Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Syrian Christians make a choice

and-then

The most outrageous part is that they signed away a lot of their religious rights for 'protection' from the very people they signed the treaty with. This isn't protection, it's oppression.

These ISIS nutcases need to go, and it's up to the Syrian people to get rid of them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh they've nothing to worry about, Islam's the religion of peace after all :whistle:

• Like 1

What will happen when the money runs out? Non-muslims in oppressive countries rarely get the good-paying jobs, which are reserved for "faithful" muslims. If a christian family is forced into poverty and can't afford the jizya tax, the parents will likely be imprisoned or killed, and the children forced to convert to islam.

• Like 1

What will happen when the money runs out? Non-muslims in oppressive countries rarely get the good-paying jobs, which are reserved for "faithful" muslims. If a christian family is forced into poverty and can't afford the jizya tax, the parents will likely be imprisoned or killed, and the children forced to convert to islam.

The "good" news is that when Issa,Isa, Muslim "Jesus" returns there will be no more tax! The bad news is then your only choice will be conversion or death.

Generally speaking during such oppressive epochs members of minorities depend on trade; concentrate on education, and work in independent professions: doctors, accountants, engineers...etc. Those who are well off aid the less fortunate through church organizations.

• Like 1

Generally speaking during such oppressive epochs members of minorities depend on trade; concentrate on education, and work in independent professions: doctors, accountants, engineers...etc. Those who are well off aid the less fortunate through church organizations.

I wish I shared your optimism M. It appears to me that those particular jihadists (ISIS) are behaving more like the El Shabab in Somalia or the Afghani Taliban.

I wish I shared your optimism M. It appears to me that those particular jihadists (ISIS) are behaving more like the El Shabab in Somalia or the Afghani Taliban.

Or Boko Harem in Nigeria.

But then, is this a surprise ? They all share a common set of written scripture.

• Like 1

Actually I agree with you! I was talking in general terms not specifically just about ISIS, when various ME countries witnessed the rise of particularly oppressive ideologies.

On an aside note, I wonder if this group is aware that their acronym is the name of not only a 'pagan idol', but a female goddess at that!!! :w00t:

• Like 2

Actually I agree with you! I was talking in general terms not specifically just about ISIS, when various ME countries witnessed the rise of particularly oppressive ideologies.

On an aside note, I wonder if this group is aware that their acronym is the name of not only a 'pagan idol', but a female goddess at that!!! :w00t:

I hadn't made that particular VERY ironic connection - you go Meryt! :w00t:
  • Like 1

Ohh they've nothing to worry about, Islam's the religion of peace after all :whistle:

Don't generalize ... you have radicals in any religion, and you have true believers

Don't generalize ... you have radicals in any religion, and you have true believers

Except with Islam we in the west have trouble seeing the difference. I truly do not mean that as an insult to Muslims in general. But some scriptures from the Qur'an are used to justify Jihad and slaughter and in truth it seems that those who actually make holy war ARE the more devout.