Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will the Antichrist be from Europe?

and-then

6 hours ago, and then said:

That is the rule for the benefit of His creation (US).  

I don't think so.  I think it would be impossible for God to violate his nature - if it is love as the bible claims it is.  Love does not commit atrocities or make laws that allow them.  Perhaps you think so because you just assume that the person the bible writes about, and it called God, actually is.  I mean, is there really any reason to think so other than because you've been taught that in church?  Let's say you didn't.  Let's say you read the bible for yourself and decided to believe it.  Even if that is the case it doesn't make the bible true.  I just means that you believe it to be.  

I'm not insulting you for your beliefs, because I respect your right to have them - but I just find great reasons to think you are incorrect, and disagree with you.  I wonder if you have considered the possiblity that the word "God" as used in the bible is not exactly the word that you think it is.  I wonder if you know how many names in the bible are used for God?  I wonder if you will admit that whatever word was used to describe God in the Old Testament is not necessarily the word God as you understand it?  The fact is that the bible has been completely and totally edited over the years.  The people changing it may have been well intended, or they may not have.....we don't know because there is no original record.

If you want to make it your business to find fault and condemn your maker then go for it.  As I said, no need to make excuses for your decision to despise Him.  If you don't believe then do as you will.

Here's the thing, I know you weren't talking to me....but....it's just that I've heard this claim before, so many times.....and i just find it completely illogical.  There is no one who doesn't believe that God exists who is rejecting him or despising him.  You can't despise what does not exist or is not known.  

But, because the bible says certain things.....you just assume it's true.  The bible speaks about people who reject God, and so forth and so on....but, to reject something or someone would be to be presented with it or understand it - to know it.  If you don't know something; how can you reject it?

I just find that this type of thinking about God doesn't really work, isn't really real, and isn't something I would believe in.  Well, I should say that having thought about it a great deal it doesn't work for me and I cannot accept it.  If it works for you I think that's fine.  

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

We are cosmically insignificant.

Only if there is no mind in the cosmos. 

If there is anyone besides us who has the ability to contemplate the existence of the universe.......then we are significant.  We are significant because we are the only known living things that exist.  That makes us special.....if there is anyone else to know this......if not....then, yes....you are right and we are nothing more than fantastically arranged molecules and energy that happened to arise completely by chance.  

9 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

So carrots are alive and fruit isn't?:huh:

I don't see eating as a bad thing and yes that hamburger was walking around at one time. I grew up part of the year working on the farm and have butchered animals it is how we live and I don't feel compomised because of it.

jmccr8

Carrots are the whole plant and eating them kills them. Trees drop off their fruit willingly as a 'gift' in order to spread their seed. Nothing is killed when you eat fruit... As for the other things you missed the point entirely...

But yeah, the antichrist is as real as any antagonist.

Blowing the stick example out of proportion is another lie you like to spread. The point is, in the Torah, they were under attack by armies all around them whild they wandered in the desert. If anyone disobeyed for some greedy and selfish reason, like gathering sticks on the sabbath, they were a threat to the whole party. So they had to be dealt with, there was no time for anarchy in war. Also they had a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day leading them around. So the story sets an example.

Maybe God didn't make all the rules of nature, but he gave the laws to the Jews in order to rule over nature, and last until this day to preserve the scripture to pass onto all nations, which is the miracle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guyver said:

we are nothing more than fantastically arranged molecules and energy that happened to arise completely by chance.  

I can accept this without the desire for any greater meaning. We are star stuff and back to the stars we will go. Into that cosmic womb, as dust an ash. To truly return from where all of it came. Does there even need to be a reason? 

2 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Carrots are the whole plant and eating them kills them. Trees drop off their fruit willingly as a 'gift' in order to spread their seed. Nothing is killed when you eat fruit... As for the other things you missed the point entirely...

But yeah, the antichrist is as real as any antagonist.

Blowing the stick example out of proportion is another lie you like to spread. The point is, in the Torah, they were under attack by armies all around them whild they wandered in the desert. If anyone disobeyed for some greedy and selfish reason, like gathering sticks on the sabbath, they were a threat to the whole party. So they had to be dealt with, there was no time for anarchy in war. Also they had a pillar of fire by night and a cloud by day leading them around. So the story sets an example.

Maybe God didn't make all the rules of nature, but he gave the laws to the Jews in order to rule over nature, and last until this day to preserve the scripture to pass onto all nations, which is the miracle.

Hi Opus

Are you sure that you know what I said? You might want to back that attitude up a bit, wouldn't wantyou to sprain anything. So Idon't believe the same things that you do big deal grow up. Where thehell do you think we get carrot seeds from, it's called food management justlike wehave grain seeds to make beer, bread and other products. The seeds from fruit are in the fruit,please do explain your lame position.

jmccr8

8 hours ago, rashore said:

I haven't read the book... but why either Europe or Islamic? Why not the far East, or southern Africa, or the Americas?

All the information/predictions about this person come from the Bible.  The entire Bible was written to point to the first and second advent of the anointed one (the Christ).  Since he was born of the line of a King of Israel, the entire book is Israel-centric.  That said, the prophets of the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob (renamed Israel by God) communicated what the future of Israel's descendants would be.  The Antichrist, also known as the man of sin, son of perdition, little horn, the Assyrian and many other titles, was predicted to be the Prince/leader of the people who destroyed Jerusalem.  In AD 70 the Roman Legions sacked and burned Jerusalem and the Jewish Temple after a long siege.  

For many centuries it was assumed that since Roman Legions destroyed the city and the Temple, the AC would be from the area that was once ruled over by Rome. Recently, the author Joel Richardson has postulated a different origin for this Prince (the AC).  He says that at the time of the sacking of Jerusalem, the vast majority of Rome's Legions were Provincials pulled from the areas that had been conquered.  In the case of Jerusalem, it was primarily men from the surrounding countries that burned the Temple and looted and slaughtered the people.  Those men were mostly Arab in origin and as such had an abiding hatred of Jews.  Since those same groups' descendants populate the area today and are almost exclusively Islamic, Richardson posits an Islamic AC.  

1 hour ago, Codemonger said:

You are talking about a much different topic than the Antichrist.

Yes.  That is true.  

Yes, I have described to you the Antichrist - it has nothing to do with what I believe, it is what I know. Understand that the Antichrist is not some abstract notion or concept, it is real, and not natural. It is just not a specific person. 

God Bless!

God's blessing also be with you. 

I guess, maybe what I was asking was how you know.  It seems a fair question to put to someone who claims to have the kind of knowledge that you do.  In a place like this, it's proper to discuss this type of thing because all kinds of people can say all kinds of things.  

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I can accept this without the desire for any greater meaning. We are star stuff and back to the stars we will go. Into that cosmic womb, as dust an ash. To truly return from where all of it came. Does there even need to be a reason? 

Sure, in once sense there does need to be a reason.  A causal chain cannot be of infinite length....so the universe did have a cause.  Since a cause must be; then it logically follows that there is a reason.  What that is, and whether there be any "God" or infinite consciousness, I know and you know that we can't say for sure. 

I mean, is there any reason that molecules attract as they do, or things exist as they do?  Sure there's some reason.  But, if you believe that there is no greater consciousness than just our own selves as we know them.....then yes.....you are right.  At the same time, the fact that a thing can't be scientifically proven doesn't mean that thing doesn't exist.  It just means we don't know it yet, or can't prove it. 

There are plenty of things that exist that we don't know.  Everytime some new scientific discovery is made that was previously unknown, we learn something that we didn't know existed before.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

Sure, in once sense there does need to be a reason.  A causal chain cannot be of infinite length....so the universe did have a cause.  Since a cause must be; then it logically follows that there is a reason.  What that is, and whether there be any "God" or infinite consciousness, I know and you know that we can't say for sure. 

I mean, is there any reason that molecules attract as they do, or things exist as they do?  Sure there's some reason.  But, if you believe that there is no greater consciousness than just our own selves as we know them.....then yes.....you are right.  At the same time, the fact that a thing can't be scientifically proven doesn't mean that thing doesn't exist.  It just means we don't know it yet, or can't prove it. 

There are plenty of things that exist that we don't know.  Everytime some new scientific discovery is made that was previously unknown, we learn something that we didn't know existed before.  

What would be more frightening in your opinion. A consciously aware creator that can do as it pleases regardless of our desires, or an dreaming god, one forever sleeping, wholly unaware of our existence. Even if the source of all this is just some strange primordial cause and we are an accident. The thing is faith and spirituality concern only the individual. It gives meaning to an inherently meaningless existence. Order to chaos in a way. Like how we try to figure out those things we do not yet know. The idea of god is just us projected onto the whole of creation, our gods represent aspect of the human persona often. The only depth to any spiritual idea I have is we are star stuff, I do not know how, I do not know why, it doesn't matter to me, I exist. Life exist. But I have issues believing in the idea that a god created all this for just for one species, on one blue marble, on the edge of one galaxy. It's a terrible waste of space.

When it comes to science discovering new things. I find it wonderful. We learn more in the finite time we have. If only spiritual people would hate on it less, they might learn something. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A consciously aware creator that can do as it pleases regardless of our desires

This is true, that God can do as he pleases. But he decided to create everything in a certain way. Only one way the same for everyone.

If this is realized, then one should go in search of the meaning of God's desire. Because in my experience, although God has created us with an allowance of our desire, it is a temporary thing that is determined on becoming attuned to God-consciousness and his desire.

This is in reality the only way we can actually do as we please.

God is just another way of saying "we don't know". So humanity created some thing to explain the unknown away, we call those things gods.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What would be more frightening in your opinion. A consciously aware creator that can do as it pleases regardless of our desires, or an dreaming god, one forever sleeping, wholly unaware of our existence. Even if the source of all this is just some strange primordial cause and we are an accident. The thing is faith and spirituality concern only the individual. It gives meaning to an inherently meaningless existence. Order to chaos in a way. Like how we try to figure out those things we do not yet know. The idea of god is just us projected onto the whole of creation, our gods represent aspect of the human persona often. The only depth to any spiritual idea I have is we are star stuff, I do not know how, I do not know why, it doesn't matter to me, I exist. Life exist. But I have issues believing in the idea that a god created all this for just for one species, on one blue marble, on the edge of one galaxy. It's a terrible waste of space.

When it comes to science discovering new things. I find it wonderful. We learn more in the finite time we have. If only spiritual people would hate on it less, they might learn something. 

I also think it is a bit more complicated then one God creating everything. God may have been the first source of energy and it just expanded from there. I don't think it is just one entity dictating everything that must be done. That seems more of a human hierarchy structure when people bow down to a god. It is very reptilian minded in nature also. Just look at the Pope's Audience Hall. It looks like a big snake.

vatican184_01_small.jpg

vatican184_05_small.jpg

Edited by Truthseeker007
add pic

19 hours ago, Codemonger said:

Noah did exist as well as the flood, and what God commanded of him. Understand, the account like most Biblical accounts are parables or over exaggerated to explain what they saw, experienced and encountered. The Power of God or even an Angel for that matter can wipe out an entire continent, only leaving whom God wants or desires, especially when things get out of control. 

This is off topic to the Antichrist though. 

God Bless!

Actually Noah was based on a much older story and the original name was Misis. The story of Moses was stolen from a Syrian myth.

59 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

That is what the Parable said that you posted.

What parable? I spoke of the gifting of souls to flesh and their effect on subsequent human evolution. Since they had to be given to flesh by an external source, their origins are, obviously, elsewhere.

15 hours ago, Guyver said:

Now how in the world would you know that?  Do you think that if you believe something it automatically becomes true?

Because he thinks he is an Archangel which is why I told him to lay off the LSD.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

What parable? I spoke of the gifting of souls to flesh and their effect on subsequent human evolution. Since they had to be given to flesh by an external source, their origins are, obviously, elsewhere.

You posted this parable from the Gospel of Thomas: Spirit begets flesh and that is a miracle. If it were the other way around and flesh begat spirit,, that would be a miracle of miracles! I told you what I thought it meant but clearly you think it means something different. That is the problem with a parable for anybody can apply their own meaning to it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What would be more frightening in your opinion. A consciously aware creator that can do as it pleases regardless of our desires, or an dreaming god, one forever sleeping, wholly unaware of our existence. Even if the source of all this is just some strange primordial cause and we are an accident. The thing is faith and spirituality concern only the individual. It gives meaning to an inherently meaningless existence.

I guess I just disagree that life is actually meaningless.  At the most fundamental level; life has a purpose....and a purpose gives it meaning.  We are alive; so the meaning of life is to live - and then die.....just as everything else does.  And while technically not alive....the star stuff you mentioned comes from the stars which also have a life cycle.

At another level; life has the meaning that we ascribe to it.  Every action that we take effects someone or something else in some way.  So, we can be a positive force in this world, a negative one....or most likely; we are all a little of both.  I don't know if you've ever had a dog as a friend/pet but it's a pretty amazing relationship.  When you come home, that dog is excited to see you; and when you're gone it misses you.  So, your life gives great meaning to the others who love you and care about you. 

To me, even if there is no God; this speaks against life having no meaning.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XenoFish said:

What would be more frightening in your opinion. A consciously aware creator that can do as it pleases regardless of our desires, or an dreaming god, one forever sleeping, wholly unaware of our existence.

I guess both of those frighten me to some degree.  I don' t believe that God just does as he pleases.  I think this is a projection made by people; who really don't even get to do as they please either.  Sure, we all have freedom of thought and action to some degree but we are also limited in many ways and incapable of doing what we please.

I am bound by my own moral code.  I only act in ways that I find appropriate; therefore I cannot do to others whatever I wish to do.  I am bound by my own self to respect others.  I can't imagine that a God capable of making this incredible universe would have so little thought or moral code that he/she could just do whatever it pleased regardless of the consequences to others.  But maybe that's just me.  My experience tells me that generally speaking; the more wise and intelligent a person is; the more benevolent they are.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

You posted this parable from the Gospel of Thomas: Spirit begets flesh and that is a miracle. If it were the other way around and flesh begat spirit,, that would be a miracle of miracles! I told you what I thought it meant but clearly you think it means something different. That is the problem with a parable for anybody can apply their own meaning to it.

Including the definition of parable, too, it seems. A parable is a little story that illustrates,and makes a moral point. I take what was said in the G o T literally. The human form was refined to it's present state after it's acquisition of a soul. That is why man has

two natures at war inside him. Between spirit and flesh there is a constant tension, the one ever seeking to dominate and/or over-ride the will and desire of the other

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Guyver said:

At the most fundamental level; life has a purpose

That purpose is whatever you've chosen to define it as. Inherently we have no fixed purpose, life itself may have no fixed or meaningful purpose, it just exist. Like ourselves. We create a purpose and meaning in life. 

• Like 1

It's interesting to see occult symbolism all over the Catholic church. xD

Edited by Scrunchkruckets
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Scrunchkruckets said:

It's interesting to see occult symbolism all over the Catholic church. xD

It's interesting to see Catholic symbolism all over the occult.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

It's interesting to see Catholic symbolism all over the occult.

Western occultism is largely Christian/Catholic based. With a touch of Judaism to boot. Especially ceremonial magick. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I also think it is a bit more complicated then one God creating everything. God may have been the first source of energy and it just expanded from there. I don't think it is just one entity dictating everything that must be done. That seems more of a human hierarchy structure when people bow down to a god. It is very reptilian minded in nature also. Just look at the Pope's Audience Hall. It looks like a big snake.

vatican184_01_small.jpg

vatican184_05_small.jpg

Except it actually looks like this...

Image result for paul vi audience hall

• Like 3