 13 or so yrs ago) but anyway. So I called the name and drew the sigil during the dream and the experience goes on from there. Anyway my point is.. I happened to chose the same angel that in some circles is considered to be linked closely with my tattoo. So out of all the angels I could've picked, I happened to pick that one. Now this could just be coincidence or maybe its not.

So anyway I still experiment and call Ariel,Yaldaboath and YHVH while dreaming to feel close to what I consider friends. I feel them always with me and we do wonderful things but in the end maybe its all just in my mind. lol. So I believe but I also understand that I could just be enjoying my subconscious, synchronicity etc. And in the end it doesn't really matter I guess. I'm happy. So I'm not sure how else to put it.

Lets just say I don't use the word summon now and I rather the word call for a reason. And I don't buy into mass hysteria.

Edited by Kazahel

If you ever find a book with an experience like my own.. please let me know as I always get interested when I hear of someone who's had a similar experience as I. A few who have are Robert Bruce (with some OBE stuff.. light packets and astral parasite experiences), Carlos castaneda (he's had some shamanism experiences like my own including connecting to plant consciousness), and Dion Fortune (whos had some psychic attack like my own). I dont know of any other authors who who have had expeiences like my own (as many of my experiences soo weird).

(also one author I swear put one of my experiences in a book, I believe he must of read my experience online.. I forgot who it was now..I didnt write to him to see but it was far too close to my experience so I believe he may have copied my post online. Ive helped one author with plot ideas who wanted to base her fantasy book which involved powers and stuff on real stuff and another author I write too as he was writing about something he didnt understand..so I wrote to him to explain it so he could add to his next book). Theres a lot my stuff online going back 10 years or so in psychic, OBE, LD and healing websites (under my nics tania, taniaaust1, sea-mist, seamist or sea-dove)

Edited by sea-dove

These indicators are showing that the person was in big trouble and that the situation required immediate help by professional medical/psychological care. A low body temperature can be resulted by low blood pressure and a rigid body can lead to breathing

arrest. And it does not need a medical education to recognize such symptoms as critical.

Yeah I understand how my act my sound crazy.. she probably had hypothermina. I was greatly concerned for her.. got her off of that cold floor immediately and slowly warming her body up is what would of been done in a hospital).. had her husband warm the room right up (I cant underand how he allowed her body to lay on a floor for so long like that!!!). I was so concerned that I did check her pulse.. and it was okay so that made me feel a little less concerned.. I also checked her breathing and it was fine.. (I used to be a trainee ambulance officer and Ive also had some other medical training.. anyway.. I had her under my watchful eyes till her body was out of danger. I would of started resus if I had too.. I was that worried for her but with the obs.. I decided to focus on trying to fix her..

Why I didnt call ambulance immediately is cause I did believe that it was possession (and not only did her husband believe that but also the friend I brought out with me to there too..so all 3 of us believed it.. You would of had to been there to see what I mean). ..and having that belief..why would we call an ambulance as possession itself is a big danger and the hospital wouldnt been able to fix that. We ourselves were trying to save her life.

"Finally she got the professional medical/psychological help by others, that you are not able to provide, you confirmed that already."

But it didnt help her one bit..but at least they would of been able to put her onto a drip.

" as it seems that you even do not have a medical knowledge, or the common sense, on the

lowest level to be able to recognizesymptoms those can be dangerous to life and/or to mental conditions "

I was seriously prepared to resus her or perform CPR if i had to do so. I never left her side for a moment till she was in other safe hands. but yeah I know this to many wouldnt at all sound sensible but not all live in the same reality as you do. My world is one in which even physical health issues can be sometimes fixed using energy (I had a yogi teacher (Master Choa Kok Sui) who was a very powerful healer and could fix physical issues at times doctors could not. Ive seen some amazing things..so my beliefs and my reality is different to your own and people do act in accordance to their beliefs. As weird as that may seem to some.

" Even if you believe in chakras/healing/energy/reiki theories "

Reiki not strong enough for something like that.. I was doing stronger things.

And, so called "possessions" are an indicator for a mental dysfunction, it has nothing to do with ghosts/spirits/devil and friends.

I do agree that some may think many mental health cases are possession..but in reality this kind of thing is very rare (thou certain groups are more at risk) and I wouldnt be surprised if that turns out to be the only case of full possession I ever see in my lifetime. Even the roman catholic church believes in it and so do many other religions. If you saw a case of it maybe you'd believe it too.

Edited by sea-dove