Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lizzielizizzie

What beings could theoretically possess someone?

Symptoms:

1.nightmares

2.memory loss

3.appearances of self harm but not remembering

4.hearing voices

5.waking up with scratches and cuts

6.waking up in weird places

7.self threatening *a note appearing in own handwriting with threats but not remembering writing it...but then it disappears*

8.inability to focus

9.hallucinations

Edited by Lizzielizizzie

Hi Lizzie Welcome to UM

What makes you think that these symptoms are paranormal in nature as your post doesn't say. Is it you who has experienced these or is it someone else?

My first and very important question to anyone experiencing this is, have you seen doctor as what you have described could be symptomatic of an underlying medical issue?

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
Misread opening post
  • Like 1

Hi. This is actually for my friend. He has been having these symptoms and has been acting strange. Its not something medical. He said that the *thing* as he put it has come out from inside in some situations but he can never remember what happens..

Hello, and welcome as well.

You say that "It's not something medical"

Do you know this for a fact, or is it just what he said or your assumption?

In other words, do you know if he has seen a medical professional specifically regarding his symptoms?

Note: This a gentle question not meant to be mean or anything like that.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

He told me that there are too many symptoms to be just one condition.

OK, and thank you, let's nail this down a little more...

To your knowledge, he has not seen a medical professional regarding all of those symptoms?

From what he's told me, no. But he and I both searched online for what it could be and it just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Especially with items appearing and dissapearing and cuts appearing out of nowhere.

From what he's told me, no. But he and I both searched online for what it could be and it just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Especially with items appearing and dissapearing and cuts appearing out of nowhere.

OK, thank you.

That's important to know, and I am certainly not judging you or him... his experiences must be very difficult to deal with, and I can understand both an emotional and possibly financial hesitancy to seek the opinion of a qualified, board-certified medical professional, before assuming paranormal involvement.

BTW, I believe in the paranormal, so I am not ruling that out at all.

But, he should be medically evaluated first, as noted by one of the Moderator's here that posted a response on this thread for you.

Otherwise, it's just too hard to tell what's going on here. Some things must be ruled out first.

I hope this makes any sense to you.

• Like 1

There's a reason people go get medical help over 'searching online',

How long has he/she been having these problems?

Edited by John Mirra
  • Like 1

*Sigh* i understand but he has a strict "rule" of not seeking medical\psychologist help ...

Then he will never get better.

*Sigh* i understand but he has a strict "rule" of not seeking medical\psychologist help ...

That's a big problem then.

How old is he? He has family? Parents? Do they know about all this?

I quote from what he has told me:"That while I do appreciate the concern I have personally ruled out the possibility of having actual medical problems. I realize I am not a professional but it seems highly unlikely to have so many mental diseases happening at once. And that "hell no" I ain't going to a psychologist."

I quote from what he has told me:"That while I do appreciate the concern I have personally ruled out the possibility of having actual medical problems. I realize I am not a professional but it seems highly unlikely to have so many mental diseases happening at once. And that "hell no" I ain't going to a psychologist."

How can somebody with so 'mental diseases' rule out 'medical problems', I don't think he's in any position to do that.

• Like 2

Again, thank you for your candid responses.

This will be difficult, then, and perhaps YOU can be the only one to GENTLY nudge him into a pro-evaluation.

Obviously you are concerned for him.

it's quite suspicious that he won't consider medical or psychological help but will consider looking online.
  • Like 2

I will try to talk him into it...what should i do after that?

Maybe support him, make sure he stays well.

If your friend is young, I guess he'll need his parents to support him. Do they know about his problems ?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Nothing.

If he is underage he is under his parents or guardians care. If he is an adult it is his decision to make.

This person has determined to not seek medical advice or opinion and has determined that it is paranormal instead.

Even the Roman Catholic Church determined that a person must have a medical, mental screening and it determined that it isn't a crisis of faith, prior to paranormal routes being explored.

Regards,

Mabon.

I will try to talk him into it...what should i do after that?

This will not be easy, and may take time, as he has, it seems, a very strong emotional barrier to medical pro's.

What you DO NOT want to do is unintentionally inflame the situation by talking too much to him about seeking medical evaluation. That could become a real problem.

It must be done GENTLY, with a "push" here and there, but NOTHING forcefull.

If you feel anger from him, by all means "back-off" and immediately change the subject completely.

• Like 1

I very much doubt you or your "friend" are qualified to a standard to state that this is, or is not medical.

If you were, you wouldnt be on this forum.

Go see a doc, theres no shame in it and its confidential.

I was having chest pains, searched online and it was cancer to a heart attack and everything inbetween, turns out it was wind.

It gets weird because the internet is full of weirdo's, and because auntie jackies second cousin's brother in laws uncle's keys went missing, it must be a ghost or a demon.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your very nice responses , i will be sure to try and gently talk him into seeking help. I appreciate all answers. :)

• Like 2

For example...

You: Honey, could you please see a doctor, I will be with you.

Him: Damn it, how many times have I told you that I don't want to do that.(angry tone)

You: Ok, honey, I understand. Lets forget about that. Sorry. Say, do you want to go out for dinner or catch a movie?

• Like 1

Hi there,

I'm experienced with energies and what not, and know to what extent they can affect us emotionally, mentally, physically....Had my own levels pushed to the limit. One note of difference is when you sense or see someone suddenly 'turn' they have that look, there is a very particular look where you know they are not in their in own stream of consciousness. it happens to channellers sometimes and those who are very empathic and uncontrolled... It is normally quick easy to snap a person out of that by just confronting them that they are not acting like themselves and by telling them to knock that crap off is usually enough for their core self to come forward again.... If the person goes onto have a full on episode, the sort of break down you would expect while they are really transmuting the 'foreign energy' out of their system, it would be a little different to what you described.... and again you are talking about something that would not last for great period of time, a few hours a day or 2 at most...

Unless he was a very uncontrolled empath what you are describing sounds too severe imo to be metaphysical related. Going the medical route is what he needs, even having a simple vit deficiency can cause some of what he's experiencing or a bad thyroid... there are things that can cause these symtpons like that, and even if he is convinced that it is not medical related, even if this was metaphysical (don't think it is but), he needs be stabilised before anything can be done anyway.

Try and get him to see someone about this.

• Like 2

Just a note:

One thing I do know is that talking too much to a psychologically challenged person(medical or paranormal) can make things much worse.

They "read in-between" your talk, having a billion thoughts in their head while "listening"

Make your point, and keep it simple and short. Too much talk can be perceived from them as "manipulative" because of all their internal "chatter"

Back-off if you note aggression or displeasure... for your safety.

Edited by pallidin