Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is he lying?Is it his doppelgänger? Am I mad?

Abominable Snowman

I have posted this story in Sightings and Reports but it has happened again and no one has given me a solution and it really is bugging me! :(

Ill just give a quick summarisation seeing as most of you have probably read it in the other section.

The first time it happened was a few weeks ago. My mam and I were driving to a town a bit away from our hometown. I immediately recognised a car coming towards us and as it got nearer, I took in the licence plate and then the driver himself to be my boss. All well and good, he frequently takes trips to the wholesalers. That night I mentioned it to him and asked what drinks he stocked in. He said with a puzzled look, "I haven't been out of here all day". I was like well I saw you! He told me his car keys were down with the mechanic so it couldn't of been him. I was dumbfounded.

The second time with the same person happened yesterday around 12am. Again, me and mam were in the car driving back from the woods this time and funnily anough, the discussion we were having was on my boss. The road was quiet and then a familiar mint green Ford Focus came into view. Licence plate 03 C check. He was wearing the same green jumper he always wears behind the bar not his glasses though which was peculiar. He waved at us. Mam asked who was that? I said it was my boss. She said I wonder where he's going. I told her he told me he sometimes takes the dog for walks up in the woods. We got home and I got a text off him to come into the bar to collect something. I thought it was strange seeing as when we passed him we were almost home and he was driving away from town. I text him saying I would be up there in a while and was it him in the car. He said he hasn't been out in the car at all. I goes up there to collect what I had to and quizzed him about it telling him it had to of been. He asked did I think he tells lies and that the only time he was out in the car was at 2pm to go to the school. He appeared to be telling the truth and he was beginning to lose his patience on the subject so I dropped it. But my how I am stumped!!!

Please help. Maybe I'm hallucinating???

I have posted this story in Sightings and Reports but it has happened again and no one has given me a solution and it really is bugging me! :(

Ill just give a quick summarisation seeing as most of you have probably read it in the other section.

The first time it happened was a few weeks ago. My mam and I were driving to a town a bit away from our hometown. I immediately recognised a car coming towards us and as it got nearer, I took in the licence plate and then the driver himself to be my boss. All well and good, he frequently takes trips to the wholesalers. That night I mentioned it to him and asked what drinks he stocked in. He said with a puzzled look, "I haven't been out of here all day". I was like well I saw you! He told me his car keys were down with the mechanic so it couldn't of been him. I was dumbfounded.

The second time with the same person happened yesterday around 12am. Again, me and mam were in the car driving back from the woods this time and funnily anough, the discussion we were having was on my boss. The road was quiet and then a familiar mint green Ford Focus came into view. Licence plate 03 C check. He was wearing the same green jumper he always wears behind the bar not his glasses though which was peculiar. He waved at us. Mam asked who was that? I said it was my boss. She said I wonder where he's going. I told her he told me he sometimes takes the dog for walks up in the woods. We got home and I got a text off him to come into the bar to collect something. I thought it was strange seeing as when we passed him we were almost home and he was driving away from town. I text him saying I would be up there in a while and was it him in the car. He said he hasn't been out in the car at all. I goes up there to collect what I had to and quizzed him about it telling him it had to of been. He asked did I think he tells lies and that the only time he was out in the car was at 2pm to go to the school. He appeared to be telling the truth and he was beginning to lose his patience on the subject so I dropped it. But my how I am stumped!!!

Please help. Maybe I'm hallucinating???

or maybe he is having an affair!!!

• Like 4

or maybe he is having an affair!!!

First thing I thought, he is going somewhere he doesn't want anyone to know about. Just stay out of his business and you won't get fired lol

• Like 2

First thing I thought, he is going somewhere he doesn't want anyone to know about. Just stay out of his business and you won't get fired lol

lol exactly, the only part that kind of works against that is him 'waving', rather than hiding his face

• Like 1

We got home and I got a text off him to come into the bar to collect something.

what was it you were going in to collect?

oh and who looks after the bar when he collects the kids (seeing as he cant leave the bar)???

I dunno, I'm leaning towards the "Dummy's mad" explanation. :P

After all, she joined UM! :w00t:

*but really, I agree with quillius and coldethyl*

• Like 2

what was it you were going in to collect?

oh and who looks after the bar when he collects the kids (seeing as he cant leave the bar)???

I was collecting darts money I had to put into the credit union. His daughter minds the bar on the odd occassion.

And you're right I should keep out if his business I just want to rule out the mad cow disease which I might have theory. Thank you all though for the replies. :D

• Like 3

Sounds like he's going somewhere he doesn't want you to know about....

Don't pry! I agree with coldethyl, just stay out of his business! He's denying it for a reason....

Sometimes it's better not to know.

• Like 3

Interesting.it might be his doppelgänger ..thanks for posting

Sounds as if boss man is trying to be incognito.

If that's the case then back off Perry Mason, let him have his privacy.

Being a street womans "John" requires a don't ask, don't tell mind set.