Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Burger King Receipt Insults

Dumpnuts

Profane Burger King receipt moves Richmond grandmother to tears

RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – A Richmond woman said she would never go back to Burger King after she was handed a receipt that labeled her and her daughter-in-law “B****A** H***.”

“This is more than an insult. I mean calling you names on a piece of a paper, that will hurt somebody,” Miss Lorel said while fighting back tears. “I liked going there. But after this they won’t get my business anymore.”

“He did apologize. He also called the young lady over and asked her, ‘did you see this?’ She just shook her head. He said it had never happened before,” Miss Lorel recalled.Miss Lorel, who did not want her last name made public, said she saw the profanity on the receipt Saturday night while she picked up her order at the drive thru of the Belt Boulevard restaurant. She immediately asked to see the manager.

“We are obviously upset by the harm this has caused one of our customers,” franchise owner John Naparlo said.

A Burger King district manager said he was “dealing with” the situation.

http://wtvr.com/2014/02/24/profane-burger-king-receipt/

Fighting back tears? What is wrong with some of these fast food dinners?......too much junk food !

She has either made this scam up to get some compo (seems to be the fad) or has been the subject of a disgruntled member of staff.

What is scary is these fast food people get so upset over words or a missing napkin.....jeeeeze, I hope no one ever has to rely on any of this lot in a real life or death situation, they would either be no where to be seen or getting a lawsuit ready to sue you if you survive.

• Like 4

shocking.... just shocking...... be more shocking if it is a genuine ticket with those insulting words on it

Just shows the intellect and attitude of many who work in these places. I said "many" not MOST. That type of work would be stressful and not very rewarding and most of those who do it do so conscientiously I think. But it only takes an idiot doing something like this - or not washing their hands properly after a bathroom visit and the franchisee can lose big time. I remember a McDonalds in my hometown that was in one of the best locations available and because one of his employees had Hep A and didn't wash after a toilet he caused over a dozen people to become infected - the guy lost his restaurant. In this situation I'd have demanded an apology from the person who wrote it at a minimum.

• Like 2

I never even check my receipt so I could have been called all kinds.I would imagine mostly drunk idiot though.. <_<

• Like 1

UPDATE: “The employee involved in this incident has been terminated,” Burger King wrote.

:gun::cry:

• Like 3

UPDATE: “The employee involved in this incident has been terminated,” Burger King wrote.

Terminated ??,ha ha, probably minced and served as a burgher with barbeque sauce.but I dont believe this story as if you go thru a drive-in they haven't time to mess about but get rid of you a.s.a.p.Another million bucks lawsuit scam maybe.It doesn't take a lot of knowledge to photo copy a receipt,put extra words on it and print it out as genuine.Cheers.
  • Like 1

terminator is out to get you burger king employer

This seems to be a more and more common theme. Disgruntled workers playing out frustrations on customers thinking said patrons will not notice. By the way.... what is a gruntled worker?

• Like 1

An apology would be called for but I wouldn't recommend asking for one. Why bother if it's only going to be insincere. I get being miffed when somebody disrespects you, and especially when such is unprovoked, but I don't think this sort of a situation is really worth getting bent out of shape over. If you don't wish to be a customer somewhere then that's your right. Just refrain from trying to make the matter dramatic and everybody's business.

What makes me laugh is these diners are not eating in the Ritz or high class restuarant, it seems to be the fast food burger eaters which are getting all veined up over nothing, says it all really. I think a change of diet is called for, maybe a bit of veg in their diet and maybe even try some home made cooking.

• Like 3

What makes me laugh is these diners are not eating in the Ritz or high class restuarant, it seems to be the fast food burger eaters which are getting all veined up over nothing, says it all really. I think a change of diet is called for, maybe a bit of veg in their diet and maybe even try some home made cooking.

I live in the city that this happened in. The people that live in the area that this happened, don't surprise me at all. It's a low-income & high-crime area. Everybody there is out for a quick buck there.
  • Like 1

I live in the city that this happened in. The people that live in the area that this happened, don't surprise me at all. It's a low-income & high-crime area. Everybody there is out for a quick buck there.

Admitting to getting upset over nothing in a burger joint is quite emabarassing enough, but these people have no shame, then they try to sue???

It's mostly young kids who work in this area and I can see this happening. If it happened to me I would let the manager know and get my apology face to face right then especially for my daughter. Then I'd ask which cars are theirs in the parking lot.

seems to me it's fairly easy to find out who created the receipt name. everyone who uses the cash register has to code in - which means they have their own code that identifies that they have their fingers in the till. also there are cameras everywhere in those fast food places to see who is at the window and who is at the cash. also there are employee records stating who was working and what station they were working at.

i think there may be some avoidance going on here

edit to add, oops i just saw that the offending employee has been fired.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 1