Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indian Air Force jet intercepts 'UFO'

UM-Bot

The aircraft was scrambled when radar stations picked up an object flying at a height of 28,000ft.

Officials took the decision to scramble the jet when the unidentified object was spotted flying towards India from across the border with Pakistan. Air traffic control cleared the area of known aircraft to avoid incident during the pursuit.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/262942/indian-air-force-jet-intercepts-ufo

they were chasing a vimana

• Like 1

The good old weather balloon. What would we do without these things to explain all UFO's...

• Like 1

In this case we have "UFO" being used in the true, albeit less entertaining sense - an object in the sky that was not immediately identified. Of course 75% of the readers will substitute ET vehicle for "UFO" and feel the evidence is mounting.

• Like 1

The good old weather balloon. What would we do without these things to explain all UFO's...

I hear it's parents came from Roswell, NM.

• Like 2

It is good to get a realistic explanation to the encounter rather than conspiracy and fantasy, however, the entire article is so mundane I am surprised it even got reported on this site. There isn't a shred of unexplained about it outside of the duration of spotting it on radar and intercepting it approximately 10 mins later.

Slow news day today I guess!

• Like 1

So you don't believe the explanation? If so what do you think it was?

yes if it is attached to a ticking time bomb

Do weather balloons show up on radar?

Many (if not most) weather balloons carry a Radar Reflector with the express intent of being visible to aircraft and ATC

• Like 3

I hear it's parents came from Roswell, NM.

Hearsay and weather balloons, have we wrapped up the whole UFO phenomenon with two posts?

• Like 1

So you don't believe the explanation? If so what do you think it was?

No Dr No, I am more than happy with the explanation. It was just a quip based on the number of UFO claims that turn out to be weather balloons, this was a classic example, amplified by a title that suggested this case was not solved.

• Like 1

Aliens are disguising themselves as weather balloons now? What will they think of next?

• Like 1

It is good to get a realistic explanation to the encounter rather than conspiracy and fantasy, however, the entire article is so mundane I am surprised it even got reported on this site. There isn't a shred of unexplained about it outside of the duration of spotting it on radar and intercepting it approximately 10 mins later.

Slow news day today I guess!

Indeed. I came across this story a day or so ago, and read it up to 'weather balloon'.. and yes I share your surprise its been posted, but ufo news has been slow lately, and I wonder why :lol:

• Like 1

Do weather balloons show up on radar?

Yes but you need to understand, just sending a balloon up will be pointless, they always carry some sort of sensors in a payload for whatever they are doing

Balloon.gif

• Like 1

pakistan is not interested in weather in the slightest, all pakistan is interested in is jammu and kashmir, they will do anything to get there hands on that piece of land in india since 1950's

and i think this story has something to do with J&K conflict

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart

Hearsay and weather balloons, have we wrapped up the whole UFO phenomenon with two posts?

Pretty much. Aliens would have been more interesting though.

• Like 1

Aliens are disguising themselves as weather balloons now? What will they think of next?

How do we know the Aliens weren't inside the weather balloon?

• Like 2

They would have been better trying to intercept the 20,000 rats in the Karni Mata temple! See: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/262933/20000-rats-roam-indias-karni-mata-temple

• Like 1

they should disguise themselves as aliens, that way noone would believe any reports of them being seen!

• Like 2

That's what happens when there is no evidence.

• Like 3

Don't forget ball lightening, using one unknown to explain another unknown.

• Like 2

Don't forget ball lightening, using one unknown to explain another unknown.

Several types of atmospheric plasma are documented and known to exist. They are not unknowns as much as not well understood.

• Like 1