Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Cosmodrome: Hundreds of Violations Found

Waspie_Dwarf

Hundreds of Violations Found at Far East Space Center

KHABAROVSK, February 25 (RIA Novosti) – Investigators in Russia said Tuesday that they have detected 800 legal violations, mainly of labor regulations, during checks on construction work at the Vostochny space center in the Far East region of Amur.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 2

I like this openness. Changed days indeed. :)

Tell me about it.

My fascination with space flight goes back a long way (almost certainly to my the moment of my earliest memory of being a 3 year old, sitting on my father's lap watching Armstrong and Aldrin walking on the Moon).

I become more and more interested in the Soviet space programme simply because it was so secretive. Manned launches were not announced until the craft was in orbit, compared to the USA's live launch broadcasts. At the age of around 14 I even subscribed to the English language edition of Pravda to try and glean as much information as I could (I sometimes wonder if there is a MI5 file somewhere marking me as a Soviet sympathiser).

Now I find myself fascinated by the Chinese space programme for the same reason... secrecy. mind you the Chinese are positively open compared to 19070's Soviet Union. The internet makes it easier to find information too.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 1