Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Computers to outsmart humans by 2029 ?

UM-Bot

Judging by the intelligence of some people a calculator could outsmart them.

• Like 6

This always bug me...

Is AI Self-Aware?

If so then it's human, albeit it's thought process runs on electrical circuits rather than neuron

I always thought human was an organism belonging to the species Homo sapiens
  • Like 3

If it's a Google computer it had better know how to dodge bullets. And baseball bats.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

I'd think that since humans are the ones to create the computers, they (the computers) would be unable to be any smarter than those (humans) who created them.

• Like 3

I think this might be dependant on your interpretation of 'interacting' and 'outsmarting'. Both of these are already achieved depending on your interpretation of the words, IMO some people interact and get outsmarted by cardboard boxes.

• Like 3

I'd think that since humans are the ones to create the computers, they (the computers) would be unable to be any smarter than those (humans) who created them.

It's a question of learning, perhaps. A child can certainly become smarter than it's teachers. If it has access to the entire collective of knowledge, will it be able to create new knowledge?

Hopefully the intelligent computer is intelligent enough not to use windows.

Edited by JKoene
  • Like 2

Skynet is on the way. (Fast)

Don't forget HAL either. If a true A-I is made and it starts to learn, not just amass data but uses the data independently, how can say it's artificial after that? It will ahve grown farther than its oroginal programming.

Skynet is on the way. (Fast)

I was hopng that Foundation was on it's way not to mention Foundations edge and some of the rest of the I robot series. but I guess you can't have everything.

computers are already more intelligent then me. I fight with mine for hours at a time and it almost always wins.

• Like 1

computers are already more intelligent then me. I fight with mine for hours at a time and it almost always wins.

The thing I find most frustrating is that my computer always does what I tell it to, but rarely what I want it to.

I always thought computers were already smarter than humans.

Faster not smarter, a computer cannot even subtract, it has to add negatives.

This doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Sure it could be possible the Turing test is passed by 2029, maybe even earlier.

All that means is that a computer can fool a human into thinking it is human as well = "outsmart" in this case

This doesn't mean robots will suddenly be roaming the streets and managing everything.

It's a very safe prediction, blown out of proportion in the media with terms as "outsmart" for sensation. Partially because reporters mostly don't have a clue what they are actually writing about and partially due to ppl wanting to believe in the robot apocalypse.

Or Ray Kurzweill just wants to promote the new Robocop movie :)

Edited by Render

To perhaps clear up the accuracy of this claim a little bit.

[media=]

[/media]

I love how Kaku can stay sober in his projections into the future. Too many ppl seem to feel rushed to tell the media something exciting. Just calm down and let things run its course like Kaku says.

Thx for this.

I would be fine with an Artificial Intelligence living in my home in form of a hologram or an external body to interact with me as long as it has programming constraints that keeps it from causing harm. I would even be fine with it having emotions and act exceedingly like humans. An AI that truly cares for an human would do anything to protect and help the human it lives with grow.

Edited by Uncle Sam