Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

advice on possible soul connection?

SHINOFRA

Hello,

I was wondering what people think about soul connections and whether this scenario is a possibility. Im new here and I don't know if this is just some strange obsession or a soul connection? Ive looked up my feelings online and similar situations seem to point to soul connections but mine is slightly different as I don't know the person. I will start from the beginning.

When I was 17 and still at school (im over 30 now) we were sent on a weeks work experience, and I along with another girl were sent to a university in a town over 30 miles away. On the final day there I was walking along the public path, there are hundreds of people around and a guy walks the opposite direction, immediately I have a strong heavy feeling in my stomach as if ive ben hit and take a sharp breath, and turn to look. I can only describe that he was drawn to me also as he is looking at me, we both turn as we walk past and just seem to have a connection for the few moments as we walk away. I had no idea who he was, and the girl I was with said who is that what just happened there, she said she felt an energy.

Returning to my hometown, I of course tell my best friend about this and how strange it was.

We go out to a local bar that weekend in my hometown, and this stranger walked in as I was leaving, immediately we noticed each other. I must have had a face of shock and wonder, as did he. We are a small town, I couldn't believe that this guy had turned up here out of everywhere. I felt I had to speak to him, so I told him where we were headed and he followed me over later. We only managed to talk a few minutes about that we had seen each other the previous day at the uni and how strange we both turned up in the same bar in a different part of the country.

Fast forward 10 years. Ive moved away to a different town again, I haven't thought about said guy for years. I am with a new friend in the new town, and having breakfast at a local café, as we are leaving (again) my friend is manouvering her new baby out of the café and in walks said guy. Instantly recognise that we knew each other, couldn't immediately work out why, say hello. Only once in my friends car do I realise this is the same guy.

Fast forward another 3 years, I go in a different town again ( I travel about lot) and go to see a friends band play. My friend goes out for a cigarette and i remain inside, as she returns i feel an amazing energy through my back from behind me, turn and it is this guy again. He goes into another part of the building, i tell my friend all of the above. We go into the main hall where he is, and he is there, i must talk to him. i say hello from a distance across the hall, he smiles, talks back hello, how are you and that is that. Later he comes over and says that you are the girl from the uni. i knew i wasn't imagining it. he has to leave, he says my name, i didn't know he knew my name, he knows a guy my friend vaguely knows. he leaves.

so basically it comes down to a few chance meetings with someone, in different locations across the country, with a strong intense feeling through my back and stomach.

I put it all down to me perhaps being attracted to him, although i don't know anything about him and am married.

I thought about it from time to time, not very often as it doesn't make sense but its always at the back of my mind.

Yesterday,

I needed to travel from my new hometown (yet again) to go grocery shopping in a nearby town. I am potty training my daughter, so i was umming and ahhing do i go, as it would be the first outing, worried about accidents ( im sure im not the only one right) suddenly i get an overwhelming feeling that i must go, as i will be seeing the guy. Now i must stress this is a long while after the last time i saw him etc, so i don't know why i suddenly think of him. I don't know why i need to see him but i must go for this reason. Im telling myself this is stupid as im driving along, why do i know i will see him if go, and for what reason. im Out for a few hours, nothing. I am driving back home, and there he is, in my new hometown standing at the side of the road. I carried on driving, and went straight home. I feel perhaps there was a reason that i knew i would see him yesterday and that i needed to do something?

I tell my friend, who advises me that she had just been told that he now lives where i have moved to via their mutual friend.

I feel stupid as im writing this, i don't really know what i expect people to say, i guess it is a big bunch of coincidences, however my feeling yesterday was so strong that i had to go out of the house, i feel like I've missed something. Feel free to laugh, it does sound like an unhealthy obsession now ive written it down, but in reality, these meetings are years and years apart, so i don't think of it like that really

Well, I don't believe in a soul, so I don't believe it's a soul connection. It could be that you have some kind of attraction to or infatuation with this guy, and the fact that you keep running into him has implanted this exaggerated significance of his presence. But what do I know, it's all speculation. :tu:

• Like 1

Well there is no such thing as a "coincidence."What you ignored was so strong yet you had chosen to ignore you're feeling.Bad idea.You failed to even try to connect with this person though you were given many chances to do so.You even got married to another human although the right one was showing up all over the place.Strange choices you have made now linger as questions in you're mind...Only there is no answers. You have a family now...Get over him....Regret is a side effect from making wrong decisions.

I'll point out that I was married before I saw him again at the cafe with my friend. I'm not even sure it's a romantic attraction. I dunno what I feel.

I wouldn't have even mentioned it on such a forum had it not been for an out of the blue sensation yesterday which was so strong I left my house knowing I would see him. I didn't know where he lived or anything, I was very surprised that I did actually saw him, but I didn't want to stop driving and get out of the car as 1, I had my daughter with me and 2, i didn't want to seem odd as I didn't know why I was there really.

I guess I was jut wondering if this sorta thing actually happens or like hideout said I've made this infatuation up.

It's probably the latter...

Thanks both :)

Interesting. I don't know what else to say. Sorry :hmm:

Oh, apart from 'Welcome to UM!' :D

The people that are unlucky to reincarnate here will sometimes recognize each other, especially if their connection in their previous life was strong or very significant.

It could be that you keep crossing paths because there is still unresolved business between the two of you.

The other thing that crossed my mind is that he may be following you, either intentionally (stalker) or unintentionally. Unintentionally....it may be he feels drawn to certain places (like you were) and follows his instincts to you.

I know you are married, and I am not suggesting a romantic relationship, but if you can find out some things about this man (is he safe? 'normal', etc, through your mutual friends) it might be in your best interest and his, to get together and develop a friendship. See if he feels the same weird energy that you do. If things work out in that direction, perhaps at some point past-life regression therapy might be helpful for the both of you.

My personal feeling is that it is not coincidence that you keep crossing paths with this man, whether it be paranormal or not.

Edited by Awake2Chaos

Yes that's what I was thinking, next time that I see him, I have no doubt that I will see him again, I am going to find out a bit more from him. Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone!! :)

• Like 1

Hello,

I was wondering what people think about soul connections and whether this scenario is a possibility. Im new here and I don't know if this is just some strange obsession or a soul connection? Ive looked up my feelings online and similar situations seem to point to soul connections but mine is slightly different as I don't know the person. I will start from the beginning.

When I was 17 and still at school (im over 30 now) we were sent on a weeks work experience, and I along with another girl were sent to a university in a town over 30 miles away. On the final day there I was walking along the public path, there are hundreds of people around and a guy walks the opposite direction, immediately I have a strong heavy feeling in my stomach as if ive ben hit and take a sharp breath, and turn to look. I can only describe that he was drawn to me also as he is looking at me, we both turn as we walk past and just seem to have a connection for the few moments as we walk away. I had no idea who he was, and the girl I was with said who is that what just happened there, she said she felt an energy.

Returning to my hometown, I of course tell my best friend about this and how strange it was.

We go out to a local bar that weekend in my hometown, and this stranger walked in as I was leaving, immediately we noticed each other. I must have had a face of shock and wonder, as did he. We are a small town, I couldn't believe that this guy had turned up here out of everywhere. I felt I had to speak to him, so I told him where we were headed and he followed me over later. We only managed to talk a few minutes about that we had seen each other the previous day at the uni and how strange we both turned up in the same bar in a different part of the country.

Fast forward 10 years. Ive moved away to a different town again, I haven't thought about said guy for years. I am with a new friend in the new town, and having breakfast at a local café, as we are leaving (again) my friend is manouvering her new baby out of the café and in walks said guy. Instantly recognise that we knew each other, couldn't immediately work out why, say hello. Only once in my friends car do I realise this is the same guy.

Fast forward another 3 years, I go in a different town again ( I travel about lot) and go to see a friends band play. My friend goes out for a cigarette and i remain inside, as she returns i feel an amazing energy through my back from behind me, turn and it is this guy again. He goes into another part of the building, i tell my friend all of the above. We go into the main hall where he is, and he is there, i must talk to him. i say hello from a distance across the hall, he smiles, talks back hello, how are you and that is that. Later he comes over and says that you are the girl from the uni. i knew i wasn't imagining it. he has to leave, he says my name, i didn't know he knew my name, he knows a guy my friend vaguely knows. he leaves.

so basically it comes down to a few chance meetings with someone, in different locations across the country, with a strong intense feeling through my back and stomach.

I put it all down to me perhaps being attracted to him, although i don't know anything about him and am married.

I thought about it from time to time, not very often as it doesn't make sense but its always at the back of my mind.

Yesterday,

I needed to travel from my new hometown (yet again) to go grocery shopping in a nearby town. I am potty training my daughter, so i was umming and ahhing do i go, as it would be the first outing, worried about accidents ( im sure im not the only one right) suddenly i get an overwhelming feeling that i must go, as i will be seeing the guy. Now i must stress this is a long while after the last time i saw him etc, so i don't know why i suddenly think of him. I don't know why i need to see him but i must go for this reason. Im telling myself this is stupid as im driving along, why do i know i will see him if go, and for what reason. im Out for a few hours, nothing. I am driving back home, and there he is, in my new hometown standing at the side of the road. I carried on driving, and went straight home. I feel perhaps there was a reason that i knew i would see him yesterday and that i needed to do something?

I tell my friend, who advises me that she had just been told that he now lives where i have moved to via their mutual friend.

I feel stupid as im writing this, i don't really know what i expect people to say, i guess it is a big bunch of coincidences, however my feeling yesterday was so strong that i had to go out of the house, i feel like I've missed something. Feel free to laugh, it does sound like an unhealthy obsession now ive written it down, but in reality, these meetings are years and years apart, so i don't think of it like that really

years ago i had a connection similar to this with a guy that lived in my apartment building

i actually didn't know he lived in my building until i met him elsewhere and this came to light.

anyway, it lasted as long as he lived in that building, and i can't explain to this day why things happened the way they did. i never had that sort of thing with any other person in my life, we weren't in a couple type relationship, yet the bond was very strong.

• Like 2

I don't agree in the "coincidences don't happen" mindset.

However, what I do think is you're noticing this guy repeatedly over the years and not doing anything about the attraction you have towards him.

Whats the worst that could happen if you found out a little more about him?

• Like 2

I can't say I've ever felt a strong connection with somebody but I can liken it to a deja vu type thing I experienced before. I used to work in a store and every once in a while i'd get a strange feeling and then I'd see this guy in the store. It happened a few times out and about and on a bus once! We were at a stop, I had that feeling and he got on! I never spoke to him or felt an attraction but it was strange nether the less. I describe it as deja vu because that is the kind of feeling I got before that dude appeared, like I knew what was about to happen. I haven't seen him in years though and I haven't moved around much so my story isn't as mysterious as yours o.p. ;)

I can't say I've ever felt a strong connection with somebody but I can liken it to a deja vu type thing I experienced before. I used to work in a store and every once in a while i'd get a strange feeling and then I'd see this guy in the store. It happened a few times out and about and on a bus once! We were at a stop, I had that feeling and he got on! I never spoke to him or felt an attraction but it was strange nether the less. I describe it as deja vu because that is the kind of feeling I got before that dude appeared, like I knew what was about to happen. I haven't seen him in years though and I haven't moved around much so my story isn't as mysterious as yours o.p. ;)

It's so strange isn't it, why you felt something and not even felt attracted to him. The world works in Mysterious ways.

Today I was driving along and I thought of my guy and I had an overwhelming feeling in my chest, so strong, I panicked slightly but I'm quite a rational person so I stopped myself panicking as I was driving. I'm not prone to panicking or anything just the feeling was so strong, like a pulling love feeling (I'm terrible at descriptions) towards this guy that I wanted to curl up in a little ball with my eyes closed for a while. I have no idea why, I hadn't seen him and I wasn't even thinking of him until that moment.

Starting to freak me out to be honest, it just feel ridiculous to feel like this about someone I don't even know. I've read about " twin flames" recently and tbh it feels exactly like this. But whereas I'm not a complete skeptic I like to try and think rationally about things first.

Huh?! Who knows what's going on!! What's people's thought on twin flames?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, he's probably a soul mate and not a twin flame, its uncommon I think for twin flames to be incarnated at the same time thou it can happen (I dont know a lot about twin flames thou.. but I do know a lot about soul mates).

We can have extremely powerful attractions to soul mates. I started to remember bits and pieces of past lives at one point and around that time I also started meeting soul mates. They actually felt the same towards me immediately too (actually a couple of them got hit with this energy connection a lot more harder then I did thou it was also intense for me). Two of them could remember the past life too, one had been seeking for me since a child (he'd always remembered me from other lifetime).

With these relationships.. we've met again, shared our hearts and then ended up moving on, we will always love each other but feel no need to act upon it..its not a sexual thing.. our soul love goes beyond this.. it just didnt feel right to have a relationship with them (thou I did with one for a while but then as he's overseas, he ended up coming across another soulmate of his who is just like me, she posts just like I do in forums and Ive confused her posts as being my own at times.. interestingly, I also feel a strong connection to her too.. i think she's part of my soul family too).

Anyway..I suggest to think about becoming friends with this guy if you get a chance.. thou you may feel the strongest love you have ever felt with him, this doesnt mean that you will act out on it sexually. A soul mate can make the best friends possible, they do not judge and mine were and still are filled with unconditional love towards me (A couple of mine I have more then just the one lifetime with them).