Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Lights above the sea

Scrunchkruckets

Ever since i was in my teens i've seen strange lights in the sky. There were maybe 40 or 50 hovering, just above the sea outside Dublin in Ireland..

they had a red light flickering too. i never seen their shape they only came out when it was dark.. they would stop and shine really bright orangey yellow whiteish light. ..

it got to the point where they were coming out everytime i asked them.. and they always came out when i was in trouble.. or when i was running away from home which was nearly every week...my mother was a very difficult person..... the lovely lights use to follow us too.. i called them sky angels.. and to this day they still come out when i ask cud i see them..

i belive they were there to protect me and to let me know i wasnt alone..even though i felt alone.. when i stayed in my boyfriends house, his brother went out the front for a cigarette at 3in the morning and saw two orangey red disc shaped objects about a meter long flying around the front garden.. one of them went towards him and he came bk in and ran upstairs and woke his parents.. the top of the bush were they were flying was all singed and burnt..i never seen them that close myself.. but im convinced they followed us home to my boyfriends house.. lol

I live in the city now and i rarely see them.. but they are still in my heart and im thankful they were there to get me through my difficult teen years.. and i really hope someone else gets to have the same wonderful experience i had.. :) if anyone wants to see them my advice wud be....just ask... :)

• Like 1

Ever since i was in my teens i've seen strange lights in the sky. There were maybe 40 or 50 hovering, just above the sea outside Dublin in Ireland..

they had a red light flickering too. i never seen their shape they only came out when it was dark.. they would stop and shine really bright orangey yellow whiteish light. ..

it got to the point where they were coming out everytime i asked them.. and they always came out when i was in trouble.. or when i was running away from home which was nearly every week...my mother was a very difficult person..... the lovely lights use to follow us too.. i called them sky angels.. and to this day they still come out when i ask cud i see them..

i belive they were there to protect me and to let me know i wasnt alone..even though i felt alone.. when i stayed in my boyfriends house, his brother went out the front for a cigarette at 3in the morning and saw two orangey red disc shaped objects about a meter long flying around the front garden.. one of them went towards him and he came bk in and ran upstairs and woke his parents.. the top of the bush were they were flying was all singed and burnt..i never seen them that close myself.. but im convinced they followed us home to my boyfriends house.. lol

I live in the city now and i rarely see them.. but they are still in my heart and im thankful they were there to get me through my difficult teen years.. and i really hope someone else gets to have the same wonderful experience i had.. :)if anyone wants to see them my advice wud be....just ask... :)

Re the last sentence. Couldn't you just setup cameras and ask them to appear again so that we can all see?

They always be around seaside town's i dont know what they are tho you must live near Bray,

I seen lights like that in blackpool hovering above the water one night when i was outside the hotel i was staying in having a smoke.

• Like 1

yeah i never seen them anywhere else just close to the sea.

i lived in the Laytown, Bettystown area. but i know Bray very well.. And there were sightings near Bray too..

When I travelled to Cork i seen them there too. A lot of people see them i would say..

.. im glad you got to see them too Rekindle..

• Like 1

Yea it weird that its only seaside towns tho and not everybody gets to see them. I think they only show them selves to spiritually people or people who are very gifted.

so i must say i feel obliged Scruchkruckets. :yes:

• Like 1

me too awwww...!!. :):wub: <3

Edited by Scrunchkruckets

I hate when this devise im typing on decides to put in its own words,,,

Obliged was ment to be Chuffed.

• Like 1

Lol thats somthing we have in common lol and Plus we both live in Ireland :yes::su:st:clap:

• Like 1

I just have a 100% measurand on my Skepticism-O-Meters display about this story.

• Like 1

I'm confused. Are they only visible in British towns? I've spent a lot of my life in seaside towns down under, and despite (or perhaps because of?) me having a really good camera and tripod, binoculars and even a GoTo telescope, I've neither seen nor heard of the phenomenon. Who else is reporting them? Any folks with decent cameras or observing equipment?

Are they solely visible to one person? If not, and given you say 'to this day they still come out when i ask', is there some reason you have not tried to record their existence, or even ask someone nearby to do so?

If they are only visible to you, and apparently don't do anything but appear, then what do you think is their purpose or significance to others?

I live in belfast :yes:

If only scientists were more spiritual so they can see them. :su

Take some pictures and show somebody else too.

Its always the trick ,having the cam ready and the Willing to shoot it ! :tu:

Its always the trick ,having the cam ready and the Willing to shoot it ! :tu:

Wink wink, nudge nudge right

orangey yellow whiteish light.

so what colour is it?