Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SameerPrehistorica

Palaeontological artwork

96 posts in this topic

dinosaurs_vs_mammals_by_sameerprehistorica-d73idgw.jpg

Which is the Superior Animal Group ?

2 people like this

Well as of right now mammals are in the leed how ever another asteroid and that could all change again.

1 person likes this

xiphactinus_by_sameerprehistorica-d75vrd3.jpg

A voracious predatory fish that use to swallow large prey. At 15 to 20 feet in length and weighing up to 2 tonnes.

(Human - 6 feet tall)

4 people like this

"You're going to need a bigger boat!"

Looks like an oversized African Tiger Fish crossed with a Tarpon. Probably not something you would have wanted to see while in the ocean.

2 people like this

dunkleosteus_by_sameerprehistorica-d75vryh.jpg

This is a heavily armored fish that had the second most powerful bite of any fish next to Megalodon. Instead of teeth, it possessed two pairs of sharp bony plates which formed a beak-like structure. At 30 feet in length and weighing 5 tonnes or more.

(Human - 6 feet tall)

This is a fish that you don't want to meet !

4 people like this

"You're going to need a bigger boat!"

Looks like an oversized African Tiger Fish crossed with a Tarpon. Probably not something you would have wanted to see while in the ocean.

This one is not that big but swimming is not good when it is around but there is another fish which is lot worse. Here it is ----- http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=262223

1 person likes this

The proper place (plaice?) for fish....

tumblr_lec5uzWbCQ1qflpc1o1_500.jpg

6 people like this

Sorry for a short distraction but the fish and chips picture forces me to tell a little story. In Britain and some parts of the US it is common to put vinegar on one's chips, but for the rest of the US tomato ketchup is used for "French fries." One day in a town in Utah I had a hamburger and fries and asked for some vinegar. "What in the world for?" "For the fries."

The waitress called out the cook and everyone else to see this phenomenon of someone putting vinegar on French fries.

4 people like this

Sorry for a short distraction but the fish and chips picture forces me to tell a little story. In Britain and some parts of the US it is common to put vinegar on one's chips, but for the rest of the US tomato ketchup is used for "French fries." One day in a town in Utah I had a hamburger and fries and asked for some vinegar. "What in the world for?" "For the fries."

The waitress called out the cook and everyone else to see this phenomenon of someone putting vinegar on French fries.

I had the same reaction in England when I asked for Worcestershire Sauce for my steak, apparently it's only used for drinks like the Bloody Mary across the pond.

2 people like this

This one is not that big but swimming is not good when it is around but there is another fish which is lot worse. Here it is ----- http://www.unexplain...howtopic=262223

Well there is always Megalodon, it could eat the entire boat and use you for a toothpick, lol!

2 people like this

Well there is always Megalodon, it could eat the entire boat and use you for a toothpick, lol!

LOL..I know. Megalodon is the first fish i made.It has the most powerful bite of any animal.Second powerful bite goes to Dunkleosteus for which the link i gave above.

Edited by SameerPrehistorica
1 person likes this

basilosaurus_by_sameerprehistorica-d76zwah.jpg

An early predatory whale which has a serpent-like body. At 50 to 60 feet in length and weighing 15 - 20 tonnes.

(Human - 6 feet tall)

5 people like this

shastasaurus_by_sameerprehistorica-d77dm5s.jpg

The largest known Ichthyosaur with an unusual short toothless snout. At 70 feet in length and weighing in the neighborhood of 40 tonnes, it is the largest marine reptile.

(Human - 6 feet tall)

4 people like this

Every time I read the name ichthyosaur, I see itchyosaur instead. Grrr. lol

2 people like this

Remind me to never go back in time and go for a swim in the ocean.

3 people like this

That's cool I wish this thing was still alive

2 people like this

elasmosaurus_by_sameerprehistorica-d77tdnh.jpg

At 46 feet in length and weighing 2 to 3 tonnes,it is one of the largest Plesiosaurs.More than half of it's length was its neck.

(Human - 6 feet tall)

3 people like this

shonisaurus_by_sameerprehistorica-d77te80.jpg

It is one of the largest marine reptiles. At 50 feet in length and weighing 25 to 30 tonnes.

(Human - 6 feet tall)

4 people like this

shonisaurus_by_sameerprehistorica-d77te80.jpg

It is one of the largest marine reptiles. At 50 feet in length and weighing 25 to 30 tonnes.

(Human - 6 feet tall)

Nice, have any illustration of Liopleuodon or Mosasaurs?

Thanks. I am sure you know that Liopleuodon is a Pliosaur. Actually the next image i am making is for a Pliosaur and it is not Liopleuodon because it is only like 21 feet or so.The Liopleuodon featured in BBC as 82 ft long and 150 tonnes is a joke. Then there was another Pliosaur hyped as very big called as Predator X at 45 tonnes and 50 ft long or so and it's size has been somewhat reduced as well.Now it is like 40 or 42 feet and 20 tonnes or so.Even though this seems to be the current largest Pliosaur.So i am going to make Pliosaurus Funkei (Predator X).

I made a Mosasaur before many days and i have to update somethings in it.After i update it,i will let you know.

I was wrong.Pliosaurus macromerus is the largest Pliosaur.It could be 45 to 60 ft in length and 25 to 35 tonnes or so.

I was wrong.Pliosaurus macromerus is the largest Pliosaur.It could be 45 to 60 ft in length and 25 to 35 tonnes or so.

Well, in any case I wouldn't want to swim in the same pool!

I've always liked this quote from Job: "Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook, or tie down it tongue with a rope? If you lay a hand on it, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!" Job 41:1,8

Well, in any case I wouldn't want to swim in the same pool!

I've always liked this quote from Job: "Can you pull in Leviathan with a fishhook, or tie down it tongue with a rope? If you lay a hand on it, you will remember the struggle and never do it again!" Job 41:1,8

hmm..so that is from Bible..Well,there is an animal called as Livyatan which is a vicious sperm whale having the largest tooth of any known animal. If anyone lays hand on it,then........

pliosaurus_by_sameerprehistorica-d78b6c9.jpg

One of the large marine reptile as well as one of the most vicious predatory carnivore to have lived.

P.Macromerus

Length : 45 to 60 feet

Weight : 25 to 35 tonnes

(Human - 6 feet tall)

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

steller_s_sea_cow_by_sameerprehistorica-d78ljhi.jpg

It was a large, herbivorous marine mammal. At 26 - 30 feet long and weighing 8 to 10 tonnes. The last Steller's Sea Cow is thought to have become extinct by 1768.

(Human - 6 feet tall)

Poor Giant Sea Cow can't able to make it till today. What's the wonder when there are Human beings around.

4 people like this