Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

HELP! Minecraft

MiskatonicGrad

My son, whom I love very dearly, recently bought Minecraft for his computer and has allowed me (against my wishes) to play it.

Now I am wondering if there is some sort of support group I need to seek out?

it's not just playing the game. it's the YouTube videos the minecraft wiki site I can't get enough.

I can't dig a hole with out wondering when I'll hit rock and being thankful I don't have a wooden shovel.

So really this is just a query if anyone in the UM universe is a fellow minecrafter. and if you have a favorite video or game related mod you would like to share.

• Like 1

I play every couple of months with a couple friends. Whenever we have a lot of spare time to kill. Usually focuse around a couple beers and ciders and rubbish talk. It's great all the contraptions and such you can construct in it.

been addicted before, just not to minecraft... its very serious, computer game addiction is very dangerous. Usually what I do, is cut it at the root ... uninstall it, remove it from my life

I played it for a week, got bored and stopped playing,

Ditto.

Both my sons play it occasionally. They tried to introduce it to me, but it makes me severely motion sick. I can't do that zooming along in first person next to the ground thing.

I don't really get what is so addictive about it though.

I played until my entire dungeon dynasty was flooded with a strike of the damn pickax. Then I was like, eff this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My son, whom I love very dearly, recently bought Minecraft for his computer and has allowed me (against my wishes) to play it.

it's not just playing the game. it's the YouTube videos the minecraft wiki site I can't get enough.

I can't dig a hole with out wondering when I'll hit rock and being thankful I don't have a wooden shovel.

So really this is just a query if anyone in the UM universe is a fellow minecrafter. and if you have a favorite video or game related mod you would like to share.

I am hopelessly addicted, as well! I am 35 yrs old and should be ashamed of myself! Seriously though, I don't care! I love it for the creative mode mostly. I am currently building a collosal tree house. And I have 2 skyscrapers, an awesome house and a sweet village I made in my current world. And even though I mostly play in creative mode, I love mining for diamonds! I have the PC version which I believe is better than the xbox or pocket editions. Maybe someday I'll try multiplayer. Ahhh good times. Oh and I've youtubed and bought some of the guide books for my kindle! My daughter and her classmates are set to attend a school board meeting to plead their case that minecraft can be used for educational purposes and her (5th grade) teacher let the kids build a town on minecraft for a history project.

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

I am hopelessly addicted, as well! I am 35 yrs old and should be ashamed of myself! Seriously though, I don't care! I love it for the creative mode mostly. I am currently building a collosal tree house. And I have 2 skyscrapers, an awesome house and a sweet village I made in my current world. And even though I mostly play in creative mode, I love mining for diamonds! I have the PC version which I believe is better than the xbox or pocket editions. Maybe someday I'll try multiplayer. Ahhh good times. Oh and I've youtubed and bought some of the guide books for my kindle! My daughter and her classmates are set to attend a school board meeting to plead their case that minecraft can be used for educational purposes and her (5th grade) teacher let the kids build a town on minecraft for a history project.

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

MINECRAFT IS AWRSOME!

So apparently I'm a spaz. I totally didnt mean to post 7 times. Anybody know how I can delete them? Oh well...I'm new. I'll get the hang of it.

You need to take control over your life. I wish you all the best. 35 is a lot, wake up girl