Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McDonald's sued for $1.5 million

thedutchiedutch

A McDonald's customer is suing the fast food restaurant for $1.5million because he was given only one napkin with his meal.

Webster Lucas claims he is now unable to work because of the 'undue mental anguish' and 'emotional distress' caused by the incident.

He launched the lawsuit following a row with the store manager at the outlet in Pacoima, California, on January 29

Link to full article : http://www.dailymail...one-NAPKIN.html

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 1

$1.5 million??? go for it!!!

lol it will never work

We don't get napkins "given" to us in McDonalds, there is a dispenser at the condiments sideboard where you can take as many as suits you.I hope this guy gets "shot in the foot" and has to pay Court costs.This is taking Sueing people/firms to an extreme level.

• Like 6

please not brag about my $1.5 million lawsuit please dana snay

• Like 4

People like this are what is wrong with the world.

• Like 3

We don't get napkins "given" to us in McDonalds, there is a dispenser at the condiments sideboard where you can take as many as suits you.I hope this guy gets "shot in the foot" and has to pay Court costs.This is taking Sueing people/firms to an extreme level.

he cannot tell the difference between mcdonalds and KFC

If he wins.......for once, I will be taking a trip to McDonalds.......for a couple of (unrequested) napkins. :yes:

• Like 1

please not brag about my $1.5 million lawsuit please dana snay

I think she will be safe to brag about this one......I am laughing so much I need a napkin, now who has got a spare one? let me ask around on facebook.

• Like 2

The size of some of the people i see going into Mcdonald's i'm surprised a napkin cuts it for them, I'd think they would need a tablecloth at least.

• Like 2

He's pulled the race card over a napkin, and claiming he's so distressed that he can't work?

My 8 year old is a better bull**** artist than this guy.

Edited by Awake2Chaos
  • Like 3

Webster Lucas claims he is now unable to work because of the 'undue mental anguish' and 'emotional distress' caused by the incident.

Oh good God. I sense a scam in making(not that it will go anywhere of course)

Or, someone that needs a vacation in an insane asylum.

• Like 2

Any defence Lawyer who backs this guy must be lower than a snakes butt. Oh I forgot they get $250 an hour win lose or draw.

• Like 3

Any defence Lawyer who backs this guy must be lower than a snakes butt. Oh I forgot they get $250 an hour win lose or draw.

It just goes to show how low people will scoop to make a buck, thinking of sueing in the first place is low and then someone comes along and goes even lower by taking on the case.

• Like 3

Lawsuits like this is whats wrong with the US. Look at someone cross eyed and they will scream mental anguish.

I have no hopes of this being thrown out of court, which it should be, because of this from the OP's article.

A case which has gone down in legal folklaw involved Merv Grazinski who set his Winnebago on cruise control, slid away from the wheel and went back to fix a cup of coffee.

The Winnebago unsurprisingly crashed.

Grazinski blamed the manufacturer of the motor homes, above, for not warning against such a maneuver in the owner's manual. He sued and won $1.75 million.

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 3

Lawsuits like this is whats wrong with the US. Look at someone cross eyed and they will scream mental anguish.

I have no hopes of this being thrown out of court, which it should be, because of this from the OP's article.

Its the small print which gets people most of the time, but in this Mcdonalds case, there is no small print, just a small mind attached to a rather large stomach. I hope it gets thrown out with the uneaten gherkins.

• Like 3

I hope he loses! God. McDonald's has been getting sued over the dumbest crap. They have to put their foot down and say that enough is enough.

• Like 2

I hope that this "lawsuit" is a joke because I have a difficult time wrapping my mind around the idea that someone is so weak minded that they are going to suffer "mental anguish" over getting one napkin in his stupid meal and therefore is unable to work and feels he is entitled to massive compensation.

I can only assume this idiot will be laughed at BIG time.

• Like 3

I hope he loses! God. McDonald's has been getting sued over the dumbest crap. They have to put their foot down and say that enough is enough.

The problem is some dumb judge and jury will award him this money like they have others. I know someone that was sued because some old lady fell asleep in a booth in their restaurant then hit her head on the wall. It was all her fault yet she won. People need to have to take more responsibility for themselves and not blame others for their own mistakes.
  • Like 3

At least he got ONE.

• Like 3

At least he got ONE.

Well I am impressed he could count to that!

• Like 3

Actually, the lawsuit is about being racially discriminated against - apparently the store manager said a bad word "under his breath which the customer heard. So, yeh good luck with the lawsuit - how do you prove someone mumbling is saying what you have imagined they are saying in a court of law?

• Like 1