Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

swimming in lochness?

hypo666

be honest  

79 members have voted

1. 1. would you be a tad nervous to do a midnight swim in loch ness?

• yes?
    • no ?

Back on topic.

GLADLY

Have to agree with many of you on this one.

No sea, river or pond seem quiet and peaceful during the night. There'll always be the fear of some creature popping out of the water and scare the hell out of you! :whistle:

You mean, like this:

creature-black-lagoon-headshot3.jpg

Back on topic.

I wouldn't mind taking a dip in Loch Ness, even at night. Depending on how cold the lake is, it might not last long, but I did take a sip above the knee in the Great Slave Lake in May, with the ice cover not yet shunken, I can take some cold water. Maybe a wetsuit would be bettre than a bathing suit, especially a heated wetsuit...

But really, I would like to ask the most skeptic of skeptics or just anyone really, be honest, would you not feel a tad scared or uneasy to swim in the loch at midnight? all that darkness around you and below,

Darkness? Let's see... Hay River is at 60°49′59″N, Loch Ness is at 57°18′N... Maybe in August we can have a night dark enough to get a bit scary, but in May in Hay River or even below the 60th parallele, "night" was only a 2 hours long sunset/sunrise and we are not even pass the arctic circle. Mid August would be best for this kind of experience.

But with a heated wetsuit, maybe the fall equinox would be best

No, I wouldn't. I am not a very good swimmer as it is and have no confidence in the water.

I will never swim in the river because it is dirty, smelly and full of pollution.

I'm not much of a fan of the sea either, though there are no dangers in our waters.

I don't like not seeing what is underneath me. That is what gets to me.

Err...no dangers in our waters isn't quite true, Porbeagle Sharks, Conger Eels, stinging Jelly fish have all been recorded around our coast, especially in the English Channel...cheers.

I've been known to take a dip in Plymouth Bay...but only in the daytime and not very deep.

After a serious confrontation with a 13 foot Tiger Shark I don't even go "swimming" in my bath,but take a shower every day, yet I still mess around on boats.You never know what is swiming 20 yds from you.
  • Like 1

After a serious confrontation with a 13 foot Tiger Shark I don't even go "swimming" in my bath

More people die in their private pool each year with nothing more dangerous than dead flies around than the number of people who get kill by sharks and other sea fauna. :whistle:

Err...no dangers in our waters isn't quite true, Porbeagle Sharks, Conger Eels, stinging Jelly fish have all been recorded around our coast, especially in the English Channel...cheers.

Cheers to you for the info.

Cheers to you for the info.

No problema , my 2 mates and I went fishing and caught a 3 ft Conger which started to chew our boat to pieces, biting everything it could, one of my mates jumped over the side and hung on, and he wouldn't get back in until we disposed of it.Its very difficult to kill a Conger, the recognised method is to chop it with a sharp knife about 8/9 inches from its tail,which quickly kills it, but if they bite you they won't let go . At the time it was near close to panic,but afterwards in the pub it was hilarious....cheers.

i vote no, because im not a good swimmer :P but if the question is boating there, yes i will even at midnight.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really believe in Nessie but swim in in the loch at night............nah. You can never be 100% sure of anything.

• Like 1