Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Death Experience Would You Choose?

Beany

A friend of mine spent the last couple of weeks with a friend who was at the end of his life, and old rancher/cowboy. She said she saw two sets of horse's hooves when he crossed over, one horse ridden by his spouse who'd died 15 years ago, the other for the cowboy. I thought, what a great way to go. Then I started thinking about what I would like to happen when I die.

I would like to see those people who've hurt me the most, who caused me harm, and reconcile with them, so that I could once again love them fully and unreservedly. I've been carrying around some of that pain for a long time, the pain of no longer being able to love fully and completely because it wasn't safe to do so. And that really sucks; it feels like something important was taken away from me that I'd like to have back..

I'm wondering how other people feel or what they think about their own end time. What one or two things, putting aside the religious, would you like to happen?

One word.....

Peacefull.

• Like 3

I like peaceful too. But I liked how it happened in "phenomenon ". He was awake but not in pain. If it really is the end, I want to follow it all the way down.

I have heard that when people die this way with their eyes open and awake, that the last few seconds they express the most amazing calmness and reassure everyone that its ok.

If there is no life after death, I want to see what this is all about.

I hope I can have family close and I can relate what I'm experiencing to them. I hope there is little or no pain but I almost look forward to the transition.

I want Captain Crunch, because you and the Captain can make it happen.I do not have to worry about the roof of my mouth getting cut up when I am dead.

• Like 3

What's that old saying? To be dead and in heaven ten minutes before the Devil knows you're dead.

In my sleep for that matter, go to bed and wake up before the Judge of Judges.

An end worthy of rememberance. In love or war.

And if the circumstances arise: Zombies, far as the eye can see.

Edited by DecoNoir

If I had a choice and was asked? Regeneration, just like Dr Who.

I'd love to see my father again, but I don't expect to. I consider our last days as my gift of his passing.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

I really can't go beyond the obvious - painless, with friends and family sharing their love as I move on. To be honest, I find it easier to describe the death experience I would LEAST like to choose. It's not the most painful I can think of, but it's horrible nonetheless :devil:

Like my grandad, preferably. 90 years old, pedaling his bike to the shops, heart attack, all over in seconds. Kid you not!

While I love my family with all my heart, I don't want them around when it happens..

• Like 3

I've seen plenty of death of late.. And seen enough to know that I like what Gandalf the Grey has to say about it..

"The Journey doesn't end.. Death is just another path, and one we must all take.. The grey curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it....... White shores........... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

J.R.R Tolkien.

• Like 4

When my old mum died I sat around the bed with family, she would exhale, then stop breathing... the family would wait and begin to stand up...then she would inhale and everyone sat back down again...This happened repeatedly for about 45min...Im sure she was having a good old laugh..God bless her;

Myself I want to go quickly..preferably on my own..

I've seen plenty of death of late.. And seen enough to know that I like what Gandalf the Grey has to say about it..

"The Journey doesn't end.. Death is just another path, and one we must all take.. The grey curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it....... White shores........... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."

J.R.R Tolkien.

I agree, that's one of the my favourite scenes from the film (never been a fan of LOTR books, but I loved the Hobbit book, but hated the film, so go figure). Always my heart tries to pull its way up to my throat when I see this clip:

• Like 2

When my old mum died I sat around the bed with family, she would exhale, then stop breathing... the family would wait and begin to stand up...then she would inhale and everyone sat back down again...

That's what we did with my mum-in-law. We took turns to sit with her but we were all there when she finally passed. It took her almost a week to die and it was very distressing to watch knowing there was nothing we could do to stop it.

I hope I never have to witness that again. When my turn comes I would rather go in my sleep.

This is a deathbed scenario, yes? I would like to see the "Lord" again, my mom, Sweetheart(s), just to name a few, and light showers with rainbow in the sky, just like the last time, while looking through the window of my cozy sacred home.

• Like 1

...heart attack, all over in seconds. Kid you not!

I know exactly what you mean.

What's that old saying? To be dead and in heaven ten minutes before the Devil knows you're dead.

In my sleep for that matter, go to bed and wake up before the Judge of Judges.

"May you be in Heaven a full half hour before the devil knows you're dead." There's a ring of truth to that. Thing is, before you actually die, part of you will be on the otherside; therefore, you will be able to see the "unseen." Believe it or not.

Painless, quick and the reassurance that the money I leave for my wake will be spent well on a grand ol kneesup for those I leave behind.

Like my grandad, preferably. 90 years old, pedaling his bike to the shops, heart attack, all over in seconds. Kid you not!

While I love my family with all my heart, I don't want them around when it happens..

When my old mum died I sat around the bed with family, she would exhale, then stop breathing... the family would wait and begin to stand up...then she would inhale and everyone sat back down again...This happened repeatedly for about 45min...Im sure she was having a good old laugh..God bless her;

Myself I want to go quickly..preferably on my own..

That's what we did with my mum-in-law. We took turns to sit with her but we were all there when she finally passed. It took her almost a week to die and it was very distressing to watch knowing there was nothing we could do to stop it.

I hope I never have to witness that again. When my turn comes I would rather go in my sleep.

I've had both sides of the coin. In 2012, dad had a sudden heart attack, and the first I heard he died I was waking up on Friday morning with a phone call from mum telling me the bad news.

In 2013, mum was admitted to hospital and after a few scares, I was finally called in to the hospital, told that mum would live (and I quote the doctor attending at the time), "anywhere from half an hour to a few hours". 39 hours later and I was still sitting there and waiting, watching mum go a bit at a time.

Which would I prefer? It's more difficult to answer than you think. With dad, it wasn't really real, I didn't actually accept his death until I saw his body in the casket at the funeral. That hit me hard, but afterwards, I felt much lighter than I had in two weeks. In contrast, with mum, I was in a constant state of stress, and after the night finished I was a mental wreck. But a chat with the social worker assigned to me helped me enormously, and when mum did finally pass away I'd assimilated her passing and accepted it, and I spent the next two weeks (while obviously not great) in a much lighter spirit than I did when dad passed. The time mum took to pass (and knowing that I had the chance to look her in the eye and say "good bye, I'll see you in the life after") is something I'll never get with my dad.

We each deal with death and grief differently so I can't say my experience is "gospel" in this matter, but for me I think it was good for me to be able to say goodbye to mum, even if it meant sitting by her bedside worrying for 39 hours. I never get the chance to say goodbye to dad. But that's just who I am, others would deal with grief differently.

Just a few thoughts to consider :)

~ PA

I just want to be able to see my daughter and my parents again. Would be nice to see all my dogs as well. Time will tell if this ever comes to pass.

The one thing I really would like to do would be to able to tell others if there is another side with hard core, concrete proof of it, reckon I could be the first.

• Like 1

I agree, that's one of the my favourite scenes from the film (never been a fan of LOTR books, but I loved the Hobbit book, but hated the film, so go figure). Always my heart tries to pull its way up to my throat when I see this clip:

[media=]

[/media]

I entirely missed this in both the book and film. This is Gandalf the White speaking? Not Gandalf the Gray? And he's talking about what he experienced when he made the transition from gray to white? He died and then was transformed, but transformed into what?

The one thing I really would like to do would be to able to tell others if there is another side with hard core, concrete proof of it, reckon I could be the first.

Indeed because to make a "no thing" an actual thing or concrete would go against its meaning. The evidence of afterlife we experience on earth is a "no thing," and it's usually through dreams or trance-like states. Afterlife reality could only be experienced through your "awareness," which is consciousness free of material influence (such as brain, flesh, etcetera). People dream about dead loved ones, but it's never concrete; it's not the same as touching or seeing through one's naked eyes.

Scientific proof of ghosts? Angels and demons aren't ghosts. Those proofs are more than likely demons, the disembodied essense of the Nephilim. They are earthbound entities, beings or realities. They can manipulate our earthly surroundings. I believe in demons because I've "experienced" and seen these murderous beings in several forms. My nanny didn't see the "children" who tried to lure me to my death by drowning...long story.

Just sharing.

Edited by No-thingBornPassion

I entirely missed this in both the book and film. This is Gandalf the White speaking? Not Gandalf the Gray? And he's talking about what he experienced when he made the transition from gray to white? He died and then was transformed, but transformed into what?

Yep, he fell and died...

"Then Darkness took me.. And I strayed out of thought and time, and I wandered far upon roads that I will not tell"

---Gandalf the White...

Gotta love that sense of mystery about death.. :D speculation is the fuel of art and poetry and life.

• Like 1

He died and was sent back; ascended from the death experience from a grey wizzard, to a white.