Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Billionaire claims aging process 'reversed'

UM-Bot

Fashion mogul Peter Nygard's investment in stem cell research has allegedly resulted in a cure for aging.

The 70-year-old billionaire who lives in the Bahamas has claimed that a stem cell treatment he has been undergoing over the last four years has reversed the aging process in his own body and that he is literally getting younger by the day.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/263050/billionaire-claims-aging-process-reversed

• Like 1

let me guess: another one who committed so many sins getting rich that now he is afraid of dying?

• Like 4

If this is true, I doubt he 'reversed' aging. More likely he 'slowed' the aging process slightly.

• Like 1

I'm sure someday billionaires will be able to reverse the aging process but the rest of us will have to live with it or rather die with it.

• Like 1

Fashion mogul huh? So he's not only getting younger but he also looks faaaaabulous, bwhahaha.

• Like 3

let me guess: another one who committed so many sins getting rich that now he is afraid of dying?

I feel sorry for him. He's merely trying to come to terms with having to wear a diaper and being spoon-fed baby food.

• Like 7

I'm interested in what UofM will find in it's studies. This isn't the first rich man that's gone looking for a cure for death.

• Like 2

"If living were a thing that money could buy.... you know the rich would live and the poor would die."

- Peter, Paul, and Mary

• Like 2

You can't "cure" the inevitable. I wouldn't want to be among the very, very rich who can afford to mess around with this stuff because I think the only thing they may outlive is the money they waste on trying not to die like everyone else.

• Like 2

Ya rite now they invent it 50 years later then they commercialize it. Anyway he still looks his age..

• Like 1

Someone should notify him "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" is a fictitious story.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for him. He's merely trying to come to terms with having to wear a diaper and being spoon-fed baby food.

that was my thought when i read this - so if he is reversing his age, who is going to change his diapers when he becomes a baby again?
  • Like 1

This means that we will eventually be ruled by the same people for eternity. Before anyone says term limits, how long until those no longer apply, or increase due to extended lifespans?

Edited by WoIverine

Cure? I didn't realize growing old was a disease

• Like 2

We are all on death row, racing toward the executioner. No one can escape the sting of our fate. No amount of money, power or intelligence can produce a stay of execution. Fear and Panic motivates some to search for a way to cheat death. What comforts you?

Maximus

Sounds like he is fishing for more Investment to me.Too be honest he looks kind of freaky,and you wonder wether it is actually his diet and exercise regime that makes him appear younger.

Either way,this is potentially a risky road that mankind is embarking on and too be honest if this is really true and his research is verified,do you really think that this would be available to us mere mortals ?

Edited by shaddow134

The funny thing about this is that cancer cells, for example, are considered "immortal" unless gone into remission, removed, killed or soon after the human dies. This is because "replication" does not cease, causing a potential "choke-hold" on vital organs as it continues to replicate.

Of the nearly 200 different types of cells comprising the human body, all have different replicative cycles. Some cells replicate longer than others. Other cells will completely die sooner.

In certain types of cancer cells, the "stop-point" of replicative ability has been "shut-off" Thus it's "immortality", yet also thus it's dangers as it literally grows to obstruct the functioning of nearby cells. In other cases, such as metastasis, the immortal cancer cells travel through the blood or lymph system, etc... causing major problems throughout parts of the human body.

This is one reason why there is so much interest in cancer cells... due to their replicative longevity.

In contrast, vital cells of the brain have a replicative life-span of about 140-years.

Other cells below the brain have lifespans lower, including the vital organs, which is one reason we do not live to 140-years.

Stem cells are curious beasts... they can form into any of those nearly 200 cell types we live with. I do not know how that's done.

As such, the stem cell, once transformed and integrated into the right place, can significantly extend the life span of that organ, as those transformed stem cells are "babies" as opposed the existing cells of that organ. In a weird sense, truly "turning-back-the-clock" on that organ.

If he does not "look" any younger, that is of little concern, as "looks" involve different cells having nothing to do with primary organ stem cell treatment, which would not affect his "looks" in the short term, if at all. Of course, this wholly depends on the "variety" of stem cell treatment given or available.

I hope that I have most of this right. Please correct me where I'm wrong.

Edited by pallidin

Do you really think that this would be available to us mere mortals ?

Maybe, but I bet we'd probably have to give up our ability to have children. That would be one way to curb the population growth. Might not be such a bad thing. If we all could live forever...imagine the things we could achieve, it would be incredible.

Edited by WoIverine

Maybe, but I bet we'd probably have to give up our ability to have children. That would be one way to curb the population growth. Might not be such a bad thing. If we all could live forever...imagine the things we could achieve, it would be incredible.

Indeed, both "higher wisdom" from some and "higher developed psychosis" from others would be prevalent.

Hard call, to be sure.

• Like 1

This means that we will eventually be ruled by the same people for eternity. Before anyone says term limits, how long until those no longer apply, or increase due to extended lifespans?

Just because one can't die of natural causes doesn't mean they can't die via other terms. Surely, if they did attempt eternal power among the people, assassination would follow.

You just redefined hell on Earth for me. :no:

It's spelled 'ageing' by the way.

Not so fast. Ever heard of "mom" versus "mum"?

"ageing" and "mum" is "British English", whereas "aging" and "mom" is "American English"

Just so you know... not important.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2