Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Now Anyone Can Be The NSA

questionmark

Yesterday, when Bryan Seely showed me his various Google Maps exploits, he showed me more than just dick jokes and fake businesses. Using these tricks, Seely was also able to set up a system that could surreptitiously record phone calls to the FBI and Secret Service. And he actually did it.

The premise is simple; instead of creating fake businesses with stupid names, he created fake locations for an FBI office in San Francisco and a Secret Service office in Washington DC, each effectively taking the place of its real life counterpart. These new locations were identical to their real-life counterparts—with one important change. A new phone number.

I saw this in action. Seely sent me a link to a Google Maps Search query for "federal bureau of investigation near San Francisco, CA." There, I saw two otherwise identical listings, and when I called the one Seely pointed out to me as fake, he was the one who picked up the phone.

Read more

• Like 1

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hermai

• questionmark

• Orcseeker

Sounds like he simply set up an alternative phone line that would recieve some of the calls mistakenly.