Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

things i know, things i believe

danielost

I know when I was born, I had my first thought "so this is life!"

With this knowledge I know there was something before life that wasn't life.

Because of this I believe there is a god.

I believe that Christ was the son of god.

I believe there is something after life.

I know I have not been good enough to go to heaven.

I no longer strive to be perfect, just be true to myself.

I wish I were as sure as you. My earliest thought that I recall is: What is that?

I asked it about everything.

But back to what you wrote, Right on.

Ok, was the point of this post to begin a discussion on something, or are you just professing your beliefs? Don't take that as an insult, it's a serious question. Because if this is supposed to bring about a discussion of the premises you put forth, I can see a few logical fallacies, but if you just are letting us know your beliefs and aren't looking for a debate/discussion, then I wont bring them up.

I wanedthis o be about their knowledge and beliefs.

I believe people are very capable of self delusion, and just add the other people willing to share in it.

I know a lot less now than I did 20 years ago, and my list of beliefs has shrunk considerably. The older I get the more I separate my beliefs from my knowledge; I used to confuse one with another. Now my emphasis is on what I do: acts of compassion, kindness, being of service, finding ways of supporting people through hard times, etc., and letting my heard guide me, not my mind. My heart has no beliefs, no dogma, no philosophy, so life comes down to a simple matter of actions, and whether those actions bring blessings.

• Like 2

I wanedthis o be about their knowledge and beliefs.

Who is "their"?

Science would love you daniel, to be able to say "so this is life" when born, is pretty remarkable, most people do not say their first words until later and its generally dada or mama.

• Like 1

I didn,t say it just thought it. My mom thinks I was six months old.

I didn,t say it just thought it. My mom thinks I was six months old.

So you thought it......like saying it in your head....same thing daniel

Confused, did your mum read your mind, which was miraculously able to string a few words together about "life" at 6 months?

• Like 1

I think my first thoughts were, "Cold, wet, hungry, BOOB!"

• Like 1

"show me the face you had before you were born1" (Zen) I remember being in my mothers belly and listening her to talking with her friends; one point, she wanted me to kick, and i did...then i went backto sleep...i also remember where i was before i came here--but that's something else.

i picked my mother...did you pick yours...

or at least remember doing so?

those of us, with non-traumatic births, come into life with total recall, from that which we came from. As a Doula(non-medical support during labor), I held infants seconds old, and they would look directly in my eyes; with an all-knowingness. Then....the forgetting begins, until we are on our Soul Path....and the remembering comes back! Most often, but not always, takes a lifetime.

My mom said I was trying to hold the girl's hand next to me when I was two days old. Guess I have liked girls from the beginning.