Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

joe biden to single moms stay home

danielost

Joe Given told single moms to stay hone and take care of kids, obamacare will take care of you.

Welfare was used by the left to keep people in poverty there. It was a status quo keeper. Is if your poor you staid poor and on welfare. It seems that the democrats have found a way to bring it back.

We need people who are trying not sitting on their butts waiting for handouts, if their able to work. We don't need another generation not knowing how to work.

Poverty is bigated toward the black family and poor families.

• Like 1

Can you provide a source for your initial claim? I looked on the net and couldn't find anything. Fyi, i worked at a welfare department for 8 years and can tell you nobody happily walked through the door. They did so because they couldn't feed their babies, because they got laid off their jobs, because they had a chronic illness or injury that kept them from working. Or because dad walked away and paid no child support. And when a member of the LDS walked in the door we referred them to the bishop who saw they got the help they needed without chiding them for being temporarily down on their luck or calling them lazy or accusing them of looking for a handout, as you so charmingly put it.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 3

Joe Given told single moms to stay hone and take care of kids, obamacare will take care of you.

Joe is loving the women's vote longtime! A preemptive pre-campaign broadside against the Dread Lady, Hillary Rodham.

Joe's got a good deal from the government that will appeal to many unemployed mothers and baby daddys alike.

• Like 1

Welfare was used by the left to keep people in poverty there. It was a status quo keeper. Is if your poor you staid poor and on welfare. It seems that the democrats have found a way to bring it back.

We need people who are trying not sitting on their butts waiting for handouts, if their able to work. We don't need another generation not knowing how to work.

Poverty is bigated toward the black family and poor families.

That last sentence made me laugh. danielost did you forget your meds? slow down take a deep breath. Joe (jimmy buffet) Biden is a freaking idiot. I can see why Obama picked him as veep, because if anyone can make Obama look like he has at least a spark of intelligence it's Joe. with the way the current administration is handling the job situation the single moms may have no choice but to stay home.

I'm still waiting for a source for Daniel's first statement.

And need to remind people that 80% of the people on welfare are single moms with kids. We all know the job market is abysmal, we should know the cost of child care for 2-3 kids makes work impractical for single parent families. Go ahead and poke fun at or hate on Joe, that's personal opinion, but when you demonize poor women & children and chastise them for being poor, call them lazy and looking for a handout because them find themselves temporarily unable to take care of themselves and their kids because of changed economic circumstances, I'm going to stand up and say something. And not one dang word about our corporate welfare program, no, let's pick on the women & children who are struggling to put their lives back together under adverse circumstances. This thread kept me awake last night because of its callousness and lack of compassion and ignorance about the conditions of poverty. So yeah, I join you in wondering what the world's coming to.

• Like 5

Joe is loving the women's vote longtime!

Laughed harder than I should have at that :tsu:

Joe will be squawking about Hillary's War on Women here soon, after what the battleaxe said yesterday about Obamacare.

Edited by Merc14

I'm still waiting for a source for Daniel's first statement.

And need to remind people that 80% of the people on welfare are single moms with kids. We all know the job market is abysmal, we should know the cost of child care for 2-3 kids makes work impractical for single parent families. Go ahead and poke fun at or hate on Joe,

you are absolutely right about single moms, kids are full time job. even 1

what is even worst, that some are denied welfare because their child support (on paper) puts them above required income, worst thing is, some don't even get child support that they owed.

i do not like the Joe, he never gave me any reason to like him, i don't care for him, but in this case, he is not so wrong.

However, i'm no economist, but how will obamacre pay their rent, and bills? even if it does pay 100% for all medical needs, still there are other expences that have nothing to do with health.

http://cnsnews.com/n...cause-obamacare <this may be it

Edited by aztek

My only question is does the same thing go for single dads? Or just us ladies?

My boss said something similar to me once, I told him to go **** himself. Any self-reliant single mother is gonna feel the same way.

We should be encouraging these women to get educated and find a career, not sit at home and not even try....

What a warped view.

My only question is does the same thing go for single dads? Or just us ladies?

My boss said something similar to me once, I told him to go **** himself. Any self-reliant single mother is gonna feel the same way.

We should be encouraging these women to get educated and find a career, not sit at home and not even try....

What a warped view.

And that is exactly the question I would ask. On the other hand, single dads is probably a relation of 1:100... which makes them irrelevant in the political game.

• Like 2

From the article:

"Well, I can tell you, I thought I was invincible as a young man and a senator. I was diagnosed with a -- I needed a craniotomy."

Sounds like he needs another one.

My buddy's wife was complaining that she was bored and couldn't socialize being a housewife and that she wanted to go get a job. So of course he let her. His complaint however was that the cost of childcare was far greater than the income she was getting from her job and basically he was paying her to have a job.

This got me thinking. How does a single mom survive if she has to pay someone else to watch her kids while she works. And it's no wonder that our schools are more like daycares than educational institutes.

My buddy's wife was complaining that she was bored and couldn't socialize being a housewife and that she wanted to go get a job. So of course he let her. His complaint however was that the cost of childcare was far greater than the income she was getting from her job and basically he was paying her to have a job.

This got me thinking. How does a single mom survive if she has to pay someone else to watch her kids while she works. And it's no wonder that our schools are more like daycares than educational institutes.

That is not uncommon, especially among young families.

Our problem seems to be that our valuation of work seems to be slightly skewed: work to insure the well being of our children (or our future) and you are looked down upon. Push a pencil in some office that generates nothing but costs and you are a hero.

And that is exactly the question I would ask. On the other hand, single dads is probably a relation of 1:100... which makes them irrelevant in the political game.

No doubt poverty has become a hot button topic in the political arena. Daniel, you still haven't posted a source for your original statement. Does anyone have a source, or is this just opinion passed off as information?

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

aca won't pay the bills, the family would have to go on welfare. Which really isn't enough income to live on, it's temporary, and degrading. So aca may give mom more choices,but nothing as desireable as earning a paycheck big enough to pay the bills. Biden's comments revealed a real lack of understanding of the economic, emotional, and psychology of single moms. Thanks for the link, i am wishing biden was playing for the other team.

aca won't pay the bills, the family would have to go on welfare. Which really isn't enough income to live on, it's temporary, and degrading. So aca may give mom more choices,but nothing as desireable as earning a paycheck big enough to pay the bills. Biden's comments revealed a real lack of understanding of the economic, emotional, and psychology of single moms. Thanks for the link, i am wishing biden was playing for the other team.

Hate to break the news to you but he is one of your team captains.

Who cares? There's plenty of clowns just like Joe Biden on both teams.

Stop picking one clown team over the other. Kill 'em all.

• Like 1

How does a single mom survive if she has to pay someone else to watch her kids while she works.

State subsidize child care and preschool I assume.

I have 2 kids and was completely and utterly destitute when I kicked my (now ex) husband out. If I got any type of job that could have actually supported us, there was no way I could afford daycare for both of them.

So, I started my own business online so I could raise them myself. I understand not an option for everyone, but neither is giving up and sitting on your butt at home not even trying to work.

• Like 3

Companies should invest in new solutions to assist working mothers. Not many corporations in the US provide in-site child-care facilities. If we're serious on making single mothers "head back to work", we could do that. Joe Biden is the opposite of Newt Gingrich, the house speaker during the Clinton administration wanted single mothers to withdraw from welfare payments in the era's Welfare Reform acts. Single moms and dads should have the option to find employment if they don't want to remain on welfare. There's not enough good-paying jobs right now, so it will be harder to leave welfare than it was the case in the roaring economy of the late 1990s.

• Like 2

Who cares? There's plenty of clowns just like Joe Biden on both teams.

Stop picking one clown team over the other. Kill 'em all.

With fire...so it doesn't regenerate...

• Like 1

Companies should invest in new solutions to assist working mothers. Not many corporations in the US provide in-site child-care facilities. If we're serious on making single mothers "head back to work", we could do that. Joe Biden is the opposite of Newt Gingrich, the house speaker during the Clinton administration wanted single mothers to withdraw from welfare payments in the era's Welfare Reform acts. Single moms and dads should have the option to find employment if they don't want to remain on welfare. There's not enough good-paying jobs right now, so it will be harder to leave welfare than it was the case in the roaring economy of the late 1990s.

And Obama and the dems are making it harder to get a good paying job.