Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hero seniors take down suspect

Likely Guy

" TORONTO -

Don’t mess with us, say seniors who held a thief until police arrived.

Three Good Samaritans came to the aid of an 82-year-old woman in their Dundas St. E.-Sherbourne Ave. area Toronto Community Housing building after a stranger followed the octogenarian into her apartment on Sunday.

Chin-Hua Chen, 70, said alarm bells went off in his head the minute he saw the stranger enter the building behind him and the woman around 1:45 p.m.

Toronto Police alleged the man got into the woman’s apartment by offering to help carry her groceries and tried to steal her purse."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/25/good-samaritans-hold-thief-for-cops?google_editors_picks=true

• Like 4

What was an 82 year old woman doing walking around at all hours like that? Roaming the streets at 1:45 in the afternoon? Scandalous!...

Just kidding... Glad that her neighbors were looking out for her well being and willing to help her out...

• Like 5

Now that's the way things are supposed to work!

• Like 4

LOL it sounds like a movie script to hear them explain it

Ripped from the Toronto Sun link:

“I had only eyes for (the thief) and I grabbed him,” Chen said, adding he saw the man let go of the woman’s purse at one point.

While Chen and the intruder exchanged punches, 70-year-old Janie Harris came running with a wooden hiking stick.

“I put my hiking stick with the prong in his crotch,” she said with a laugh. “So if he’s going to move, he’s going to get hurt.”

The commotion attracted a third Good Samaritan — resident Tony, who held down the purse snatcher and was a “big help,” Chen said.

• Like 3

Now that's the way things are supposed to work!

That'll be the last time that 52 year old young punk messes with them. :)

• Like 4

That'll be the last time that 52 year old young punk messes with them. :)

That was the first thing that went through my mind before I read how old he was. :lol:

It's like when my neighbor said that her grandson was going to move in with her to help her out. I don't know how old this fairly spry, little old lady is, but her grandson is in his 50's. :w00t:

• Like 2

good thing there was no cops around, or they would kill them all, mistaking canes for guns.

In the US, probably so.

Maybe in Canada, not so much?