Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Accidentally Kills Self With Gun

thedutchiedutch

A man from Independence Township, Michigan, accidentally shot himself to death on Monday while teaching his girlfriend about gun safety.

The 36-year-old man, whose name has not been released, was showing his girlfriend how his three handguns are safe when they aren’t loaded.

He was attempting to demonstrate the safety of the handguns by holding them to his head and pulling the trigger.

The third gun fired, and the man was struck in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Read the full story here : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/25/man-shoots-himself_n_4853983.html

.... this is just sad.

always assumed that a gun is loaded, never point your gun at a person... these are the very basic rules of gun safety. guns are not toys. too many people act like they are.

• Like 2

so what? a lot of people are negligent. And alcohol was involved. Lots of people drink. What did you think would happen? It's seems the gun nuts don't care about writing off thousands of people every year due to this crap.

so what? a lot of people are negligent. And alcohol was involved. Lots of people drink. What did you think would happen? It's seems the gun nuts don't care about writing off thousands of people every year due to this crap.

Who loaded the gun?

What safety minded person would put a gun to their head?

Friend died same way, no GJ investigation.

Should have been an investigation.

Will there be one in this case to eliminate foul play? :no:

Please explain how a loaded gun is safe when you put it to your head and pull the trigger, no matter if you're in or out of a home.

Your logic!

• Like 1

Who loaded the gun?

What safety minded person would put a gun to their head?

Friend died same way, no GJ investigation.

Should have been an investigation.

Will there be one in this case to eliminate foul play? :no:

Investigation into what? He failed to check his weapons and it resulted in his death.

I believe in firearm safety. Always check your weapon if you are even a little bit unsure of it's state.

• Like 3

Investigation into what? He failed to check his weapons and it resulted in his death.

I believe in firearm safety. Always check your weapon if you are even a little bit unsure of it's state.

He was showing who, what, and where behind a closed door out of sight of (HOW) many?

The (WHO) is what you investigate.

He 'accidentally' killed himself, sure. But you can't protect a dumbass when the dumbass has a gun. I was taught that even with the bolt out of a rifle it was to be pointed either at the ground or the sky.

That's not responsible ownership. At least he didn't kill anyone else accidentally.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

I wasn't there.

So I don't know if it was an accident or not.

But for those of you who were, thanks for your report of this... :whistle:

I wasn't there.

Small Town. Are saying that this could be a homicide ?

I have to admit that it was crossing my mind as well. Not saying it was but what if ?

• Like 1

I wasn't there.

Ok let's go with the information we have.

He was showing his girlfriend that guns are safe if unloaded. Two were safe with no rounds, the third had one down spout.

What he failed to do was safety check his weapon. To pull back on the slide to ensure there was not a round down there.

There are ways to tell who fired a weapon, tests etc.

He was attempting to demonstrate the safety of the handguns by holding them to his head and pulling the trigger.

Clearly he was not demonstrating proper gun safety.

• Like 4

since when does demonstrating gun safety involve putting it to your head and pulling the trigger wtf? :unsure2:

• Like 5

Small Town. Are saying that this could be a homicide ?

I have to admit that it was crossing my mind as well. Not saying it was but what if ?

TDD, in a case like this, LE will investigate for sure.

Until they do, it's a (SWAG) Scientifically Wild A** Guess.

For me, I have not ruled out the homicide swag. :su

• Like 1

name='F3SS' timestamp='1393384843' post='5088908']

Clearly he was not demonstrating proper gun safety.

[/b]

True

I wasn't there.

:whistle: Meaning what?

Edit: Oh okay. I read your later posts and have a better grasp of what you're thinking.

/I wish that you'd not speak so cryptically and just speak your mind. Maybe that's just me.

Edited by Likely Guy

since when does demonstrating gun safety involve putting it to your head and pulling the trigger wtf? :unsure2:

Perhaps the person that was demonstrating gun safety with the (gun to head) and (pulling trigger) has your ans. :yes:

Perhaps the person that was demonstrating gun safety with the (gun to head) and (pulling trigger) has your ans. :yes:

Come again.